Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
Violet
shayn
innerlight
7 posters

Fear in readings?

innerlight
    innerlight
    Elite

Male
    Number of posts : 3817
    Registration date : 2009-02-20

Fear in readings? Empty Fear in readings?

Post  innerlight Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:02 am

Why do so many readers use fear in their readings? I'm not talking about predicting death, or saying someone is gonna get hurt.

I'm talking things like saying you have a negative spirit attached to you. Negative spirits are the reason you keep breaking up with your other, or you can't get a job because of it.

Do these things really help a person? Or just create panic, and fear, and then cause them to shell out money to the next medium they can to remove these things.
    shayn
    shayn

Female
    Number of posts : 4035
    Job/hobbies : tarot reader
    Registration date : 2009-02-18

Fear in readings? Empty Re: Fear in readings?

Post  shayn Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:07 am

i can't agree more with you Innerlight, but i have no answers. i know i don't do that.
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Post  Violet Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:26 am

No imo it doesn't help anyone other than the person doing the reading it is totally irresponsible to leave someone full of fear after a reading, readings are suposed to ease fear bring comfort and upliftment, and if it is mediumship proof of the afterlife to the recipient.

If someone told me that, for one I wouldn't believe them and secondly I would never go near them again, it gives us all a bad name.

I'm not saying bad spirits don't exist, but a true attachment or posession is quite rare, it is also bad practice to blame your own mistakes onto a 'negative energy' that's simply not taking responsibility for your own actions.

I think if you truly had a negative energy attached you would know without the medium telling you.

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    innerlight
    innerlight
    Elite

Male
    Number of posts : 3817
    Registration date : 2009-02-20

Post  innerlight Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:32 pm

Violet wrote:No imo it doesn't help anyone other than the person doing the reading it is totally irresponsible to leave someone full of fear after a reading, readings are suposed to ease fear bring comfort and upliftment, and if it is mediumship proof of the afterlife to the recipient.

If someone told me that, for one I wouldn't believe them and secondly I would never go near them again, it gives us all a bad name.

I'm not saying bad spirits don't exist, but a true attachment or posession is quite rare, it is also bad practice to blame your own mistakes onto a 'negative energy' that's simply not taking responsibility for your own actions.

I think if you truly had a negative energy attached you would know without the medium telling you.

For a person that knows better, yes, you wouldn't believe it. For someone new on their spiritual journey they will believe it, and it will create fear, and panic in them.

What's even worse is there is really not much proof that a person with a supposed entity, or energy around them will have once it's removed. You can really only go on the word of the person that is removing it.
    kazandlee
    kazandlee

Male
    Number of posts : 150
    Job/hobbies : Paranormal, Manager
    Registration date : 2009-10-24

Fear in readings? Empty Reading

Post  kazandlee Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:42 am

I can say that in the 10 years i have been reading, i havent lef anyone with feelings of fear or worry, yeah sure readings arnt always seen with Rose tinted Glasses, but is important that if we do recieve something that is quite negative or you know that the person wouldnt want to hear, that we make sure we leave them with a resolution or a positive outcome, i could never hold anything back that i recieve, i feel i would be cheating myself not just Spirit or the person being read.

Remember that there can be Positives to come from Negatives, we just have to reassure the person that whatever it is that they face, Spirit are there to help guide them through.

Lee.
    Fear in readings? 577431
    shayn
    shayn

Female

Post  shayn Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:47 am

kazandlee wrote:I can say that in the 10 years i have been reading, i havent lef anyone with feelings of fear or worry, yeah sure readings arnt always seen with Rose tinted Glasses, but is important that if we do recieve something that is quite negative or you know that the person wouldnt want to hear, that we make sure we leave them with a resolution or a positive outcome, i could never hold anything back that i recieve, i feel i would be cheating myself not just Spirit or the person being read.

Remember that there can be Positives to come from Negatives, we just have to reassure the person that whatever it is that they face, Spirit are there to help guide them through.

Lee.
    Fear in readings? 577431
    Hi Lee, i agree with you, still some people do the opposite and bring fear to the readings and in this way they try to control the person they read to. also i came across readers that didn't know how to explain your ideas, that even if things looks negative, we can turn them into positive and use it in a constructive way. 
    kazandlee
    kazandlee

Male
    Number of posts : 150
    Job/hobbies : Paranormal, Manager
    Registration date : 2009-10-24

Fear in readings? Empty Readings

Post  kazandlee Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:09 am

shayn wrote:
    kazandlee wrote:I can say that in the 10 years i have been reading, i havent lef anyone with feelings of fear or worry, yeah sure readings arnt always seen with Rose tinted Glasses, but is important that if we do recieve something that is quite negative or you know that the person wouldnt want to hear, that we make sure we leave them with a resolution or a positive outcome, i could never hold anything back that i recieve, i feel i would be cheating myself not just Spirit or the person being read.

Lee.
    Fear in readings? 577431
    Hi Lee, i agree with you, still some people do the opposite and bring fear to the readings and in this way they try to control the person they read to. also i came across readers that didn't know how to explain your ideas, that even if things looks negative, we can turn them into positive and use it in a constructive way.

Mmm, yeah, control, i had a reading done for myself some years back, his reading was one of trying to change me as a person, " you must do this, you must do that", its important that we only pass on guidence and information that will help forsee and perhaps prevent, i often recieve warning for a person im reading, a way of preventing an outcome, or, at least being prepared for what is to come, its then upto that person to take away what they recieve, we cant make them act or be different people, its an interesting thing you say shayn, about Control, but i see no reason why we need to control anyone, fate will always have its way in the end.

Lee. Fear in readings? 577431
    Lynn
    Lynn

Female
    Number of posts : 1467
    Job/hobbies : Retired - Interests Metaphysics
    Registration date : 2010-01-26

Post  Lynn Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:28 pm

Hello
    Sadly for many that can read do it for pure profits and not for the special nature in the gift they be given. Fear is such a powerful motivator to have one seek more and more help.
    I just look to all the Paranormal shows on now everything be a Demon but is it truly but that mere fear the word evokes in us makes us want to watch it. Same be with fear in reading. If one is told something negative be around them then one would want it gone. Thus more money to be spent.

I have great "gifts" in me in what I can do and what I an communicate with but as I never understood it as a child and never had the outlet to talk openly on it I learned that I never asked this to be me so I did not want to seek profits from it. Not for a minute saying the Reader I use for me be wrong in her path to charge a lot of money for her work its her calling is all.

It comes down to being able to live with one's self in what one does some have no conscious there....see no harm or no wrong but we all know Karma comes full cirle.

Lynn
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:15 am

I've nothing against mediums/ healers earning a living either, it's those that charge really ridiculous amounts, and especially those who create fear and have people going back and forth to have negative energies etc removed all at great cost which give all others a bad name.

shayn
    shayn

Female

Post  shayn Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:09 am

well i a question to you all: do you think readers should be thought how to deliver a message? what words to use and what tone? is it possible that some readers just don't think about how they say what they are saying?
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:20 pm

I think you have a good point there shayn.

Lightseeker
    Lightseeker

Male
    Number of posts : 258
    Registration date : 2010-01-27

Post  Lightseeker Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:22 pm

Hi inner, It's the practice of a charlatan in my opinion. You have had a reading from me before. I do highlight issues that may have been or are affecting my sitter(All be it vaguely). i also provide advice there and then about how a challenge might be reconciled and indeed always provide something to look forward to no matter how small.
    The person that uses fear is I think promoting their own livelyhood so that the sitter will return again and again.
    All folks want in a reading is encouragement and upliftment, They come to you in times of uncertainty.
    I have said it before, If The Tower card shows up in a reading you can go at it two ways.
    A) Your Life is falling to pieces
    B) A major re structuring is about to take place in your life when Old outdated patterns will be swept away setting the stage for a fresh start full of possibilties.

I know which one I use.

Best Wishes Neville
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:39 pm

I agree after a reading you should feel uplifted, I like the Tower card Fear in readings? 821538

shayn
    shayn

Female

Post  shayn Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:13 am

Neville wrote about the tower in the tarot card. the reader can use either:A) Your Life is falling to pieces
    B) A major re structuring is about to take place in your life when Old outdated patterns will be swept away 

as i said before it is the how you say what need to be said that makes all the difference 
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Sun May 23, 2010 11:01 pm

Some turn doing a reading into a circus, i've seen it happen, this alone can be quite intimidating particularly for someone being read for for the first time.

NightSpirit
    NightSpirit

Female
    Number of posts : 228
    Registration date : 2010-05-08

Post  NightSpirit Mon May 24, 2010 1:18 pm

Well I don't want to be a party-pooper, but I'll say it how it is......
    There are good readers and bad readers!!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:30 pm