Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Mediumship

Lynn
    Lynn

Female
    Number of posts : 1467
    Job/hobbies : Retired - Interests Metaphysics
    Registration date : 2010-01-26

Mediumship Empty Mediumship

Post  Lynn Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:45 am

Mediumship

Mediumship is the term used to describe someone who claim to have the ability to communicate with the Dead or Spirit World. This is not yet been scientifically proven of disproved . From the scientific point of view a medium is simply doing a cold reading. Getting information from what is said. In face to face readings using facial and body reactions.
    Testing the information given though rules a lot of this out.

Modern Mediumship

Physical Mediumship :

Is the act of picking up energies from the other side. This can be done by voice communications where one talks directly to the Spirit. Or visually were one can see the Spirit and describe who is being seen.

Mental Mediumship:

This is via thought or telepathy via the Medium. Nothing is seen or heard in the physical but in the brain only of the Medium. This is also know as trance Mediumship where the Medium can be either fully aware of the process or in full trance.

Physical Mediumship:

This encompasses levitation, Automatic Writing, and visual sight of Spirit energy. Letting a Spirit for a time enter your body to speak.
    How we make or know of contact.
    First off working well protected and grounded.
    Burning of candles gives a Spirit that Light connection.
    Spirits often move things, can be something simple like a picture being off center on a wall or turned face down.
    Make sounds such as footsteps, or bang something.
    Odors that go to the person passed. IE Smoke, perfume, cologne.
    Even medicines or home surroundings odors. Cooking smells from special event days.
    At times emotion in you come into play. You feel something come over you. Something that brings in a memory of one passed. You smile for no real reason and feel a sense of peace.
    Music that you hear that takes you to the memory of someone passed. Some phase that is seen on a billboard sign that takes you to someone.
    Pictures where the is a ORB or other strange image in it. Many images will when enlarged have a face in them.
    Spirit contact to you. That cold shiver you get. Watch for Goosebumps that are only on one side of the body.
    Feathers that come from no where. Some refer to them as Angle Wings.
    Pennies found in odd places note the date.
    Books left open to a page or when toppled from a table they are on take note of what is on the page.
    Lights going on and off, TV volume changing, doors or windows rattling with no wind. Indoor wind chimes moving. Whisper sounds. Seeing things in the corner of your eye. Phone rings and no one is there. Note the number might not exist. Messages left on a machine that the number does not exist or was the number for someone passed.
    Dream contacts where a message is left.

Lightseeker
    Lightseeker

Male
    Number of posts : 258
    Registration date : 2010-01-27

Mediumship Empty Re: Mediumship

Post  Lightseeker Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:31 pm

Thank You for another informative Post Lynn Mediumship 28115
    skye

Female
    Number of posts : 1256
    Registration date : 2009-09-06

Post  skye Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:25 pm

Hi Lynn,
    I hope you don't mind me adding my tupennyworth to some of your comments? I mean no offence, it's just that there is some minor discrepancies of facts, which i'm sure you wouldn't object to letting other people become aware of. For instance: clairvoyance can be subjective - a medium is able to describe a vision that is occurring within their mind. Or, objective, where a medium sees spirit with their physical eyes. 

Clairaudient mediums can hear subjectively i.e. they hear words or sounds within their head. Or, they can have objective clairaudience; whereby any sound being received by the medium will vibrate on their eardrums.

Also spirit have no need to enter the physical body of a person. In physical mediumship ectoplasm comes from the mediums body and the spirit operator uses this to so they can materialise. Some materialised spirits walk around a room whilst the medium remains seated.

We are spirit beings of light living a physical life. The burning of candles will not attract spirit. So save your money, unless you enjoy burning them of course, which is a different thing altogether.

Mediumship may not have been scientifically proven but, within the realms of Spiritualism, it is a science based upon the knowledge that our conciousness survives physical death.

There are parts of your post that appear to have nothing to do with mediumship. Although there may be occasions when spirit are responsible for some events that happen, i.e. moving objects, in the majority of cases it can be related more to paranormal activities such as pschokinesis or telekinesis, which could be a likely explanation for objects moving.
    I hope this additional info helps clarify some points for yourself and others. Mediumship 21581
    PPrncpl7

Male
    Number of posts : 418
    Job/hobbies : Retired teacher of Mathematics
    Registration date : 2010-01-27

Post  PPrncpl7 Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:53 pm

Hi Lynn
    Mediumship is the term used to describe someone who claim to have the ability to communicate with the Dead or Spirit World.
    NOT altogether accurate - I am a healer and it is a form of 'mediumship'!
    Whilst healing I do not communicate with dead people or the spirit world, but they are sometimes around! Whilst healing I 'TAP' into the divine 'source' and become a channel for the healing energies.
    Must also point out that 'the dead' go to 'the spirit world' and some 'mediums' do communicate with them.
    Sorry to be so 'pedantic' but that is me--we must be precise or there are those who will 'knock' us down!
    Peter
    Lynn
    Lynn

Female

Post  Lynn Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:25 am

skye wrote:Hi Lynn,
    I hope you don't mind me adding my tupennyworth to some of your comments? I mean no offence, it's just that there is some minor discrepancies of facts, which i'm sure you wouldn't object to letting other people become aware of. For instance: clairvoyance can be subjective - a medium is able to describe a vision that is occurring within their mind. Or, objective, where a medium sees spirit with their physical eyes. 

Clairaudient mediums can hear subjectively i.e. they hear words or sounds within their head. Or, they can have objective clairaudience; whereby any sound being received by the medium will vibrate on their eardrums.

Also spirit have no need to enter the physical body of a person. In physical mediumship ectoplasm comes from the mediums body and the spirit operator uses this to so they can materialise. Some materialised spirits walk around a room whilst the medium remains seated.

We are spirit beings of light living a physical life. The burning of candles will not attract spirit. So save your money, unless you enjoy burning them of course, which is a different thing altogether.

Mediumship may not have been scientifically proven but, within the realms of Spiritualism, it is a science based upon the knowledge that our conciousness survives physical death.

There are parts of your post that appear to have nothing to do with mediumship. Although there may be occasions when spirit are responsible for some events that happen, i.e. moving objects, in the majority of cases it can be related more to paranormal activities such as pschokinesis or telekinesis, which could be a likely explanation for objects moving.
    I hope this additional info helps clarify some points for yourself and others. Mediumship 21581

Hello
    I have no issues no of couse not. We all be free to read in what we feel fits to us and make that ours in statement on how we embrace things. Not all books tell the samething nor should they. To this point there be no " manual " for a Medium or to what one see's or defines one as. Its all a part of the Soul that comes forth with each of us .

We see things a bit differently and that be fine we read maybe too in different texts is all and different things fit to us. I embrace what one has said.

Lynn
    Lynn
    Lynn

Female

Post  Lynn Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:33 am

PPrncpl7 wrote:Hi Lynn
    Mediumship is the term used to describe someone who claim to have the ability to communicate with the Dead or Spirit World.
    NOT altogether accurate - I am a healer and it is a form of 'mediumship'!
    Whilst healing I do not communicate with dead people or the spirit world, but they are sometimes around! Whilst healing I 'TAP' into the divine 'source' and become a channel for the healing energies.
    Must also point out that 'the dead' go to 'the spirit world' and some 'mediums' do communicate with them.
    Sorry to be so 'pedantic' but that is me--we must be precise or there are those who will 'knock' us down!
    Peter

Hello Peter

I so agree with what one has said. A healer often has helping hands come forth to aid one in the healings. I have seen healers work on one's and whom is standing with them while they might well not be open to embrace there are one's there. Often the hand of the healer is guided to where the issue be. I know that happened with me. She knew not a thing about me but went right to two issues in me not seen with the eye. Told me what she say in me before the Dr found it . Too told me neither were an issue that needed the attentions of the knife so not to let the Dr go there. For the Dr to tell me the same. I say a Spirit with her beside her aiding her path to seeing what was there.

I so know there be many a layer to what one calls a Medium so it be a title while one's say tell others easily whom I be in this life it be one I do so not like on me. Too really I like best Lynn is just that Lynn no more no less. I be me with abilites we all have with us just that not all have either come forth with them wired on in us or we like me mate choose not to open to them.

Me mate says a house with me and three kids very open to it all is quite enough he not need to open to his.

Lynn
    skye

Female
    Number of posts : 1256
    Registration date : 2009-09-06

Post  skye Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:16 pm

Lynn wrote:
    skye wrote:Hi Lynn,

Hello
    I have no issues no of couse not. We all be free to read in what we feel fits to us and make that ours in statement on how we embrace things. Not all books tell the samething nor should they. To this point there be no " manual " for a Medium or to what one see's or defines one as. Its all a part of the Soul that comes forth with each of us .

We see things a bit differently and that be fine we read maybe too in different texts is all and different things fit to us. I embrace what one has said.

Lynn

Hi Lynn,

I know there is no manual for mediumship, but reading books that often give people misleading and worthless information will never help them to either learn or understand what is fact or fiction. Most authors simply have no idea of how the spirit world works and write what they assume is or happens, resulting in many unwarranted myths and misconceptions being spread to those who may have a desire to develop and unfold their mediumship be it physical or mental.

I'm sure we all see things differently in some respects on the material level as we are individuals, however, the mechanical aspects of mediumship remain the same. Incorrect teaching or training will impede one's progress, affecting not only ourselves as in physical mediumship, or, how mental mediums receive messages from spirit whereby any relayed messages will be bitty and weak.

Understandably we are each responsible for our own actions and we should always do some research before embarking on a certain pathway. Therefore, selective reading and teaching becomes essential to ensure we know what is expected of us, as well as what to expect from those living in the spirit world whom willingly come to teach us all if we are prepared to listen.

I do understand people can have different opinions and beliefs that they are happy with, mediumship is neither a belief nor an opinion, it is a precise fact.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:17 pm