Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Do you use just one deck

Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Do you use just one deck Empty Do you use just one deck

Post  Violet Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:06 am

..for all your readings?

I find that I use different packs for different people as some want a material reading and others want a more spiritually based one.

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    shayn
    shayn

Female
    Number of posts : 4035
    Job/hobbies : tarot reader
    Registration date : 2009-02-18

Do you use just one deck Empty Re: Do you use just one deck

Post  shayn Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:26 am

lately i found myself using different decks for different readings and people.never been like this before but now it feels more right.
    S
    Lightseeker
    Lightseeker

Male
    Number of posts : 258
    Registration date : 2010-01-27

Post  Lightseeker Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:29 pm

Hello Violet,
    I used to employ a method called double deck reading Two Decks of the same size 156 cards. 2 Cards for each position in the spread used.

This made for quiet an indepth reading as you can imagine. On the very rare occasion that two of the same card fell on a given space I took this mean the influence was intensified.

Back to your initial question, Yes, I often rest my Decks so that I can deal with a fresher deck each reading.

With love Lightseeker
    Kaere

Female
    Number of posts : 2719
    Registration date : 2009-05-19

Post  Kaere Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:13 pm

I have one deck that works better for emotional readings (love etc) and one that works better for practical or general enquiries.

Not that I can get an answer to a specific question yet Do you use just one deck 671114
    shayn
    shayn

Female
    Number of posts : 4035
    Job/hobbies : tarot reader
    Registration date : 2009-02-18

Post  shayn Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:31 pm

Kaere wrote:I have one deck that works better for emotional readings (love etc) and one that works better for practical or general enquiries.

Not that I can get an answer to a specific question yet Do you use just one deck 671114

Kaere take a look at your answers, maybe you do get an answer...what i mean is very often a specific question is only a fragment of reality and life and the answers you get see the bigger picture, and sometimes the answer or the way to solve, understand or get insights into a specific topic is bigger then the topic itself and affected  life in general. oh well , i hope this came out clear, and maybe you can see what i try to say here.

S
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Post  Violet Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:34 am

Lightseeker wrote:Hello Violet,
    I used to employ a method called double deck reading Two Decks of the same size 156 cards. 2 Cards for each position in the spread used.

This made for quiet an indepth reading as you can imagine. On the very rare occasion that two of the same card fell on a given space I took this mean the influence was intensified.

Back to your initial question, Yes, I often rest my Decks so that I can deal with a fresher deck each reading.

With love Lightseeker

That would make a very interesting reading, especially if combining spiritual cards with more basic materially inclined ones.

What I do a lot is playing cards and tarot but seperately, not together but I read the two decks one after the other its amazing how one will confirm what I saw in the others . An interesting thread btw :flo:

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    skye

Female
    Number of posts : 1256
    Registration date : 2009-09-06

Post  skye Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:42 pm

I have bought several decks over the years although I tend to stick to one deck for all types of readings. I find it's how a question is asked that makes a reading flow better so as to offer an improved and positive outcome.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 6:19 am