Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
astralphoenix
shayn
Violet
7 posters

Psychometry

Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Psychometry Empty Psychometry

Post  Violet Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:11 pm

This is picking up information from personal objects worn by the client, things worn frequently such as wedding rings and watches, have any of you tried this form of 'reading' and what are your thoughts on it? Their are some who believe this type of reading to be cheating, personally I don't like it but i'd be interested to know what you think.

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    shayn
    shayn

Female
    Number of posts : 4035
    Job/hobbies : tarot reader
    Registration date : 2009-02-18

Psychometry Empty Re: Psychometry

Post  shayn Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:07 pm

i'm not sure, how can you cheat on such reading anyway?
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Sun Mar 15, 2009 8:43 pm

It's because you're actually touching and handling it apparantly :scratch: thart's what I heard and that because of that it isn't a 'true' reading

shayn
    shayn

Female
    Number of posts : 4035
    Job/hobbies : tarot reader
    Registration date : 2009-02-18

Post  shayn Sun Mar 15, 2009 9:24 pm

ok,
    i don't know.
    i would like to try it sometime, to give the reading.
    astralphoenix
    astralphoenix

Female
    Number of posts : 100
    Registration date : 2009-02-21

Post  astralphoenix Sun Mar 15, 2009 11:12 pm

I used to do Psychometry on a regular basis. I mainly picked up emotional issues. A lot of what I got was symbolic as I wasnt very good then at deciphering symbols I found it frustrating!
    If someone shows me a piece of jewelry now I have this subconcious thing about of rubbing my fingers over it and picking up images and impressions, if the person is open I pass it on, otherwise I keep it to myself.
    You can pick up images even if the person has it only one day, as you are tuning into their energy. It is harder with an object that belong to someone who has passed as the person who now has it may not be able to verify the information you are getting.
    With Psychometry it is something that you have to keep at just like tarot or any other divination tool.
    I don't see how this cant be a true reading as you are tuning into the person's energy. You can do with other objects as well. Try putting your hands on the bricks of an old building and see what you "feel" it is quite amazing what you can sense.
    gwenddydd
    gwenddydd

Female
    Number of posts : 60
    Job/hobbies : Sailing, runes, reading, writing, jui-jitsu, herbs , horsebackriding, dancing.
    Registration date : 2009-02-26

Post  gwenddydd Mon Mar 16, 2009 5:28 pm

Very true, walls can talk, sometimes stepping into a building is enough for me, not touching anything but the floor through the soles of my shoes.

love,

Gwen
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:15 pm

It is true i've been to some houses that are more than uncomfortable :scare:

gwenddydd
    gwenddydd

Female
    Job/hobbies : Sailing, runes, reading, writing, jui-jitsu, herbs , horsebackriding, dancing.

Post  gwenddydd Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:27 pm

Sofar I've only found one such place luckily. As soon as I stepped over the tresh hold the hair on the back of my neck stood up, and you know that sickeningly sweet dead smell? It lingered there, though not exactly as a smell. :rfth: was my first response.

The people that lived there where oblivious to it, very normal people. Some people are hearing, but deaf, seeing, but blind, where these things are concerned I guess. :choices:
    Love

Gwen
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:17 pm

The thing is i'm never sure whether to mention it or not even to people who are spiritually aware, do you ever mention it?

gwenddydd
    gwenddydd

Female

Post  gwenddydd Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:19 pm

The thing is i'm never sure whether to mention it or not even to people who are spiritually aware, do you ever mention it?

:choices: Typical dilemma. Honestly I don´t know. I think I would if I knew ther person and I knew that they where spirituall... Going from the thought that I´d like to know.

If they are not spiritual I don´t think I´d mention it directly. I might say something like `This house feels cold`

If they go turn op the heat for me then its obvious :scratch: they don´t get it.

If they started talking about how they feel there is something of to then yes I might,

But mostly with houses like that I :rfth: And :reading: :goodvibes: it from a distance.

I love this smiley btw :awed:

Love

Gwen
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:55 pm

I'm always worried about making people nervous or afraid when previously they haven't noticed anything.
    I do get people asking me to see what I can pick up in their houses but sometimes I feel they really don't want to know, I think they are just seeking reassurance that their home is fine, it's certainly a tricky one.

That smiley :awed: is great I just couldn't resist him, I was going to post that under your aura pic :giggles:

spirit
    spirit

Female
    Number of posts : 238
    Job/hobbies : reiki master and teacher
    Registration date : 2009-06-16

Post  spirit Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:42 am

I too dont understand how this cant be a true reading, the emotions and vibrations are the source for the reading.
    I once held my sisters antique engagement ring and felt physically sick to the stomach, feelings from the previous owners, I told her to get it cleared and cleaned as it was causing negative emotions to encroach on her relationship, which she agreed that things had been tough since they had bought the ring!

We did a clearing on the ring and she took it to the jewelers to be cleaned and things started to improve soon afterwards....This is an area that I intend on developing further.

BB
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:25 am

This is why I don't like psychometry i only pick up bad things and have had some very unpleasant sensations from doing it.

spirit
    spirit

Female

Post  spirit Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:30 am

Violet wrote:This is why I don't like psychometry i only pick up bad things and have had some very unpleasant sensations from doing it.
    This is mainly because negative emotions are heavier than positive, so you have to stick at it and get past the negative first.
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:39 am

Thanks for that spirit, I have wondered why I only got the bad stuff

spirit
    spirit

Female

Post  spirit Wed Jun 17, 2009 6:29 pm

Violet wrote:Thanks for that spirit, I have wondered why I only got the bad stuff

Your welcome, it is worth trying to stick at it and see if you can get past the heavy stuff :daisy:
    Crystal
    Crystal

Female
    Number of posts : 1249
    Job/hobbies : Counsellor - Crystals,Tarot, Reiki and animal healing
    Registration date : 2009-06-20

Post  Crystal Sat Jun 20, 2009 5:56 pm

spirit wrote:
    Violet wrote:Thanks for that spirit, I have wondered why I only got the bad stuff

Your welcome, it is worth trying to stick at it and see if you can get past the heavy stuff :daisy:

Sometimes the energy of pure love or joy or laughter is misunderstood, perhaps you might get the giggles or just feel happy and not think about why. It's easy when we suddenly feeling or sense a bad emotion or negative energy because it usually changes how we were at the time, but the happier ones often get overlooked. Although to be fair it is the heavier memories like sadness, or grief, pain, fear etc that are usually the strongest.
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Sat Jul 04, 2009 12:31 am

Yeah they are the strongest, it only seems to be with the psychometry though, perhaps it's just not my 'thing' it was so bad one toime I had to rush to the loo as I felt I was going to be sick.

SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

Post  SpiritVoices Sat May 17, 2014 11:33 am

Interesting subject.....isn't it to hold objects in the hand and read those objects?
    Crystal
    Crystal

Female
    Number of posts : 1249
    Job/hobbies : Counsellor - Crystals,Tarot, Reiki and animal healing
    Registration date : 2009-06-20

Post  Crystal Sat May 17, 2014 12:27 pm

I have had a strange experience with psychometry. I always test and look for the scientific angle before thinking of anything else, so we set up an experiment. A few friends were asked to place a small object into a brown envelope, all the envelopes were exactly the same. I wasn't allowed to see what any of the objects were just hold the sealed envelope.
    I got most of the objects wrong lol. Then my scientific mind took over and I asked each person to hold their envelope and concentrate on what they put inside it. I got all the objects right that time. I wasn't reading the object but the person and I feel that most psychometry is the same, reading the person's thoughts and the objects energy. I didn't think of trying to hold the objects directly that should make a new experiment lol  :)
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

Post  SpiritVoices Sat May 17, 2014 1:48 pm

I'm absolutely useless at that....if I try to do that......but instinct sets in some times and if someone surprises me by saying 'What do I have in my bag?' I automatically tell them what the object is. So much for concentrating.....lol

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content