Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Inner Strength

Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Inner Strength Empty Inner Strength

Post  Violet Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:36 pm

AS apposed to the other topic about physical endurance I wondered what your thoughts were on inner strength, when you think about what people suffered through in wars, are still suffering in some cases, how do they continue to keep going in such terrible circumstsances.

People who have severely disabled family members to care for, firefighters who must see some horrifuc sights I could list hundreds of examples, how do they keep going day in day out and yet you have some people having a breakdown because they broke a nail or can't pay their gas bill or something trivial like that.

To the broken nail/gas bill people perhaps it is important to them and the end of the world, but it makes you wonder how some would cope with serious tragedy such as in wars when whole families could be wiped out in one go, do you think we are all soft these days?

I'm sure prozac and the like wasn't around back (WW2 for example)then and yet people found the strength and determination to keep going and even keep cheerful.

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    Akyana
    Akyana

Number of posts : 355
    Registration date : 2010-04-22

Inner Strength Empty Re: Inner Strength

Post  Akyana Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:17 pm

Interesting topic.

One my teacher once told me we have also inner muscles.
    Outer muscles are within our body
    and inner muscles are within our mind.

The more we use muscles, the stronger we are,
    no matter if they are outer..or inner.
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Post  Violet Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:44 pm

That's an interesting perspective, i'll be mulling that one over for a while.

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    skye

Female
    Number of posts : 1256
    Registration date : 2009-09-06

Post  skye Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:28 pm

I believe it's down to one's perspective as well as accepting the situation and knowing nothing they do can change things in the way they may like. They all provide a service out of love and this alone can create a feeling of upliftment, as well as being needed and knowing that what they are doing is actually making a difference to the people concerned, despite the conditions they face on a daily basis.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 5:38 pm