Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
NightSpirit
skye
Lynn
Kaere
Violet
9 posters

Losing Confidence

Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Losing Confidence Empty Losing Confidence

Post  Violet Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:17 am

I think i've lost mine, any ideas on getting it back or is it just a case of persevering, I don't think it is good to be over confident but to have next to none left is worse imo, and I feel it's holding me back.

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    Kaere

Female
    Number of posts : 2719
    Registration date : 2009-05-19

Losing Confidence Empty Re: Losing Confidence

Post  Kaere Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:13 am

I think practice is the key...and remembering that it's not about the reader, but the sitter. Sometimes they're just not meant to get a message through us. But practicing and persevering both help...and remembering the times you get it right Losing Confidence 348985 my confidence goes up and down like crazy...

Maybe a practice partner is an idea for you?
    Lynn
    Lynn

Female
    Number of posts : 1467
    Job/hobbies : Retired - Interests Metaphysics
    Registration date : 2010-01-26

Post  Lynn Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:07 am

Hello

Nothing be lost know that. Like learning to ride on a bike once there one never forgets how to pedle. This might well be just one's Guide's saying that one needs a rest. Time out. I get that too at times we all do. The more one fights it the longer the flow will be blocked as ye are stressing.

Take a breath and surrender it to the Universe and see where that goes.

Lynn
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:05 pm

Hi Kaere and Lynn thank you both for that, Kaere that's certainly an idea, a practice partner, I know how you feel about it going up and down too, like a rollercoaster sometimes. Lynn I think you could be right about the rest thing some stuff has come up lately, thanks to you both for your advice Losing Confidence 21581

Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:14 am

My confidence isn't much better, but I just relaxed last week and allowed to come through what would, (amongst friends in the know btw,) and got some really good evidence through. Perhaps it's because I wasn't at home and stressed, I think I need a declutter and a cleanse..............

skye

Female
    Number of posts : 1256
    Registration date : 2009-09-06

Post  skye Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:27 am

Too much practice can have an affect on confidence, resulting in your mind thinking more about the lack of confidence than focusing on spirit. Thereby ensuring that you attract more lack of confidence to you whereby comunication is difficult if not impossible. Sometimes it best to restrict or limit your time so as not to become disheartened. Short breaks can improve your mediumship and it's delivery.
    NightSpirit
    NightSpirit

Female
    Number of posts : 228
    Registration date : 2010-05-08

Post  NightSpirit Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:28 am

Did you see me when I passed? Did you feel the brush of my wings as I fluttered by you? Did you forget to dance with me?
    You cannot gaze upon your True reflection, for like the butterfly, you would be mesmorized by its beauty and you would fall down. In Truth, you are this angel...this butterfly....the mirror of you reflects in all that you are and not what others or ourselves choose to see. We are all angelic vibration and yours is not lost...its away dancing with the butterfly to remind it of its beauty. Losing Confidence 371183
    AngelTony
    AngelTony

Male
    Number of posts : 1227
    Registration date : 2010-04-08

Post  AngelTony Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:39 am

NightSpirit wrote:Did you see me when I passed? Did you feel the brush of my wings as I fluttered by you? Did you forget to dance with me?
    You cannot gaze upon your True reflection, for like the butterfly, you would be mesmorized by its beauty and you would fall down. In Truth, you are this angel...this butterfly....the mirror of you reflects in all that you are and not what others or ourselves choose to see. We are all angelic vibration and yours is not lost...its away dancing with the butterfly to remind it of its beauty. Losing Confidence 371183
    Losing Confidence 15910 Losing Confidence 621623 Losing Confidence 15910
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:56 pm

skye wrote:Too much practice can have an affect on confidence, resulting in your mind thinking more about the lack of confidence than focusing on spirit. Thereby ensuring that you attract more lack of confidence to you whereby comunication is difficult if not impossible. Sometimes it best to restrict or limit your time so as not to become disheartened. Short breaks can improve your mediumship and it's delivery.

Hi Skye, that's just it, i've hardly done anything at all this past few months.

Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:00 pm

NightSpirit wrote:Did you see me when I passed? Did you feel the brush of my wings as I fluttered by you? Did you forget to dance with me?

That's beautiful NightSpirit, there is also a message in there, thank you Losing Confidence 21581

angelhealer
    angelhealer

Female
    Number of posts : 70
    Job/hobbies : spiritual healer and teacher
    Registration date : 2010-04-10

Post  angelhealer Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:16 pm

I think it's a passage that a few people are going through. I am one who has had the same thing. I felt everything I did was for nothing and things. I feel a little more confident but still very on edge with things to come.
    I don't know what to suggest when you lose confidence it feels like something has been taken away from you, like snatched out of your hands. It's a similar feeling to being depressed. It's a thing where you just got to wide it through. I think a good idea is to get a close friend to tell you ten or five things that you have achieved and see the positive things rather than the things that we lack confidence in..
    Take for example..
    you have done a brilliant job on the forum. It's hard work I know but you know to make it this successful you certainly got a knack for it. So well done.
    To gain confidence in this forum, it takes a lot of patience which you have, alot of hard work, time and effort. The way you talk to others on the board, you come across really endearing, giving, passionate, truthful and very fair.
    So Violet I hope you can come away thinking that you are confident in something and that is this board. Losing Confidence 15910 Losing Confidence 408815 that's you.
    angelhealer
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:44 pm

Losing Confidence 160943 Thank you for that. Losing Confidence 21581
    I think it's a passage that a few people are going through. I am one who has had the same thing. I felt everything I did was for nothing and things. I feel a little more confident but still very on edge with things to come.
    I don't know what to suggest when you lose confidence it feels like something has been taken away from you, like snatched out of your hands. It's a similar feeling to being depressed. It's a thing where you just got to wide it through.

Yeah there are lots going through this and you're right it can feel a bit like depression and like a part of you has been torn away, I suppose it's a feeling of 'loss' in a way as well as a feeling of 'lost'if that makes sense. Losing Confidence 821538

listening

Male
    Number of posts : 18
    Registration date : 2017-08-06

Post  listening Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:45 pm

to  have  built a  site  like this is a  massive  achievement  i  see it  as a place  where  a  community  can    gather
    where  one   can  learn  and  hopefully  help  others
    when   we  help  others  we  are   doing a  amazing thing
    and  to  do  this where  other  mediums visit  is  helping the  spirit world through  spreading a   message
    maybee  your  part attention  here  is  very  needed ,like  a phase   in  life
    and your  confidence  will  return ,we  can  only  do  so   much   cant  we
    believe in  yourself ,i  truly  feel  many  believe in  you!
    mac

Male
    Number of posts : 4147
    Job/hobbies : retired
    Registration date : 2010-04-23

Post  mac Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:27 am

listening wrote:to  have  built a  site  like this is a  massive  achievement  i  see it  as a place  where  a  community  can    gather
    where  one   can  learn  and  hopefully  help  others
    when   we  help  others  we  are   doing a  amazing thing
    and  to  do  this where  other  mediums visit  is  helping the  spirit world through  spreading a   message
    maybee  your  part attention  here  is  very  needed ,like  a phase   in  life
    and your  confidence  will  return ,we  can  only  do  so   much   cant  we
    believe in  yourself ,i  truly  feel  many  believe in  you!
    You may, of course, respond to any posting you wish but I hope you'll take it the right way when I point out that this particular thread was last active 7 years ago, its contributors little heard from nowadays.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:03 pm