Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
psychoslice
gigpdo
6 posters

Are Psychic Mediums Mentally Unstable

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
    psychoslice
    psychoslice

Male
    Number of posts : 1117
    Job/hobbies : oil painting, reading,music, living life
    Registration date : 2010-04-23

Are Psychic Mediums Mentally Unstable Empty Re: Are Psychic Mediums Mentally Unstable

Post  psychoslice Wed Aug 09, 2017 4:54 am

Their just different, sort of eccentric, diffidently not psychotic, i can be psychotic because I have schizophrenia which one would be medicated for.
    Blueanchor
    Blueanchor

Number of posts : 1189
    Registration date : 2015-08-26

Are Psychic Mediums Mentally Unstable Empty Re: Are Psychic Mediums Mentally Unstable

Post  Blueanchor Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:27 pm

I guess some are, some aren't. Many mental health conditions can be found on a sliding scale from what is deemed to be normal.
    Aube Borealis

Female
    Number of posts : 117
    Registration date : 2017-07-05

Post  Aube Borealis Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:48 pm

I think maturity and professionalism are of great significance in being sane, to being grounded to reality and being objective.
    psychoslice
    psychoslice

Male

Post  psychoslice Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:39 am

gigpdo wrote:Hello KP,
    Yes I was thinking more towards ending up mentally damaged, more of the psyche being damaged,the medium/seers mind damaged,than having a prior mental illness!
    It was just a thought I had that's all,I read something on the forum,this forum that made me think how George is getting along,we lost touch over 30 years ago,his brother Michael was an old workmate,I loaned him some of my books,George apparently seen them one day and decided he was a psychic medium?
    Just out of the blue he decided he was a medium,the last I heard was at a mates funeral in 1993,Michael just said his brother George had gone a bit "funny",as in thought he was a very special entity,not sure how he got on,but it made me wonder just what a fine line there is between sanity and insanity,and,maybe just how close we all are to "losing the plot",even just belonging to this forum would seem strange or odd to some folk!

But I was just wondering,thinking out aloud.
    I personally believe that its very rare that there is someone who is truly so called psychic, most who believe they are psychic only believe they are, they might get something right here and there, but then anyone can do that, you always remember the ones you got right and forget about all that was not right.
    Blueanchor
    Blueanchor

Post  Blueanchor Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:17 am

Belief tends to have some bias towards the one believing in it.
    psychoslice
    psychoslice

Male

Post  psychoslice Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:51 am

Blueanchor wrote:Belief tends to have some bias towards the one believing in it.
    Yes it can work both ways, this is why i try not to cling to any beliefs, not even the belief of not clinging lol.
    psychoslice
    psychoslice

Male

Post  psychoslice Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:44 am

With all respect I personally don't hold the belief of talking to the dead, the dead are dead they cannot talk, anyone can call themselves a psychic and anyone can come up with things that sound like a message from the dead, you either get it right or wrong, and when its right it is remembered, when its wrong its quickly forgotten, but that is my view and what I have discovered.
    Blueanchor
    Blueanchor

Post  Blueanchor Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:41 am

psychoslice wrote:
    Blueanchor wrote:Belief tends to have some bias towards the one believing in it.
    Yes it can work both ways, this is why i try not to cling to any beliefs, not even the belief of not clinging lol.
    You do cling to beliefs... beliefs about ego, mind body organisms and enlightenment. Its a different set of beliefs, but my goodness you are a clinger as you rarely speak about anything other than that.
    Blueanchor
    Blueanchor

Post  Blueanchor Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:02 am

gigpdo wrote:Thanks for the replies,I suppose we can assume that some psychic mediums,trance mediums or whatever we feel like calling them may or may not be the "real deal"
    Inside their own minds they are speaking/communicating with spirits,either from this Earth or possibly other realms?

If like Edgar Cayce (who I believe was the real deal) and a very public figure too and believable,if all of us had this "gift" we surely would live in a very different world to what I know,but the internet I think is a very unusual device/instrument,all the normal George's of this world having internet access at their fingertips,and a very large audience,could that tip them over the edge,as in feed this idea that they really are gifted entities,sent to this Earth just for that purpose,maybe one in a million or billion could have that purpose at rebirth,not all of these psychics I see advertised on TV or the internet are the real deal,I think we all know that,its a scam or snowjob,for money of course,but there are one or two genuine mediums around,in fact I wonder why every murder cannot be solved by mediums?,

I still wonder about "normal George",I lost contact with his brother Michael years ago,are we all fooling ourselves that we are capable of talking to the dead,or are we talking to our own subconscious minds,chatting away to our own "heads" and not knowing the difference?
    Ive had readings with people that label themselves as psychic mediums. On numerous occassions they have tried to take the reading down the root of there being a deceased person around, when in reality they are picking up on an aspect of me or on what I would call a guide. 

I work a lot with guides and the validity of that guidance comes from following it and also the consequences of not following it. But, although I speak of guides and guidance and I speak of how that appears to me, I dont know whether it is my inner knowing or unconcious or whether spirit flies free from me to the point of beng something else. My belief is that all is one and that something that can be percieved as separate to me is an aspect of my experience. But I dont know the make up of everything, so when I bring it back to simple, all that matters is whether the guidance is useful in life. 

Id say the same thing about George, if his belief has enriched his life and not hurt anyone else, then it doesnt really matter whether he speaks to spirits or not. If it hurts others or takes advantage of peoples vulnerabilities, then that would matter to me.
    psychoslice
    psychoslice

Male

Post  psychoslice Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:24 am

Blueanchor wrote:
    psychoslice wrote:
    You do cling to beliefs... beliefs about ego, mind body organisms and enlightenment. Its a different set of beliefs, but my goodness you are a clinger as you rarely speak about anything other than that.
    That's fine it you want to believe that, doesn't bother me the least.
    Blueanchor
    Blueanchor

Post  Blueanchor Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:36 am

psychoslice wrote:
    Blueanchor wrote:
    psychoslice wrote:
    Its not meant to bother you, but it is pointing out a reality to you... and you may toss it aside and carry on believing that you are all this and none of the other.
    Or you could consider it as something you might not yet be aware of... look through your posts over the years and you'll be able to observe for yourself that you rarely talk of anything but body mind organisms, not being that, enlightenment and ego. Each has their own beliefs and thats yours and thats fine, Im not critisizing that... they are the beliefs that suit you. But the belief that other people are clinging on to beliefs and that you are not is just words when your actions show that you are very set on one belief system.  
    Could you let it go? Could you stop repeating the same beliefs and explore something that you dont know, havnt yet realised?
    Blueanchor
    Blueanchor

Post  Blueanchor Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:39 pm

gigpdo wrote:Mmmmm,from psychic mediums to personal beliefs,from talking to the dead to talking to ourselves,maybe we should have a thread about beliefs,not a spiritual viewpoint but a subjective view of what we actually really do believe.
    I think we all have beliefs whether we want them or not,maybe called by another name,maybe a thought or an idea in our heads can be called a belief,so what is the definition of "belief"?

Looks like this thread has had a reprieve thanks to KP,or to use his proper title,"King Psychoslice" as famous as "Studebaker Hawk",who was the only man in the World who could write "The Lords Prayer" on the head of a pin!, lol,hahaha, according to Frank Zappa anyway!,lol.
    In ancient times, stories were told around the fire. Stories that explained observations of the world around us. Stories can fire the imagination and ignite an inner knowing... that feeling of familiarity or rememberance of something long forgotten... known but unknown. 

But at some point in human history, perhaps 2000 years ago, perhaps during the dark ages or maybe with the dawn of the age of enlightenment, the intellect came to be ruler.

The imaginative mind uses belief to play with possibilities... maybe what mediums hear or see are discarnated people, maybe they are the memories of the living relative, maybe they are the meeting of imaginations, the satisfying of needs or the computerised human dysfunctioning. 

Whereas, intellectual belief is a belief that it has found what is and what is not... mediumship is the ability to communicate with discarnated beings (add reasonable explanation of how this is proven) or mediumship is not possible (add reasonable explanation of why not).
    psychoslice
    psychoslice

Male

Post  psychoslice Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:04 am

Blueanchor wrote:
    psychoslice wrote:
    Blueanchor wrote:
    psychoslice wrote:
    Its not meant to bother you, but it is pointing out a reality to you... and you may toss it aside and carry on believing that you are all this and none of the other.
    Or you could consider it as something you might not yet be aware of... look through your posts over the years and you'll be able to observe for yourself that you rarely talk of anything but body mind organisms, not being that, enlightenment and ego. Each has their own beliefs and thats yours and thats fine, Im not critisizing that... they are the beliefs that suit you. But the belief that other people are clinging on to beliefs and that you are not is just words when your actions show that you are very set on one belief system.  
    Could you let it go? Could you stop repeating the same beliefs and explore something that you dont know, havnt yet realised?
    I don't cling to any beliefs, and what more could i talk about when discussing beyond the mind, you seem to want people to play around with soothing words, but that's not my style, I don't stroke peoples ego's to please them. What i say is simple, how can it be not simple, we are that which is here NOW, and beyond, its all One, if my words don't stimulate you then don't read them. :evil1:
    Blueanchor
    Blueanchor

Post  Blueanchor Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:06 am

psychoslice wrote:
    Blueanchor wrote:
    psychoslice wrote:
    Blueanchor wrote:
    psychoslice wrote:
    I don't cling to any beliefs, and what more could i talk about when discussing beyond the mind, you seem to want people to play around with soothing words.
    Where does your idea of what I want come from?
    psychoslice
    psychoslice

Male

Post  psychoslice Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:40 pm

Blueanchor wrote:
    psychoslice wrote:
    Blueanchor wrote:
    psychoslice wrote:
    Blueanchor wrote:
    I don't cling to any beliefs, and what more could i talk about when discussing beyond the mind, you seem to want people to play around with soothing words.
    What do you want ?. :cool:
    Aube Borealis

Female
    Number of posts : 117
    Registration date : 2017-07-05

Post  Aube Borealis Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:57 am

psychoslice wrote:With all respect I personally don't hold the belief of talking to the dead, the dead are dead they cannot talk, anyone can call themselves a psychic and anyone can come up with things that sound like a message from the dead, you either get it right or wrong, and when its right it is remembered, when its wrong its quickly forgotten, but that is my view and what I have discovered.
    Hello Psychoslice, 

What do you think they are then? This is a good thread topic you can open, very interesting.
    Blueanchor
    Blueanchor

Post  Blueanchor Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:33 pm

psychoslice wrote:
    Blueanchor wrote:
    psychoslice wrote:
    Blueanchor wrote:
    psychoslice wrote:
    No, where did the  idea that you typed come from ?
    psychoslice
    psychoslice

Male

Post  psychoslice Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:23 pm

Aube Borealis wrote:
    psychoslice wrote:With all respect I personally don't hold the belief of talking to the dead, the dead are dead they cannot talk, anyone can call themselves a psychic and anyone can come up with things that sound like a message from the dead, you either get it right or wrong, and when its right it is remembered, when its wrong its quickly forgotten, but that is my view and what I have discovered.
    Hello Psychoslice, 

What do you think they are then? This is a good thread topic you can open, very interesting.
    Their simply people who in their hearts believe they can communicate with the dead or beyond the grave, if that is what you meant by they ?.
    psychoslice
    psychoslice

Male

Post  psychoslice Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:26 pm

Blueanchor wrote:
    psychoslice wrote:
    Blueanchor wrote:
    psychoslice wrote:
    Blueanchor wrote:
    I see, that is simple, from the mind body organism, from its conditioning and programming, I may realize I am not this body, but the mind body is still here, just as there is the shadow, I am not the shadow but its still there.
    Blueanchor
    Blueanchor

Post  Blueanchor Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:31 pm

psychoslice wrote:
    Blueanchor wrote:
    psychoslice wrote:
    Blueanchor wrote:
    psychoslice wrote:
    I see, that is simple, from the mind body organism, from its conditioning and programming, I may realize I am not this body, but the mind body is still here, just as there is the shadow, I am not the shadow but its still there.
    It was very simple. So next simple question, why did you ask a question instead of answering simply?

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:42 am