Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Six questions that could show dementia

Crystal
    Crystal

Female
    Number of posts : 1249
    Job/hobbies : Counsellor - Crystals,Tarot, Reiki and animal healing
    Registration date : 2009-06-20

Six questions that could show dementia Empty Six questions that could show dementia

Post  Crystal Tue Mar 24, 2015 6:54 pm

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-3008253/Dementia-Six-questions-risk-dementia.html#ixzz3VHzplFUe

1. WHAT YEAR IS IT?

(score 0 if you answer correctly, 4 if incorrect )

2. WHAT MONTH IS IT?

(correct: 0; incorrect: 3)

At this point in the test, a name and address is given and the person is asked to remember it. It should have five components, for example: Peter Smith, 56 High Street, Luton.

3. WITHOUT LOOKING AT A CLOCK, WHAT TIME IS IT TO THE NEAREST HOUR?

(correct 0; incorrect 3)

4. COUNT BACK FROM 20 TO 1

(correct 0; error 2; more than one error, 4)

5.SAY THE MONTHS OF THE YEAR IN REVERSE ORDER

(correct 0; one error 2; two or more errors 4)

6.TELL ME THE NAME AND ADDRESS I GAVE YOU EARLIER

(correct: 0; one error: 2; two errors: 4; three errors: 6; four errors: 8; all wrong: 10)

Score

0-7 No sign of memory problems.

8-9 Some evidence of memory problems — see your GP.

10-28 High evidence of memory impairment that needs further investigation.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-3008253/Dementia-Six-questions-risk-dementia.html#ixzz3VKZ0YY3W
    Aqua
    Aqua

Female
    Number of posts : 314
    Registration date : 2014-12-11

Six questions that could show dementia Empty Re: Six questions that could show dementia

Post  Aqua Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:06 pm

I have no signs of memory problems. :asmile:
    The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
    RavenMoon
    RavenMoon

Female
    Number of posts : 585
    Job/hobbies : fulltime and lots of interests
    Registration date : 2012-05-06

Six questions that could show dementia Empty Re: Six questions that could show dementia

Post  RavenMoon Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:43 pm

I Love the Daily Mail....  The comments are the best lol lol.. 
    No comment on my score... lol
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

Post  SpiritVoices Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:17 am

I ain't taking the chance!      Never know what might show up.... :blush:
    RavenMoon
    RavenMoon

Female

Post  RavenMoon Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:43 am

you've had them done twice..... by the crazy doctor at the hospital hahahahahahah
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

Post  SpiritVoices Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:48 am

Remember these faults can show up in family members time and time again..... :giggles:
    RavenMoon
    RavenMoon

Female

Post  RavenMoon Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:37 am

Yes I know.. and I have accepted that I have/will have  the  disease -  as well my children do ...

Unfortunately the main problem lies in the people or their family who dismiss it as just forgetfulness.. or who will not accept they have a problem. This then adds to more stress in the situation.

There are so many organisations about  at present to help make lives easier once  it is accepted but you have to kick butt to get them involved. 

Plus I find the test are only beneficial if done correctly..  If the doctor helps a patient with the answers - then this is giving a false result and you should ask for someone else to do the test - the correct result should be the first answer the patient gives and nothing else and then moving on to next question. 
    Crystal
    Crystal

Female
    Number of posts : 1249
    Job/hobbies : Counsellor - Crystals,Tarot, Reiki and animal healing
    Registration date : 2009-06-20

Post  Crystal Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:05 am

Raven  you are absolutely right.

Intelligence also plays a part, clever people learn the test, especially when it is presented as a test and done more than once.

Stress also can affect the memory and mind, a person may be worrying about something completely different at the time, but of course there would have been an initial reason for the test in the first place that should not be forgotten.

Things like clocks in the room or subtitles on tv can all change the result.

Another reason for these kinds of dementia checks is to test if the person still has capacity or if it is diminshed.

If you really think that you are at risk of Alzheimers because of family history and having other family members with the disease then you can get tested more thoroughly and there is medication that staves off the onslaught. But I am sure you already know all that.

Of course vascular dementia is different and is not linked to genes, but the conditions that cause the blood clotting/stroke can be.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 11:11 am