Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+8
Selket
AngelTony
skye
mia
Mal5252
Akyana
innerlight
Violet
12 posters

Criminals

Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Criminals - Page 2 Empty Criminals

Post  Violet Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:52 am

First topic message reminder :

Serious criminals i'm talking about here do you think it does any good locking them up, can they turn their lives around, or should we throw away the key and even kill them (death penalty.)
    Isn't someone who kills people with the death penalty just as much a murderer as the murderers he is killing?

For some reason a book I read sometime ago has come to mind tonight it was about one of the british hangmen that's what's prompted the thread.

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    NightSpirit
    NightSpirit

Female
    Number of posts : 228
    Registration date : 2010-05-08

Criminals - Page 2 Empty Re: Criminals

Post  NightSpirit Sun May 16, 2010 3:35 pm

Mal5252 wrote:Hello Skye and all Criminals - Page 2 173994 Criminals - Page 2 965136 ,
    I know that the 'blame game' is a delicate issue. In many cases it's the Karma principle of 'what goes around comes around', that when people do wrong it will always come back to haunt them in one way or another. However, there are extreme cases like one I remember years ago where a woman, who had been repeatedly raped by her father since she was little, murdered her father and a few other men. She had developed a serious hatred for men. And could anybody blame her? Eventually she was arrested and found guilty of serial murders and sentenced to life in prison. Where does the justice system draw the line? Or is there no line? Criminals - Page 2 588401

Mal Criminals - Page 2 354831

Regardless of how she was treated or her mental state...the law is obligated to bring justice. It can't bend the rules for her particular case. It has to follow the law set down. In this case the law may rule a less severe sentence, based on her reasons but she still must pay for her crime. Otherwise, she will think its okay to do what she's done and keep murdering men. Law is very cut and dried..it has to be.
    Mal5252
    Mal5252

Male
    Number of posts : 258
    Job/hobbies : writing
    Registration date : 2010-04-18

Post  Mal5252 Sat May 22, 2010 2:12 am

AngelTony wrote:"I don't believe any soul comes to earth with the intention of hurting any one person or life form. The man too may have undergone trauma of some description that caused a change within him. It's the events that unfold in our lives that changes people. I suppose everyone of us, is a potential criminal and the saying ' There but for the grace of God go I' is applicable to many"

I can live by this description Skye, so well done! Criminals - Page 2 46693
    Hi A.T. Criminals - Page 2 371183 ,
    I totally agree with you, some do suffer trauma of some kind which can alter their behavior and/or viewpoint.

Mal Criminals - Page 2 965136
    AngelTony
    AngelTony

Male
    Number of posts : 1227
    Registration date : 2010-04-08

Post  AngelTony Sat May 22, 2010 2:25 am

Mal5252 wrote:
    AngelTony wrote:"I don't believe any soul comes to earth with the intention of hurting any one person or life form. The man too may have undergone trauma of some description that caused a change within him. It's the events that unfold in our lives that changes people. I suppose everyone of us, is a potential criminal and the saying ' There but for the grace of God go I' is applicable to many"

I can live by this description Skye, so well done! Criminals - Page 2 46693
    Hi A.T. Criminals - Page 2 371183 ,
    I totally agree with you, some do suffer trauma of some kind which can alter their behavior and/or viewpoint.

Mal Criminals - Page 2 965136
    Oh thank you Mal, yes I have not done really bad stuff in my life, but some crap I did when I was kid, really messed me up for many years. The trauma of my dad dying when I was 14 changed my entire life, but I did not believe it till much later. I cant wait to see him again now tho. We need to go fishing again. Criminals - Page 2 28115
    Mal5252
    Mal5252

Male

Post  Mal5252 Sat May 22, 2010 2:34 am

Hi again A.T. Criminals - Page 2 371183 ,
    sorry you lost your dad when you were only a boy. When you see him again say 'hi' for me and I hope you both catch a really big one.

Mal Criminals - Page 2 331509
    AngelTony
    AngelTony

Male

Post  AngelTony Sat May 22, 2010 2:58 am

TY kind sir, I will, maybe we all can throw a few lines in together as well, when we make it. I think when I meet him again, it will be deep in the Canadian woods near some awesome streams we used to fish in. I can remember my basket overflowing with small river trouts and we spent the night near our camp site, cooking the little trouts over an open fire. I will never forget the taste of those fish.

Last edited by AngelTony on Sat May 22, 2010 3:02 am; edited 1 time in total
    Mal5252
    Mal5252

Male

Post  Mal5252 Sat May 22, 2010 3:02 am

AngelTony wrote:TY kind sir, I will, maybe we all can throw a few lines in together as well, when we make it. I think when I meet him again, it will be deep in the Canadian woods near some awesome streams we used to fish in. I can remember my basket overflowing with small river trouts and we spent the night near our camp site, cooking the trouts over an open fire.
    Hi A.T. Criminals - Page 2 28115 ,
    are you Canadian? I love Canada and have always hoped to visit there one day, it's a very beautiful part of the world.

Mal Criminals - Page 2 371183
    AngelTony
    AngelTony

Male

Post  AngelTony Sat May 22, 2010 3:05 am

Mal5252 wrote:
    AngelTony wrote:TY kind sir, I will, maybe we all can throw a few lines in together as well, when we make it. I think when I meet him again, it will be deep in the Canadian woods near some awesome streams we used to fish in. I can remember my basket overflowing with small river trouts and we spent the night near our camp site, cooking the trouts over an open fire.
    Hi A.T. Criminals - Page 2 28115 ,
    are you Canadian? I love Canada and have always hoped to visit there one day, it's a very beautiful part of the world.

Yes I am, I was born in Halifax Nova Scotia and he was from New Brunswick, very near NS. When I was 5 we moved to Connecticut in New England, but visited Canada many times during my youth. He used to take me very deep into the New Bunswick streams every year when he was alive. Fun did not have such a great name as it was at that time. I grew up a very happy boy that was loved by both of them.
    Mal5252
    Mal5252

Male

Post  Mal5252 Sat May 22, 2010 3:20 am

Hi again Criminals - Page 2 114597 ,
    as you probably already know I'm aussie, born in Brisbane back in the prehistoric days Criminals - Page 2 809779 . Australia is a beautiful but very dry country, that's why most of the population lives on the mid to south east coastal areas. There's very little out in the centre of Oz, what they call the 'Never Never', been there.

Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Sat May 22, 2010 11:25 pm

Selket wrote:Criminals. Well we are talking about the actual criminals.

Personally i have no love for heavy criminals like Rapist`s, murderers, Robbers, heavy Drug dealers (everything connected with Opiates is imho very bad) and Human trafficers/Pimps

the world would be far better off if society just gets rid of them. So they stop harming people and other people will not get "inspired" by their actions and fall into the same line. But no, today we start to make therapy, give grouphugs and treat the Criminal better then the Victim. This is wrong, from personal experience i know that those heavy criminals laugh about all this. They do their part, go to the sessions cry a few Crocodile Tears and then laugh about the Ridiculousness of the Modern Justice system.

The Fact is that most people donot get better from prison, they actually get worse or if they got lifelong make other inmates like them. Its a shame, and i dont care about a rough childhood. I had one too, but i dont go around and shoot a store clerk in the Head for $15 in the register.

People like to blame other things but themselfs if they are in trouble.

So what todo with the worst of the worst?

I guess the death penalty is far too human for many....

And the only way to prevent bad people doing bad things on a large scale is through Fear. Having the Parents behave better, the schools and teachers to be better and the media to be better is impossible. This people cannot change. There will always be Bad Apples. So we got to pursuade those to behave, and unfortunatly they donot speak the language of reason and love. the only thing they understand is Cruelty and Fear.

Hi Selket, even with the death penalty, cruelty and fear, people would still do terrible things to others, like you said there will always be bad apples.

Sacred-Star
    Sacred-Star

Female
    Number of posts : 213
    Registration date : 2010-04-22

Post  Sacred-Star Thu May 27, 2010 2:45 am

And the only way to prevent bad people doing bad things on a large
    scale is through Fear. Having the Parents behave better, the schools and
    teachers to be better and the media to be better is impossible. This
    people cannot change. There will always be Bad Apples. So we got to
    pursuade those to behave, and unfortunatly they donot speak the language
    of reason and love. the only thing they understand is Cruelty and Fear.

First of all you cannot generalise about all bad people-everyone is different and you never know some bad people can turn their lives around.
    I went to a spiritual course last year and there was this woman there who was full of love and compassion and understanding, she wanted to heal people and really help them. She wanted to go out and show love to those involved in crimes and show them another path.
    She used to be involved in a life where she abused drugs big time and stole from people, got into fights and hung out with really bad people and encouraged bad behaviour-but she managed to turn her life around and if you would have seen her you would never have thought that she had a bad childhood, teenage and early adult life.

I've come across other people who used to be involved in a life of drugs, theft. physical abuse alcohol abuse, self-harm and harming others but they managed to turn their life around completely.

Now where will fear and cruelty come into this?
    Fear is what turns numerous people to crime in the first place. You can't just simply think that there is no hope for all bad people-these people have had to endure terrible childhoods where they lived in fear and under cruelty-so what do we treat fire with fire?

As for the law has to treat the woman who was raped in a cold and calculating manner-how is this the right thing to do? Have any of us been in her situation? Do any of us know what she went through or felt whilst she was being raped by her father? Perhaps she needed to be understood or helped to vent out her feelings of frustration? Perhaps her neighbours or someone else knew but did nothing about it/ Perhaps social services didn't pay much attention to her if they knew. Perhaps there was no way out for her.
    Would we find it alright to be locked-up for many years because we did bad without anybody trying to talk to us to see the underlying cause of why we did what we did?

So what shall we all just punish those that do badly as severely as possible without trying to understand why they did what they did in order to maybe prevent further incidents?
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Fri May 28, 2010 1:55 am

I went to a spiritual course last year and there was this woman there who was full of love and compassion and understanding, she wanted to heal people and really help them. She wanted to go out and show love to those involved in crimes and show them another path.
    She used to be involved in a life where she abused drugs big time and stole from people, got into fights and hung out with really bad people and encouraged bad behaviour-but she managed to turn her life around and if you would have seen her you would never have thought that she had a bad childhood, teenage and early adult life.

This does happen a fair bit, people can live their lives like that and then completely turn it around it's always good to see, and they also understand better having been there themselves.

Selket
    Selket

Number of posts : 26
    Registration date : 2010-05-02

Post  Selket Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:49 am

Sacred-Star wrote:
    And the only way to prevent bad people doing bad things on a large
    scale is through Fear. Having the Parents behave better, the schools and
    teachers to be better and the media to be better is impossible. This
    people cannot change. There will always be Bad Apples. So we got to
    pursuade those to behave, and unfortunatly they donot speak the language
    of reason and love. the only thing they understand is Cruelty and Fear.

First of all you cannot generalise about all bad people-everyone is different and you never know some bad people can turn their lives around.

I've come across other people who used to be involved in a life of drugs, theft. physical abuse alcohol abuse, self-harm and harming others but they managed to turn their life around completely.

Now where will fear and cruelty come into this?
    Fear is what turns numerous people to crime in the first place. You can't just simply think that there is no hope for all bad people-these people have had to endure terrible childhoods where they lived in fear and under cruelty-so what do we treat fire with fire?

As for the law has to treat the woman who was raped in a cold and calculating manner-how is this the right thing to do? Have any of us been in her situation? Do any of us know what she went through or felt whilst she was being raped by her father? Perhaps she needed to be understood or helped to vent out her feelings of frustration? Perhaps her neighbours or someone else knew but did nothing about it/ Perhaps social services didn't pay much attention to her if they knew. Perhaps there was no way out for her.
    Would we find it alright to be locked-up for many years because we did bad without anybody trying to talk to us to see the underlying cause of why we did what we did?

So what shall we all just punish those that do badly as severely as possible without trying to understand why they did what they did in order to maybe prevent further incidents?

That are nice and heartwarming stories, but unfortunatly they are meaningless. Thoose people who turned they life around as you say did some pretty nasty things. The only thing that happend is that they woke up. They realized the bad they have done caused them and others alot of pain.

But still this doesnt negate the fact that they did bad things, we all make mistakes and we are not perfect. But criminals make a choice again and again day after day that leads to more suffering. I can and did make some mistakes in my life yes but i didnt do the same kind of mistake day after day. And please dont start with group pressure or anything thats BS Grouppressure can only work if the person in the group things the group is worthy and good for him to stay. A person who doesnt like what happens in a group they would not join.

People who did bad things did bad things thats a fact, a drugdealer has the ability to destroy the life of many many people and make many familys sad. Those people who turned they life around are sorry for what they done yes. But they still dont think its wrong and most of them think they are the victims.

People that do crimes on a daily basis are different. And its sad but true that they just understand when they are faced with consequences that hurt.

Many people who sell drugs think its not their problem what people want, they are just suppliers. And the junkies would get their fix somewhere else anyway. So they go on selling drugs for years go on destroy and exploit people until one day he stops, and they mostly stop because a negative experience. Mostly from Police or prison. Or they self got addicted. Or or or

In a nutshell criminals never change their behavior if people give them understanding love or anything else. why would they stop?

The only thing that stops a criminal are negative experiences. And often very harsh treats of those will prevent people with this mindset become one. (drugdealer is just a example^^)

Criminals justify they own actions. and go on. Then they fall and try to change because the old way doesnt lead to success.

I cannot admire anyone who changed their life from a criminal to a good person. But i do admire people who didnt became criminals in the first place.

PS as u already noticed i dont really believe in forgiveness. Things that are done, are done.
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Sat Jun 05, 2010 12:07 am

But still this doesnt negate the fact that they did bad things, we all make mistakes and we are not perfect. But criminals make a choice again and again day after day that leads to more suffering.

Hi Selket, i'm usually very forgiving, too forgiving at times people have said, but you're right some things can't simply be forgiven and brushed under the carpet. And some things certainly should never be forgotten.

But to hold onto the hatred of the actions of another surely chews us up and hurts us far more than it hurts them.
    Some people can turn their lives around and make a difference, but when they've done something really terrible you lose all trust in them, this is why people get locked up, because they can't be trusted.

I think in some cases that trust can eventually be earned back, but not always.

innerlight
    innerlight
    Elite

Male
    Number of posts : 3817
    Registration date : 2009-02-20

Post  innerlight Sat Jun 05, 2010 12:20 am

Selket wrote:
    But still this doesnt negate the fact that they did bad things, we all make mistakes and we are not perfect. But criminals make a choice again and again day after day that leads to more suffering. I can and did make some mistakes in my life yes but i didnt do the same kind of mistake day after day. And please dont start with group pressure or anything thats BS Grouppressure can only work if the person in the group things the group is worthy and good for him to stay. A person who doesnt like what happens in a group they would not join.

I cannot admire anyone who changed their life from a criminal to a good person. But i do admire people who didnt became criminals in the first place.

PS as u already noticed i dont really believe in forgiveness. Things that are done, are done.

In the same vein then what you are saying is that you should not be forgiven for your mistakes, and you should also be shunned, and turned away. We all make mistakes. We all screw up. Those mistakes are also defining points in our life and allows us, if we let it, the ability to grow and learn from it. Those that do make those mistakes should not be condemned, or judged for them. If anything we should wish, and hope they find their way and make ammends with themselves, and others, instead of going deeper down a dark path. Which, in most cases, will not end well for them.
    You are right, things that are done, are done. Nothing can change that. But that does not mean one needs to dwell onto such things, or hold onto it. One can, and should, move forward with their life.
    Mal5252
    Mal5252

Male

Criminals - Page 2 Empty Anyone is capable of evil.

Post  Mal5252 Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:04 pm

Hello all Criminals - Page 2 577431 ,
    I was watching an interesting doc. on the Discovery channel where a Professor of Criminology, psychiatrists, and behavioral psychologists did an experiment on a group of ordinary college students. They were confined in a duplicated prison enviroment, half of them were made prison guards while the other half were made prisoners. This experiment continued for about a week (it was all being video taped), then those that were in authority (the guards) started to become sadistic toward the prisoners, then they became downright cruel and vicious toward them. They had forgotten that it was merely an experiment and that the ones they had authority over were innocent students.

Mal Criminals - Page 2 350287
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:09 pm

Mal5252 wrote:Hello all Criminals - Page 2 577431 ,
    I was watching an interesting doc. on the Discovery channel where a Professor of Criminology, psychiatrists, and behavioral psychologists did an experiment on a group of ordinary college students. They were confined in a duplicated prison enviroment, half of them were made prison guards while the other half were made prisoners. This experiment continued for about a week (it was all being video taped), then those that were in authority (the guards) started to become sadistic toward the prisoners, then they became downright cruel and vicious toward them. They had forgotten that it was merely an experiment and that the ones they had authority over were innocent students.

Hi Mal, I wish i'd seen that, I love documentaries, I hope they recieved help afterwards to address those changes. It just highlights how your surroundings and 'position' can influence your behaviour, how did those who were made prisoners respond?

Mal5252
    Mal5252

Male

Post  Mal5252 Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:17 pm

Hi Mal, I wish i'd seen that, I love documentaries, I hope they recieved help afterwards to address those changes. It just highlights how your surroundings and 'position' can influence your behaviour, how did those who were made prisoners respond?[/quote]
    Hi Violet Criminals - Page 2 21581 ,
    when the 'prisoners' were first being mistreated they rebelled but it only made the situation a lot worse.

Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:20 pm

Hi Mal
    That's awful, I hope it doesn't affect any of them long term.

Mal5252
    Mal5252

Male

Post  Mal5252 Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:33 pm

Violet wrote:Hi Mal
    Hi again Violet Criminals - Page 2 15910 ,
    I assume that after the 'experiment' was over all of them would have gathered in a meeting with the Professor of Criminology and the behavioural psychologists and discussed it in great detail. But I'd say it would have created some will feelings between them

Mal Criminals - Page 2 21581
    The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
    Crystal
    Crystal

Female
    Number of posts : 1249
    Job/hobbies : Counsellor - Crystals,Tarot, Reiki and animal healing
    Registration date : 2009-06-20

Post  Crystal Tue Mar 31, 2015 7:05 pm

Mal5252 wrote:
    Violet wrote:Hi Mal
    Hi again Violet Criminals - Page 2 15910 ,
    I assume that after the 'experiment' was over all of them would have gathered in a meeting with the Professor of Criminology and the behavioural psychologists and discussed it in great detail. But I'd say it would have created some will feelings between them

Mal Criminals - Page 2 21581

I saw that film and at least one of the prisoners actually really died! Others had terrible injuries and the whole thing was stopped!
    Crystal
    Crystal

Female
    Number of posts : 1249
    Job/hobbies : Counsellor - Crystals,Tarot, Reiki and animal healing
    Registration date : 2009-06-20

Post  Crystal Tue Mar 31, 2015 7:06 pm

jcam@sii wrote:it`s real to me - that i am left standing sweet off bad backs callering nick-nackin` how to make trouble.

but i stand up to my dessert. i don`t want no b s - supposed as to add on to say no action drooling some up [ krime ].

lol almost 5 year old post :)  interesting what you drag up.  :love:
    The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 5:05 pm