Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
Spirit of Light
innerlight
Violet
7 posters

Is psychometry mediumship?

Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Is psychometry mediumship? Empty Is psychometry mediumship?

Post  Violet Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:16 pm

I have my own thoughts on this but what are yours? And i'm sure I heard certain spiritual bodies won't accept this as true mediumship.

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    innerlight
    innerlight
    Elite

Male
    Number of posts : 3817
    Registration date : 2009-02-20

Is psychometry mediumship? Empty Re: Is psychometry mediumship?

Post  innerlight Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:38 pm

Mediumship is the ability, or gift, or skill, to commune with spirit. So if it's through psychometry it would be, IMO, another form of Mediumship. That is if you are using it to commune with spirit(s).
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Post  Violet Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:17 pm

I get what you're saying Innerlight what does everyone else think?

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    Spirit of Light
    Spirit of Light

Number of posts : 82
    Registration date : 2014-05-31

Post  Spirit of Light Sun Jun 15, 2014 2:48 pm

Psychometry can be practised by anyone.  It isn't mediumship at all that's why it is called psychometry. 

The confusion comes when a medium picks up an object and then reveals information.
    mac

Male
    Number of posts : 4147
    Job/hobbies : retired
    Registration date : 2010-04-23

Post  mac Sun Jun 15, 2014 3:22 pm

Spirit of Light wrote:Psychometry can be practised by anyone.  It isn't mediumship at all that's why it is called psychometry. 

The confusion comes when a medium picks up an object and then reveals information.
    great explanation!
    Auras

Male
    Number of posts : 2027
    Registration date : 2012-05-06

Post  Auras Sun Jun 15, 2014 3:36 pm

Sadly, I have to disagree, as for the first part of my mediumship training I had to learn Psychometry, So, I do see it apart of mediumship.
    mac

Male

Post  mac Sun Jun 15, 2014 3:52 pm

Auras wrote:Sadly, I have to disagree, as for the first part of my mediumship training I had to learn Psychometry, So, I do see it apart of mediumship.
     Dansette time - mac puts on his 'What is Mediumship' 78 r.p.m. Long Player.... 

Mediumship is the word used to denote communication between discarnates and incarnates via a third party, the medium.  Psychometry isn't. 

Hence psychometry is psychometry and mediumship is mediumship, but one source of confusion can be when a medium uses psychometry without explaining that there isn't any spirit communicator present....just as Spirit of Light indicated earlier. 
    skye

Female
    Number of posts : 1256
    Registration date : 2009-09-06

Post  skye Sun Jun 15, 2014 4:10 pm

Auras wrote:Sadly, I have to disagree, as for the first part of my mediumship training I had to learn Psychometry, So, I do see it apart of mediumship.
    Psychometry isn't mediumship it is a psychic practice. A medium can use psychometry to tune into the energy of an item, to retrieve information. This information does not come from a spirit communicator. If the item belonged to a person in the spirit world, that person may come forward to communicate and pass over other relevant information pertaining to him or her.
    Auras

Male

Post  Auras Sun Jun 15, 2014 6:46 pm

skye wrote:
    Psychometry isn't mediumship it is a psychic practice. A medium can use psychometry to tune into the energy of an item, to retrieve information. This information does not come from a spirit communicator. If the item belonged to a person in the spirit world, that person may come forward to communicate and pass over other relevant information pertaining to him or her.
    Of course, but for me, It's a part of mediumship.
    Spirit of Light
    Spirit of Light

Number of posts : 82
    Registration date : 2014-05-31

Post  Spirit of Light Sun Jun 15, 2014 6:57 pm

Auras wrote:
    skye wrote:

It's usually used as a part of psychic development not mediumship.
    mac

Male

Post  mac Sun Jun 15, 2014 7:12 pm

In the USA particularly (but  Oz too I understand) psychics and mediums are often seen as the same beasts.  Maybe that's how it's becoming in the UK too - psychism and mediumship considered the same?
    skye

Female

Post  skye Sun Jun 15, 2014 7:29 pm

Auras wrote:
    skye wrote:
    Yes, that's what I said. A medium can use psychometry, so it is a part of mediumship.
    mac

Male

Post  mac Sun Jun 15, 2014 7:50 pm

skye wrote:
    Auras wrote:
    skye wrote:
    Yes, that's what I said. A medium can use psychometry, so it is a part of mediumship.

Is it only because a medium is using psychometry that it's a part of mediumship, even if it's not being used in transdimensional communication?

And if the medium's use of it doesn't involve communication between individuals in different dimensions, is it still part of that practitioner's 'mediumship' on that occasion? 
    Auras

Male

Post  Auras Sun Jun 15, 2014 8:10 pm

mac wrote:
    skye wrote:
    Auras wrote:
    skye wrote:

Is it only because a medium is using psychometry that it's a part of mediumship, even if it's not being used in transdimensional communication?

And if the medium's use of it doesn't involve communication between individuals in different dimensions, is it still part of that practitioner's 'mediumship' on that occasion? 
    Very good question indeed Mac :smile: if the mediums use of it does not involve as you say it does. It doesn't count as there mediumship I suppose
    skye

Female

Post  skye Sun Jun 15, 2014 9:23 pm

mac wrote:
    skye wrote:
    Auras wrote:
    skye wrote:

I suppose the answer depends on how or where a person develops and unfolds their mediumship. From my past experience with the SNU, psychometry is usually taught in basic awareness and development classes. Psychometry is much like any psychic skill that is developed, it's a useful tool to be used within the confines of mediumship and can be used in our daily lives.

I class it as being a part of mediumship but I cannot speak for all mediums. We are aware most people can learn to attune to the residual energy of objects, as well as places and people but some mediums utilise it in their mediumship to include those people in the world of spirit. I look at it from the viewpoint of it being a short cut. It helps conserve energy for communication purposes, though it is not and should not infer it is evidence of survival or other form of communication from a spirit communicator.

As an after thought, I believe this is why some people who have little or no knowledge of residual energy can easily become confused and claim a place is haunted when in reality they are picking up on the energy left behind.
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

Post  SpiritVoices Sun Jun 15, 2014 10:40 pm

innerlight wrote:Mediumship is the ability, or gift, or skill, to commune with spirit. So if it's through psychometry it would be, IMO, another form of Mediumship. That is if you are using it to commune with spirit(s).

Psychometry? Is that holding an object in the hand and reading it for information?

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 11:12 pm