Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
Blueanchor
millergrls
ameliorate
7 posters

Mediums, telepathy and what is being contacted....an enquiry

ameliorate
    ameliorate

Female
    Number of posts : 3603
    Job/hobbies : Full-time person! Cooking, creating things
    Registration date : 2012-02-15

Mediums, telepathy and what is being contacted....an enquiry - Page 5 Empty Mediums, telepathy and what is being contacted....an enquiry

Post  ameliorate Sun Oct 23, 2016 4:17 pm

First topic message reminder :

In a recent discussion I am having on this forum, I have grown to be both puzzled and sceptical about mediums and what is being contacted exactly.  I have started this thread with an open mind to find some answers, i.e. do not mind being proved wrong if it makes sense.

My understanding is that our ego comprises of our thoughts, emotions, memories etc - in short, our worldly ID and how we interact with the world.  This is what dies and our spirit lives on/our essence.

So I do not understand when mediums contact the dead and pass on messages as if the spirit can think and feel...since thoughts, emotions and memories spring from our ego/worldly ID and our mind surely dies once the brain does.

I read this today....

"Mental mediumship" is communication of spirits with a medium by telepathy. The medium mentally "hears" (clairaudience), "sees" (clairvoyance), and/or feels (clairsentience) messages from spirits.

The key word here is telepathy.  What I am wondering is whether the medium is picking up (via telepathy) the thoughts, feelings and memories from the person wishing to make contact with the dead and, hence, (for instance) would detect a nickname.  If so, it is no great stretch to pass on the badly needed reassurance of love etc. 

I am not saying that mediums are intentionally fake.  Of course there are frauds, e.g. even Doris Stokes was caught out (by the investigator Ian Wilson) i.e. revealed to have done research and planted specific people in her audience!!!  For those who feel they genuinely have the gift, please explain what your experience is i.e. what is being contacted since thinking and feeling is of mind - not spirit.

I would greatly appreciate honest feedback.  I wish to know the truth of what is going on.
    Thank you.
    Blueanchor
    Blueanchor

Number of posts : 1189
    Registration date : 2015-08-26

Mediums, telepathy and what is being contacted....an enquiry - Page 5 Empty Re: Mediums, telepathy and what is being contacted....an enquiry

Post  Blueanchor Sun Oct 30, 2016 9:41 pm

Sorry Ame, i'm off - it's making me ill being here.
    ameliorate
    ameliorate

Female

Mediums, telepathy and what is being contacted....an enquiry - Page 5 Empty Re: Mediums, telepathy and what is being contacted....an enquiry

Post  ameliorate Sun Oct 30, 2016 9:46 pm

Blueanchor wrote:Sorry Ame, i'm off - it's making me ill being here.
    Oh don't be silly.  You can't let one member affect you that much can you?  Please think it over.  I am sure mac will take a back seat now.
    skye

Female
    Number of posts : 1256
    Registration date : 2009-09-06

Post  skye Sun Oct 30, 2016 9:59 pm

Blueanchor wrote:
    skye wrote:
    Blueanchor wrote:
    skye wrote:
    Blueanchor wrote:
    I had an experience of a friend that died and there was a period of months after her death that I felt her around, and in which she communicated with me with learning about her life and about death. Then that energy disappeared completely. From this experience, I'm inclined to agree that the human identity or personality is only temporary layer that drops away.

When mediumship is the goal of a group (or a medium that has not developed as a psychic is teaching), then the word 'psychic' tends to be used to describe what mediumship is not... or what should not be mistaken as being mediumship. But it makes for a poor definition of what psychic is. 

A psychic connection is to spirit that animates life on earth. A psychic can often read the energy that has touched non-living objects (residue from spirit - as a dog can track a person from its scent), but it is spirit in the living that they connect with and communicate with.
    There is also the possibility that once an incarnate is aware their loved ones and/or friends are as much as alive now, as they were before their physical death. then perhaps there is no reason for the spirit to delay their spiritual progression any further, and choose to move onward.
    I do hope you are not referring to me as teaching anyone? If not, apologies for the error of my judgement.
    If I'd have meant that, I'd have said so Skye.

I don't like insinuations as have been made about me not sharing definitions and I don't do it myself about other people.
    I haven't made any insinuations about you so why mention it in your reply?
    I mentioned it because the conversation was between you and mac.
    Yes I replied to mac's post 82. He asked if anyone else agreed with his comments about the different meanings and terms we are using on this thread. I class myself as being 'anyone' and agreed it could be helpful, not just for us but for any interested member who may be confused yet who are following the thread. They had as much right to reply as anyone had and yet, I presumed due to past experience, that 'anyone' wouldn't or had no intention of making a comment.   
    ameliorate
    ameliorate

Female

Post  ameliorate Sun Oct 30, 2016 10:09 pm

I just feel the need to post this peaceful, serene image here.

Mediums, telepathy and what is being contacted....an enquiry - Page 5 C1f71cfa120851e9d843c063c762a8eb
    mac

Male
    Number of posts : 4147
    Job/hobbies : retired
    Registration date : 2010-04-23

Post  mac Sun Oct 30, 2016 10:35 pm

Blueanchor wrote:
    mac wrote:
    Blueanchor wrote:I'll just point you in the direction of reading my posts Mac.

In them you'll find definitions of what an SNU medium does and is and of what a medium as a vessel for spirit to communicate does and is.

You'll also find clear and detailed definitions of what a psychic connection is.

What you won't find is a clear definition of what constitutes the spirit. This is the question that started this conversation and I've enjoyed considering the possibilities of what can be defined as spirit. Hence why it serves to learn more to not define it.

Listening to Skye on her experience as a medium, I do believe that she has two way conversation with the discarnated personality.  But, like Ame, I don't believe (or might go so far as to say that I know) that the surface personality is not the whole of a human being, let alone the whole picture of spirit.

So there you have it, the definitions were not exactly hidden for you to read :candle:
    In posting #73 I suggested we might want consider the meanings of  "medium,  psychic,   spirit,  soul,  and afterlife".   You could have written a sentence or two rather than just point me (quote) "..in the direction of reading" your posts.  Your meanings - all our meanings - were for others to consider.  Were they too meant to go looking?

I have already read what you've written on various subjects but some, short simple statements would have been easier to deal with.  My idea was to see if we could find common ground on the meanings of words.  Perhaps you're not interested in that?

I agree that nailing a simple meaning for 'spirit' might be tricky but I just wanted to learn what it meant to us individually - I wasn't seeking to define it any more than I was seeking to define any others. 

I don't know what a (quote) "discarnated personality" means.  Something else where a simple explanation would be helpful to see if we could find common ground over its meaning.

To respond to you final sentence, I didn't ask for definitions I asked about meanings.  If I wanted a definition I'd consult several dictionaries.  I wouldn't accept you as a single source for one any more than I would accept any other individual's version - including my own.

Yes the way you use the words I asked about, their meaning for you are (quote) "not exactly hidden" but did you think it's so important that I would search through all your material?  I'm interested in what you believe but please don't treat me like you're a professor and I'm a student
    desperately seeking your counsel.
    Perhaps it would have been best left when I said that I didn't want the conversation with you. Instead you chose to make silly comments suggesting that people that wouldn't give you explanations must be scared of something. Then where does it lead if I have a conversation, to you writing posts like you did earlier in the thread, making silly comments of "whatever...".

So there is good reason why I didn't what to get into a conversation with you. I'm in it now because you wanted to insinuate rubbish because I didn't want to respond. I am under no delusion that you are wanting to be a student of anything, you are a man that wants an argument about definitions on the internet.
       An argument about definitions on the internet?  what????  Were my words so hard to understand when I said I'm not looking for definitions?  And I never mentioned anything about the internet.  oy vey! enough already....

Last edited by mac on Sun Oct 30, 2016 10:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
    mac

Male

Post  mac Sun Oct 30, 2016 10:45 pm

ameliorate wrote:
    Oh don't be silly.  You can't let one member affect you that much can you?  Please think it over.  I am sure mac will take a back seat now.
    You're right - I'm tired - bed time!
    ameliorate
    ameliorate

Female

Post  ameliorate Sun Oct 30, 2016 10:58 pm

mac wrote:
    ameliorate wrote:
    You can sleep after this!?  Mediums, telepathy and what is being contacted....an enquiry - Page 5 Icon_eek
    mac

Male

Post  mac Mon Oct 31, 2016 6:16 am

ameliorate wrote:
    mac wrote:
    ameliorate wrote:
    You can sleep after this!?  Mediums, telepathy and what is being contacted....an enquiry - Page 5 Icon_eek
    after this?  after what?   :sleepy3:
    mac

Male

Post  mac Mon Oct 31, 2016 6:38 am

ameliorate wrote:Could you both please let it go now or start a thread to thrash out your differences (or even take it to PM maybe?)  It is making me quite ill to read how sour the situation is becoming and I don't want to unsubscribe on my own thread to avoid reading this escalating conflict.

Thank you.
    It's not actually your own thread, ameleriorate.  This is an open forum and anyone may respond. 

In posting #92 I suggested that as you'd found what you wanted we maybe should leave things be.  (Earlier you'd even engaged in my attempt for us to understand each other's individual approaches. (I quoted your words in #89) 

So I was ready to stop at that point but other members chose to continue and I then did the same.  I did think we just might have progressed the discussion over why we saw things so very differently.  That was naive of me!

Of course we have differences - surely that was obvious from very early on - but there was no need for you to continue posting in this thread if it made you feel ill, especially so as you said you'd found what you had hoped for.
    ameliorate
    ameliorate

Female

Post  ameliorate Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:46 am

mac wrote:
    ameliorate wrote:Could you both please let it go now or start a thread to thrash out your differences (or even take it to PM maybe?)  It is making me quite ill to read how sour the situation is becoming and I don't want to unsubscribe on my own thread to avoid reading this escalating conflict.

Thank you.
    It's not actually your own thread, ameleriorate.  This is an open forum and anyone may respond. 

In posting #92 I suggested that as you'd found what you wanted we maybe should leave things be.  (Earlier you'd even engaged in my attempt for us to understand each other's individual approaches. (I quoted your words in #89) 

So I was ready to stop at that point but other members chose to continue and I then did the same.  I did think we just might have progressed the discussion over why we saw things so very differently.  That was naive of me!

Of course we have differences - surely that was obvious from very early on - but there was no need for you to continue posting in this thread if it made you feel ill, especially so as you said you'd found what you had hoped for.
    Yes it IS my thread, as you said....don't quite understand why you need to say 'your own'??  Of course this is an open forum but, you acknowledged that it is my thread by apologising to me when it went off track.  I would extend the same courtesy (and have done) if it occurred with myself on someone else's thread.

You misunderstand what I said mac.  It was the painful READING of the falling out between yourself and Blueanchor that made me ill not posting!  It was evident - to anyone who is sensitive - that Blueanchor was feeling sufficiently upset/hurt as to not want to correspond with you further although I think she felt somewhat obliged to given your comments.  So, it being a thread I had started, I felt I needed to let you know this since I didn't want to have to unsubscribe on my thread and so miss what might be further, valueable posts.  If you accept that going off track is discourteous on someone else's thread, then you surely concede that I have a right to draw your attention to when it gets even further off track and becomes members attacking each other!?

I am very sad that Blueanchor has chosen to leave this forum because of this.  It is very regrettable since her spiritual posts were a great asset here. 
    mac

Male

Post  mac Mon Oct 31, 2016 11:04 am

ameliorate wrote:
    mac wrote:

Thank you.

Yes it IS my thread, as you said....don't quite understand why you need to say 'your own'??  Of course this is an open forum but, you acknowledged that it is my thread by apologising to me when it went off track.  I would extend the same courtesy (and have done) if it occurred with myself on someone else's thread.

You misunderstand what I said mac.  It was READING the falling out between yourself and Blueanchor that made me ill and, it being my thread, I felt I needed to let you know this since I didn't want to have to unsubscribe on my thread and so miss what might be further, valueable posts.  If you accept that going off track is discourteous on someone else's thread, then you surely concede that I have a right to draw your attention to when it gets even further off track and becomes members attacking each other!?

I am very sad that Blueanchor has chosen to leave this forum because of this.  It is very regrettable since her spiritual posts were a great asset here. 
    It's only a thread that you started, ameliorate.

None of us own a thread even if we start them. But you had already used the words "....unsubscribe on my own thread."

I apologised to you for it going off-topic when Blueanchor was debating with me and I meant itBut later you said you'd found what you wanted and because of that I didn't think it would matter if we continued discussing and debating.  
    I've experienced  members going off-topic on threads.  It happens a lot on forums. But the main subject of the thread appeared to have been answered to your satisfaction so what harm was there if we continued off-topic?

I'm sorry you felt ill because of the ongoing spat and didn't seen your comment until this morning but I refuse to accept responsibility for your feeling ill.  To be blunt I don't understand why you would feel ill about something not involving yourself but you can put that down to my being a bloke if you wish. 

I don't understand why anyone would leave a thread that was interesting.  Forum interchanges can become heated and I followed the long one involving Thunder Bow recently.  It's the nature of discussion/debate forums.

I don't understand why Blue anchor has chosen to leave.  If I'm such a terrible individual why not just ignore me?  Same principle for any other member who dislikes what I write- just ignore it and say your own piece.

ameliorate
    ameliorate

Female

Post  ameliorate Mon Oct 31, 2016 11:15 am

mac wrote:
    ameliorate wrote:
    mac wrote:

Thank you.

You misunderstand what I said mac.  It was READING the falling out between yourself and Blueanchor that made me ill and, it being my thread, I felt I needed to let you know this since I didn't want to have to unsubscribe on my thread and so miss what might be further, valueable posts.  If you accept that going off track is discourteous on someone else's thread, then you surely concede that I have a right to draw your attention to when it gets even further off track and becomes members attacking each other!?

None of us own a thread even if we start them. But you had already used the words "....unsubscribe on my own thread."

I apologised to you for it going off-topic when Blueanchor was debating with me and I meant itBut later you said you'd found what you wanted and because of that I didn't think it would matter if we continued discussing and debating.  
    I've experienced  members going off-topic on threads.  It happens a lot on forums. But the main subject of the thread appeared to have been answered to your satisfaction so what harm was there if we continued off-topic?

I'm sorry you felt ill because of the ongoing spat and didn't seen your comment until this morning but I refuse to accept responsibility for your feeling ill.  To be blunt I don't understand why you would feel ill about something not involving yourself but you can put that down to my being a bloke if you wish. 

I don't understand why anyone would leave a thread that was interesting.  Forum interchanges can become heated and I followed the long one involving Thunder Bow recently.  It's the nature of discussion/debate forums.

I don't understand why Blue anchor has chosen to leave.  If I'm such a terrible individual why not just ignore me?  Same principle for any other member who dislikes what I write- just ignore it and say your own piece.

Oh Mac...my mum is very close to death now so I can do without this.

I dislike reading members locking antlers - it is unpleasant....especially so when it involves spiritualised people (who I view more respectfully/favourably) and that it was with Blueanchor, someone I valued here.

I am not laying a guilt trip on you mac i.e. just described how it made me felt.  You, for your part, had your role to play in upsetting Blueanchor enough for her to choose to leave.   Whether you take some responsibility for that at all is your call/conscience.   I agree that she could have chosen to ignore you.  I think it may have been the last straw though since I managed to persuade her not to leave before.

Oh well, we are where we are....
    mac

Male

Post  mac Mon Oct 31, 2016 11:41 am

ameliorate wrote:
    mac wrote:
    ameliorate wrote:
    mac wrote:

Thank you.

Oh Mac...my mum is very close to death now so I can do without this.

I dislike reading members locking antlers - it is unpleasant....especially so when it involves spiritualised people (who I view more respectfully/favourably) and that it was with Blueanchor, someone I valued here.

I am not laying a guilt trip on you mac i.e. just described how it made me felt.  You, for your part, had your role to play in upsetting Blueanchor enough for her to choose to leave.   Whether you take some responsibility for that at all is your call/conscience.   I agree that she could have chosen to ignore you.  I think it may have been the last straw though since I managed to persuade her not to leave before.

Oh well, we are where we are....
    I'm so sorry to hear that, ameliorate.   With your mum so close to passing why, oh why, are you even writing in this thread?  Now I understand why you're so upset and I'm so sorry that's all happening for you.

Please accept my sympathy for you and your mother.  I'm not going to respond to any other issue as this is not the right place.
    skye

Female
    Number of posts : 1256
    Registration date : 2009-09-06

Post  skye Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:13 pm

Sorry to hear the news about your mum ameliorate. My thoughts and prayers are with you both at this time.
    ameliorate
    ameliorate

Female

Post  ameliorate Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:38 am

Thanks mac and skye for your kind words.

As to why I was 'so upset' about the conflict developed here, I wasn't!  I was just upset i.e. not to a great degree.  As I explained to mac in PM, when we have stress in our lives (as does Blueanchor currently - expressed in another thread) then we deal less well with situations and any misunderstanding may be felt more keenly than it should. 

This is just to explain that what occurred here was the tip of the iceberg, i.e. not totally due to what you read!  It is unfortunate that mac didn't know this at the time and so was caught up in the situation.  I guess it is helpful to know that, when a reaction may seem disproportionate to the circumstance, other factors may be coming into play - leakage.

I have enjoyed this thread and its contributions for the most part so I see it as a success, in that my enquiry was answered.  I didn't realise it at the time but the topic itself will prove quite useful in what is to come.... 
    kiwi

Number of posts : 30
    Registration date : 2016-11-05

Mediums, telepathy and what is being contacted....an enquiry - Page 5 Empty ego vs self

Post  kiwi Sun Nov 06, 2016 3:43 am

during aug and sept 2016 we globally went thru a questioning moment of reflecting on ego vs self as the heart and mind started to open more on a searching quest.  When we are young kids, we are happy and naïve, full of innocence and as we get older we are then taught how to behave, yes and no, adjusting to the ways of society. Around our teens, we start to create who we want to be, how we want others to see us, fit in so we create another person, if you've heard the term * 2 faced*  our true selves, we hide deep down inside us, in safety so no one can harm us which some call the inner child and/or the inner self who only surfaces when we are at our most happiest, or feeling safe and comfortable around certain people. Rest of the time, we allow our ego to take control. Its a matter of survival in this world. Our body is only a vehicle in which our spirit/soul resides. this year was about *letting go* of everything and bringing out the true us, the one whos whispering and calling out. becoming who you truly are on the inside. It is a complicated discussion when comes to ego and the selves, we have the inner self, highest self and the all knowing self. joining them all together again, to become our true self. the ego is created by us, as we were brainwashed and our thoughts and behaviors changed so we could live and survive in this world. telepathy, I agree. but some people can hear spirits just like was a person standing next to them, others do within the mind, its similar to thinking but you know its not you, its your voice yes but then again its not. channelling and telepathy I feel are the same, its all done within the mind. the interesting fact is, the more we question the more we start to see..
    Blueanchor
    Blueanchor

Number of posts : 1189
    Registration date : 2015-08-26

Post  Blueanchor Sun Nov 06, 2016 9:30 am

kiwi wrote:during aug and sept 2016 we globally went thru a questioning moment of reflecting on ego vs self as the heart and mind started to open more on a searching quest.  When we are young kids, we are happy and naïve, full of innocence and as we get older we are then taught how to behave, yes and no, adjusting to the ways of society. Around our teens, we start to create who we want to be, how we want others to see us, fit in so we create another person, if you've heard the term * 2 faced*  our true selves, we hide deep down inside us, in safety so no one can harm us which some call the inner child and/or the inner self who only surfaces when we are at our most happiest, or feeling safe and comfortable around certain people. Rest of the time, we allow our ego to take control. Its a matter of survival in this world. Our body is only a vehicle in which our spirit/soul resides. this year was about *letting go* of everything and bringing out the true us, the one whos whispering and calling out. becoming who you truly are on the inside. It is a complicated discussion when comes to ego and the selves, we have the inner self, highest self and the all knowing self. joining them all together again, to become our true self. the ego is created by us, as we were brainwashed and our thoughts and behaviors changed so we could live and survive in this world. telepathy, I agree. but some people can hear spirits just like was a person standing next to them, others do within the mind, its similar to thinking but you know its not you, its your voice yes but then again its not. channelling and telepathy I feel are the same, its all done within the mind. the interesting fact is, the more we question the more we start to see..
    What you speak of here is the difference between walking a spiritual path and psychic/medium ability that I spoke of on your other thread. In my view, they are necessary partners

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:27 pm