Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+7
mac
ajay0
Violet
gigpdo
skye
Detlef
searchingforanswers90
11 posters

Do souls have genders or is it past-life residue?

searchingforanswers90
    Just joined

Number of posts : 9
    Registration date : 2015-05-24

Do souls have genders or is it past-life residue?  Empty Do souls have genders or is it past-life residue?

Post  searchingforanswers90 Sun May 24, 2015 10:08 am

Do souls have genders or is it past-life residue? I read elsewhere (spiritual.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=30) that gender is specifically bound to the human body but someone who say was born a boy that feels like they should have been born a girl is just experiencing residue from a past-life but reincarnated too soon and carried it over? Maybe this is the reason by there are quite a few people who have become transgendered because they feel like they were born the wrong gender? Otherwise also why do mediums speak to spirits and say he and she? Is it because they (the mediums and the spirits) need to relate it to our human memories and minds and make it easier for us to digest and understand?
    Detlef
    Detlef

Male
    Number of posts : 923
    Registration date : 2010-09-25

Do souls have genders or is it past-life residue?  Empty Re: Do souls have genders or is it past-life residue?

Post  Detlef Sun May 24, 2015 11:40 am

Souls don't have genders it is the spirit who has, not a gender, but  a tendency toward the masculine or the famine.
    There are many reasons gender difficulties can come about, mostly conflicts between gene pool and spirits intent.
    skye

Female
    Number of posts : 1256
    Registration date : 2009-09-06

Do souls have genders or is it past-life residue?  Empty Re: Do souls have genders or is it past-life residue?

Post  skye Sun May 24, 2015 4:31 pm

searchingforanswers90 wrote:Do souls have genders or is it past-life residue? I read elsewhere (spiritual.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=30) that gender is specifically bound to the human body but someone who say was born a boy that feels like they should have been born a girl is just experiencing residue from a past-life but reincarnated too soon and carried it over? Maybe this is the reason by there are quite a few people who have become transgendered because they feel like they were born the wrong gender? Otherwise also why do mediums speak to spirits and say he and she? Is it because they (the mediums and the spirits) need to relate it to our human memories and minds and make it easier for us to digest and understand?
    It is often said "We are all one." If this is correct, then our individual spirits - the life force within us - are a minute part of the 'One' which is said to be our soul. 

As for gender issues, it may likely have something to do with a physical cause rather than a spiritual one.  

Mediums speak to people living in the spirit world. These people are normally friends, relatives and loved ones rather than those who are higher evolved. When we pass into the next realm we come to realise we still have a body, yet it is a spiritual body, one which is similar in appearance to the one we had whilst living here. Should Aunt Betty come through, a medium will have a sense of knowing she is a female, likewise if Uncle Bob came to communicate too. You could say it's useful for identification and acknowledgement purposes.  As we progress and evolve in the next realm we may accept there is no need for a body, perhaps it dissipates gradually, enabling us to become more at one with 'God'.
    The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Post  Violet Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:37 pm

searchingforanswers90 wrote:Do souls have genders or is it past-life residue? I read elsewhere (spiritual.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=30) that gender is specifically bound to the human body but someone who say was born a boy that feels like they should have been born a girl is just experiencing residue from a past-life but reincarnated too soon and carried it over? Maybe this is the reason by there are quite a few people who have become transgendered because they feel like they were born the wrong gender? Otherwise also why do mediums speak to spirits and say he and she? Is it because they (the mediums and the spirits) need to relate it to our human memories and minds and make it easier for us to digest and understand?
    The spirits mediums talk to in my exprience generally appear as they were in life, this is how we can tell which sex, sometimes I don't see any spirit in which case their gender is impressed on me, the best way I can describe that impression is like an overwhelming feeling

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    ajay0

Number of posts : 43
    Registration date : 2017-01-10

Post  ajay0 Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:49 am

The soul is sexless. The sex or gender in the present life depends on the dominant impression in the unconscious mind stemming from the past life.

For example if a man before dying has the dominant impression of his wife or daughter or mother in his unconscious mind, it is highly likely that he will be reborn as a woman in his next life.

The same goes for women who can become men in the next life.

As per the enlightened sage Sri Sri RAvi Shankar, 99% of men become women in the next life and same is the case with women.

This is because of the common attraction between the sexes.
    mac

Male
    Number of posts : 4147
    Job/hobbies : retired
    Registration date : 2010-04-23

Post  mac Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:09 pm

ajay0 wrote:The soul is sexless. The sex or gender in the present life depends on the dominant impression in the unconscious mind stemming from the past life.

For example if a man before dying has the dominant impression of his wife or daughter or mother in his unconscious mind, it is highly likely that he will be reborn as a woman in his next life.

This is a very old thread and although I agree with some of your first sentence I think you are way off with the last two assertions. :asmile:
    ajay0

Registration date : 2017-01-10

Post  ajay0 Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:47 am

mac wrote:
    ajay0 wrote:The soul is sexless. The sex or gender in the present life depends on the dominant impression in the unconscious mind stemming from the past life.

This is a very old thread and although I agree with some of your first sentence I think you are way off with the last two assertions.  :asmile:

I was associated with an ashram in India where people underwent past life regression meditative techniques. I learnt the above information from a guide over there who conducted these sessions.

It made sense to me.

Also, in India, there is an old tradition where when people are about to die, they are encouraged to chant God's name. Sometimes other people will do the same.

This is probably to ensure that spiritual impressions are embedded in the unconscious of the dying person so that he will take to the spiritual path or current in his next life and thereby get liberated from the cycle of death and rebirth. It can also mean a better birth in  the next life.

The impressions at the lost moments are said to be very potent. People know this, but usually at the last moments the fear of death overtake them, and they lose their focus. Hence a lifetime of regular and disciplined mantra or japa chanting is said to be important to ensure that the mind is focused and alert in the last moments before death.
    mac

Male

Post  mac Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:02 am

If it makes sense to you then you should, of course, go with all those ideas but they're not at all my own understanding of the situation.
    Rah nam
    Rah nam

Male
    Job/hobbies : non
    Registration date : 2018-07-27

Post  Rah nam Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:16 am

Yes, this is a very old thread, and I am not sure if anyone still pays attention to what is said her, but anyway.

Of cause the soul/spirit does not have a gender. (I say soul/spirit, since those terms are used interchangeably.)
    Yet all entities and beings have a tendency toward either the masculine or the feminine, and it does not matter how high we go.

In regards of crossing over, I don't feel we have to be concerned any longer of being stuck somewhere for any length of time.
    I was told yesterday by my people, they have started to role up or remove the lower realms, or what some might understand as the lower astral realm.  And crossing over will be very different in the near future.

lomax likes this post

Heightend-Awareness
    Heightend-Awareness

Male
    Number of posts : 454
    Job/hobbies : Self-Employed, learning anything outside the box.
    Registration date : 2020-10-18

Post  Heightend-Awareness Fri Nov 13, 2020 5:55 am

The soul is genderless conscious energy. The gender is defined by the body incarnated into.
    Elfin

Number of posts : 208
    Registration date : 2020-10-16

Post  Elfin Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:35 am

No gender to souls..... Just energy and love. I'm loving the re-emergence of old threads ......
    mac

Male

Post  mac Fri Nov 13, 2020 12:10 pm

Our 'true' selves - our animating spirits - do not, of course, have gender.  That's a classification relating to this physical dimension.

BUT those who return to tell of their survival beyond death, our family and friends, return not as genderless spirits but as individuals we know and recognise - and that includes being male, female or whatever.

I point all that out because there's often confusion over 'spirit' and 'soul' and what those words mean to us as incarnates.
    Heightend-Awareness
    Heightend-Awareness

Male

Post  Heightend-Awareness Fri Nov 13, 2020 5:41 pm

mac wrote:Our 'true' selves - our animating spirits - do not, of course, have gender.  That's a classification relating to this physical dimension.

BUT those who return to tell of their survival beyond death, our family and friends, return not as genderless spirits but as individuals we know and recognise - and that includes being male, female or whatever.

I point all that out because there's often confusion over 'spirit' and 'soul' and what those words mean to us as incarnates.
    The identification of family and friends from individuals that have experienced NDE's perceive those 'spirits' as a former gender so that they can be recognised.

My understanding is that spirit and soul are one and the same. Because most Christian teachings offer the idea that spirit and the soul are two separate components as religion is a man-made construct.
    Rah nam
    Rah nam

Male
    Job/hobbies : non
    Registration date : 2018-07-27

Post  Rah nam Sat Nov 14, 2020 11:27 am

My understanding of spirit and soul is, a soul is a unit of consciousness outside the physical verses. It creates an energy structure we call spirit.
    This energy structure has the ability to incarnate, and through which the soul experiences physicality.
    mac

Male

Post  mac Sat Nov 14, 2020 2:22 pm

For the average Joe like myself there's little of practical value thinking about souls and spirits as different. The catch-all term 'soul/spirit' is an easy way to distinguish between our incarnate and discarnate forms.
    Unseeking Seeker
    Unseeking Seeker

Male
    Number of posts : 325
    Registration date : 2020-10-15

Post  Unseeking Seeker Sat Nov 14, 2020 3:21 pm

PLR inputs reveal our past lives as both male and female.

Within form, energetically, we have both polarities, which is how and why the divine union takes place in the heart centre after kundalini ascent* (*root to crown, then descent to heart). Shiva (potential energy) & Shakti (kinetic energy). Ardhnarishwar (right side masculine, left feminine).

Intermingling of energies is possible only owing to the duality held in the singularity of Hirayangarbha.

My take
    Heightend-Awareness
    Heightend-Awareness

Male

Post  Heightend-Awareness Sat Nov 14, 2020 5:39 pm

Unseeking Seeker wrote:PLR inputs reveal our past lives as both male and female.

Within form, energetically, we have both polarities, which is how and why the divine union takes place in the heart centre after kundalini ascent* (*root to crown, then descent to heart). Shiva (potential energy) & Shakti (kinetic energy). Ardhnarishwar (right side masculine, left feminine).

Intermingling of energies is possible only owing to the duality held in the singularity of Hirayangarbha.

My take
    In some aspects this is true. As an example, my wife and I sleep right side (me), my wife on the left. Sit in the lounge room or outside and walking together as said before right side me and left for her. This was/is not a conscious decision. Bizarre.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:07 am