Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+8
Selket
AngelTony
skye
mia
Mal5252
Akyana
innerlight
Violet
12 posters

Criminals

Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Criminals Empty Criminals

Post  Violet Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:52 am

Serious criminals i'm talking about here do you think it does any good locking them up, can they turn their lives around, or should we throw away the key and even kill them (death penalty.)
    Isn't someone who kills people with the death penalty just as much a murderer as the murderers he is killing?

For some reason a book I read sometime ago has come to mind tonight it was about one of the british hangmen that's what's prompted the thread.

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    innerlight
    innerlight
    Elite

Male
    Number of posts : 3817
    Registration date : 2009-02-20

Criminals Empty Re: Criminals

Post  innerlight Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:15 am

It is a paradox is it not? Killing to stop killing?

In an earthly sense.. I don't think it solves anything. You would be just as bad as them if you stooped down to killing them. From a spiritual sense I don't know how I sit on this. I would fathom killing would be killing no matter how you look at it.
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Sun Apr 18, 2010 12:37 am

I don't think it would solve anything either, and killing is killing whichever side of the law you're on but that said, a great many of us agree with euthanasia and that is killing too, things aren't that black and white really are they?

innerlight
    innerlight
    Elite

Male

Post  innerlight Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:01 am

Euthanasia could be a gray area.. One can see it as ending someones suffering, another could see it is interfering with divine plans, and ones life lesson. The only way to end criminal behaviour is to end the fight of good vs evil, and the fight within a person.
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Sun Apr 25, 2010 12:11 am

The only way to end criminal behaviour is to end the fight of good vs evil, and the fight within a person.

Hmm.......... I think differently, if proper discipline was re introduced that would sort it out sharpish or at least a good portion of it but i'm going off at a tangent...again Criminals 160943

Akyana
    Akyana

Number of posts : 355
    Registration date : 2010-04-22

Post  Akyana Sun Apr 25, 2010 1:35 am

Violet wrote:Serious criminals i'm talking about here do you think it does any good locking them up, can they turn their lives around, or should we throw away the key and even kill them (death penalty.)
    Isn't someone who kills people with the death penalty just as much a murderer as the murderers he is killing?

For some reason a book I read sometime ago has come to mind tonight it was about one of the british hangmen that's what's prompted the thread.

All evil people suck.
    But think about this..many people commit suicide,
    now, often they do it because of other people that others see as good.
    And they will never be punished.
    So many people are tormented for decades by humans that will never be punished as others do not see the behaviour as evil or it
    simply isnt under law.

We are blind and as such we cant see properly whats happening ,
    and so we are not spiritually mature to judge who is who
    though if someone would hurt someone I love,
    I would be very angry.
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Sun Apr 25, 2010 1:52 am

So many people are tormented for decades by humans that will never be punished as others do not see the behaviour as evil or it
    simply isnt under law.
    This is so true Akyana.

Mal5252
    Mal5252

Male
    Number of posts : 258
    Job/hobbies : writing
    Registration date : 2010-04-18

Criminals Empty Taking a life for a life.

Post  Mal5252 Sun Apr 25, 2010 4:35 am

Hi Violet Criminals 21581 ,
    firstly I don't believe in capital punishment, it's not right to take a life for a life. As for locking criminals up in prison, it doesn't make them better people, in most cases it makes them worse. But what other choice is there?
    Mal
    innerlight
    innerlight
    Elite

Male

Post  innerlight Sun Apr 25, 2010 4:48 am

Violet wrote:
    Hmm.......... I think differently, if proper discipline was re introduced that would sort it out sharpish or at least a good portion of it but i'm going off at a tangent...again Criminals 160943

Stronger discipline action does in some areas curb crime. As they would rather not go to prison and feel their justice. In some socities, the corrupt and injust prey on judicial systems that are corrupt and allow one to get away with it..
    But to one that is completely twisted it does not matter what type of discipline is around they will still commit acts of any kind. Those individuals are fighting within themselves. Which is why they are lashing out.
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:09 pm

Hi Innerlight I don't mean discipline after the event, I mean the discipline that begins in the home at a very young age such as telling a child no and meaning it instead of caving in and giving them everything they want, giving them routine instead of (as in some cases) dunmping them in front of a tv or computer all day every day, or worse letting them roam the streets at all hours. Parents are afraid of their own children these days, scared to say no etc in case they kick off.

Discipline begins at home with parents who mean what they say and give love, encouragement routine, guidance and consistency, if this was done we would have very few brats in the world which then grow to be adult brats.

innerlight
    innerlight
    Elite

Male

Post  innerlight Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:14 pm

Violet wrote:Hi Innerlight I don't mean discipline after the event, I mean the discipline that begins in the home at a very young age such as telling a child no and meaning it instead of caving in and giving them everything they want, giving them routine instead of (as in some cases) dunmping them in front of a tv or computer all day every day, or worse letting them roam the streets at all hours. Parents are afraid of their own children these days, scared to say no etc in case they kick off.

Discipline begins at home with parents who mean what they say and give love, encouragement routine, guidance and consistency, if this was done we would have very few brats in the world which then grow to be adult brats.

I do agree with what you mean, as I've seen it in children where one disciplines the child in some way, and the other just yells at them. You can tell which one they listen to just by that description.... But I have also seen them not listen to other adults because they are not their parents. So in some ways, yes, discipline does help. And it would certainly curb childrens actions that they have today. Children are smarter then we give them credit for. If you give them to much freedom they will take that as far as they can, because they know how far they can take it.

Yes, you are right that no needs to mean no. If you cave in then they will know what your limits are, and how to make you cave.
    mia
    mia

Female
    Number of posts : 1741
    Job/hobbies : Carer Support Worker
    Registration date : 2009-07-27

Post  mia Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:38 pm

In my ideal world, criminals would be locked up, but whilst 'inside' would be given healing, shown love and gently taught to love others.
    When they have completed their 'healing' they would be freed and become useful members of the human race.
    skye

Female
    Number of posts : 1256
    Registration date : 2009-09-06

Post  skye Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:25 pm

Akyana wrote:
    Violet wrote:Serious criminals i'm talking about here do you think it does any good locking them up, can they turn their lives around, or should we throw away the key and even kill them (death penalty.)

All evil people suck.
    simply isnt under law.

Whether we class people as being evil or not we are each a part of and connected with the same divine source. This source loves all unconditionally, but this doesn't mean we are free from responsibility of our own actions.
    The things we say and do in our lives today helps prepare us for our eventual place in the spirit world, where we will condemn ourselves. No one person gets away with any wrongs they have done.

We are blind and as such we cant see properly whats happening ,
    and so we are not spiritually mature to judge who is who
    though if someone would hurt someone I love,
    I would be very angry.

This reminds me of Jesus saying " Father, forgive them for they know not what they do."
    I wonder if people were to learn or at most come to some understanding that their actions not only hurt their victims but also themselves then perhaps we would see significant changes in our world.
    Mal5252
    Mal5252

Male

Post  Mal5252 Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:11 am

mia wrote:In my ideal world, criminals would be locked up, but whilst 'inside' would be given healing, shown love and gently taught to love others.
    When they have completed their 'healing' they would be freed and become useful members of the human race.
    Hi mia Criminals 21581 ,
    yes in an 'ideal world' this may be a solution for some but unfortunately the Correctional Facilities don't work that way.
    Mal
    Akyana
    Akyana

Post  Akyana Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:42 am

skye wrote:
    This reminds me of Jesus saying " Father, forgive them for they know not what they do."
    Jesus was super cool, loving, compassionate and courageous, eh?
    Criminals 21581
    Criminals 101500
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Fri May 14, 2010 12:30 am

I wonder if people were to learn or at most come to some understanding that their actions not only hurt their victims but also themselves then perhaps we would see significant changes in our world.

Far too often the criminal is treated as the victim, 'oh he's had a rough childhood...'etc etc

Mal5252
    Mal5252

Male

Post  Mal5252 Fri May 14, 2010 1:44 am

Violet wrote:

Far too often the criminal is treated as the victim, 'oh he's had a rough childhood...'etc etc
    Hi Violet Criminals 21581 ,
    I sympathise with people who had a "rough childhood", I know what it's like. But as the old saying goes - 'If you can't do the time don't do the crime'. Sadly many criminals were victims, it's a vicious cycle.

Mal Criminals 965136
    Akyana
    Akyana

Post  Akyana Fri May 14, 2010 1:14 pm

Violet wrote:

Actually, we have to thank criminals and smilar people to carry the karma for us.
    Humanity has a Shadow and it needs to get expressed.
    (I took this from psychology texts)
    SOMEONE has to take the shadow on.
    Otherwise, it would poison the whole humanity.
    Take Germany....they are SO proper,
    they supressed the shadow right deep down in the past.
    RESULT? Two world wars.

Criminals give us feeling we are actually good.
    They give us themes for most films, news, ect.
    And we want more of it!

They are important,
    very important.
    They are sacrificed for the peace of the world.

One day humanity is mature and Shadow integrated,
    and criminals will naturally disappear,
    but now we do indeed need them.

Lets be glad that those sacrificial sheep that mostly suffer (even for us) whole life, first at home, later in prison
    are not us! Criminals 554247

I purposefully went into the extreme,
    yes, they do hurt others...
    I know.
    But without them there would be Third world war or end of da world,
    with them we can fight- them, lol.

Lets be objective and see all sides...as compassion and silent gratitude (as well) is in place,truly.

Really.
    skye

Female

Post  skye Fri May 14, 2010 8:11 pm

Violet wrote:

I would say the majority of us had a childhood that wasn't ideal in some aspects and as you say it's much easier to place blame on our past or blame others, than it is to accept that we are each responsible for our own actions. Perhaps education could bring about changes. I feel the buck for blaming others has to end sometime and educating people can make them become aware of the risks involved. Unfortunately some people live for today and either don't think about what the future will hold or they don't take it seriously because maybe they think 'judging' themselves is never going to happen so we remain in a vicious cycle.

Understandably criminals may have indeed been victims of abuse, raised in a household that is or was dyfunctional, therefore for some their behaviour is considered normal to them. Under these circumstances, - as it is with law abiding people - it's of my understanding that when they die all actions carried out during their life time have to be accounted for, although all areas of our lives will be given consideration as to why we acted in a particular way.
    Mal5252
    Mal5252

Male

Post  Mal5252 Sun May 16, 2010 12:19 am

Hello Skye and all Criminals 173994 Criminals 965136 ,
    I know that the 'blame game' is a delicate issue. In many cases it's the Karma principle of 'what goes around comes around', that when people do wrong it will always come back to haunt them in one way or another. However, there are extreme cases like one I remember years ago where a woman, who had been repeatedly raped by her father since she was little, murdered her father and a few other men. She had developed a serious hatred for men. And could anybody blame her? Eventually she was arrested and found guilty of serial murders and sentenced to life in prison. Where does the justice system draw the line? Or is there no line? Criminals 588401

Mal Criminals 354831

Last edited by Mal5252 on Sun May 16, 2010 12:34 am; edited 1 time in total
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Sun May 16, 2010 12:25 am

Hi Mal, that is an exceptional case, and with the right support perhaps she could have been helped.

AngelTony
    AngelTony

Male
    Number of posts : 1227
    Registration date : 2010-04-08

Post  AngelTony Sun May 16, 2010 1:07 am

Violet wrote:Discipline begins at home with parents who mean what they say and give love, encouragement routine, guidance and consistency, if this was done we would have very few brats in the world which then grow to be adult brats.

I cannot add to this at all, this is the only solution IMHO as well Violet.

(Jesus was superman)
    skye

Female

Post  skye Sun May 16, 2010 2:56 pm

Mal5252 wrote:Hello Skye and all Criminals 173994 Criminals 965136 ,
    I know that the 'blame game' is a delicate issue. In many cases it's the Karma principle of 'what goes around comes around', that when people do wrong it will always come back to haunt them in one way or another. However, there are extreme cases like one I remember years ago where a woman, who had been repeatedly raped by her father since she was little, murdered her father and a few other men. She had developed a serious hatred for men. And could anybody blame her? Eventually she was arrested and found guilty of serial murders and sentenced to life in prison. Where does the justice system draw the line? Or is there no line? Criminals 588401

Mal Criminals 354831
    Hi Mal,
    Karma is much the same as The Law of Cause and Effect, or, sow as you reap. It's my understanding that anything we do to another doesn't mean we will encounter the same or similar type of behaviour as what we dealt out to others, but we come to realise that any wrong action we inflict onto another is accountable by nobody but ourselves.

This may result in us delaying our spiritual evolvement or progression until we are satisfied the 'debt' has been paid. This I would say applies to the physical world as the spiritual one. Which means that any 'death bed repentances' are of no value because we have to face ourselves and deal out what we consider the appropriate punishment. No one person can escape Divine Justice.This imo enables me to accept and understand that a person can do wrong, it's their freewill but, I know they will one day regret their actions and a change will eventally come from within them.

Regarding the case you mention above, understanding of her circumstances will be considered in the spirit realms far more than they are here in the physical world. When her times comes to die, I understand she will be compensated for the wrongs inflicted upon her. Unfortunately not one of us can truthfully say we understand why things happen to people here, as we never have the whole picture of the purpose or experience necessary for the evolvement of a soul.

I don't believe any soul comes to earth with the intention of hurting any one person or life form. The man too may have undergone trauma of some description that caused a change within him. It's the events that unfold in our lives that changes people. I suppose everyone of us, is a potential criminal and the saying ' There but for the grace of God go I' is applicable to many.
    AngelTony
    AngelTony

Male
    Number of posts : 1227
    Registration date : 2010-04-08

Post  AngelTony Sun May 16, 2010 3:22 pm

"I don't believe any soul comes to earth with the intention of hurting any one person or life form. The man too may have undergone trauma of some description that caused a change within him. It's the events that unfold in our lives that changes people. I suppose everyone of us, is a potential criminal and the saying ' There but for the grace of God go I' is applicable to many"

I can live by this description Skye, so well done! Criminals 46693
    Selket
    Selket

Number of posts : 26
    Registration date : 2010-05-02

Post  Selket Sun May 16, 2010 3:31 pm

Criminals. Well we are talking about the actual criminals.

Personally i have no love for heavy criminals like Rapist`s, murderers, Robbers, heavy Drug dealers (everything connected with Opiates is imho very bad) and Human trafficers/Pimps

the world would be far better off if society just gets rid of them. So they stop harming people and other people will not get "inspired" by their actions and fall into the same line. But no, today we start to make therapy, give grouphugs and treat the Criminal better then the Victim. This is wrong, from personal experience i know that those heavy criminals laugh about all this. They do their part, go to the sessions cry a few Crocodile Tears and then laugh about the Ridiculousness of the Modern Justice system.

The Fact is that most people donot get better from prison, they actually get worse or if they got lifelong make other inmates like them. Its a shame, and i dont care about a rough childhood. I had one too, but i dont go around and shoot a store clerk in the Head for $15 in the register.

People like to blame other things but themselfs if they are in trouble.

So what todo with the worst of the worst?

I guess the death penalty is far too human for many....

And the only way to prevent bad people doing bad things on a large scale is through Fear. Having the Parents behave better, the schools and teachers to be better and the media to be better is impossible. This people cannot change. There will always be Bad Apples. So we got to pursuade those to behave, and unfortunatly they donot speak the language of reason and love. the only thing they understand is Cruelty and Fear.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 4:19 pm