Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
jcam@sii
Akyana
Violet
7 posters

Thoughts

Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Thoughts Empty Thoughts

Post  Violet Thu May 06, 2010 12:06 am

I was discussing thoughts with someone today and they were saying how destructive they can be, which I agree with, but they can be very postive too.
    Do you think thoughts are energy or 'living things' or just random ramblings of the mind, or something else altogether.
    What are your thoughts on thoughts?

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    Akyana
    Akyana

Number of posts : 355
    Registration date : 2010-04-22

Thoughts Empty Re: Thoughts

Post  Akyana Thu May 06, 2010 1:51 am

Violet wrote:I was discussing thoughts with someone today and they were saying how destructive they can be, which I agree with, but they can be very postive too.
    Do you think thoughts are energy or 'living things' or just random ramblings of the mind, or something else altogether.

Thoughts are energy that goes through our brain and as our brain is conditioned,
    it provokes the neurons to associate the energy with words and feelings.
    This energy(prana) is going through us all the time, hence we think all the time,
    unless we recognise the energy as energy and relax into it.
    That is the way to attain thought-less state.
    The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

Post  SpiritVoices Thu Mar 26, 2015 4:01 pm

This topic reminds me of the problem I am having with one of my relatives at the moment.
    I don't know quite know what to do.  One day they are friendly and normal and the next completely different altogether.    I haven't got a clue what to do about it!
    How would you treat this altogether?
    Crystal
    Crystal

Female
    Number of posts : 1249
    Job/hobbies : Counsellor - Crystals,Tarot, Reiki and animal healing
    Registration date : 2009-06-20

Post  Crystal Thu Mar 26, 2015 4:09 pm

SpiritVoices wrote:This topic reminds me of the problem I am having with one of my relatives at the moment.
    I don't know quite know what to do.  One day they are friendly and normal and the next completely different altogether.    I haven't got a clue what to do about it!

First I would look at myself. Was I causing the changes, what was I doing, was there something I did that triggered these changes, was it my behaviour or a topic I brought up?

However, quite often with family problems it is something that is longstanding or repetitive or being avoided and the confrontation needs to be aired before it can be resolved.

Have you asked them if there was something wrong? Or how they are feeling?
    Aqua
    Aqua

Female
    Number of posts : 314
    Registration date : 2014-12-11

Post  Aqua Thu Mar 26, 2015 5:07 pm

Violet wrote:I was discussing thoughts with someone today and they were saying how destructive they can be, which I agree with, but they can be very postive too.

Our thoughts affect every part of our lives. What we daily think about has an impact
    on all our experiences.
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

Post  SpiritVoices Thu Mar 26, 2015 5:21 pm

Crystal wrote:
    SpiritVoices wrote:This topic reminds me of the problem I am having with one of my relatives at the moment.

First I would look at myself. Was I causing the changes, what was I doing, was there something I did that triggered these changes, was it my behaviour or a topic I brought up?

However, quite often with family problems it is something that is longstanding or repetitive or being avoided and the confrontation needs to be aired before it can be resolved.

Have you asked them if there was something wrong? Or how they are feeling?
    Strange because I am wondering if they would prefer for once to enjoy Xmas etc on their own.      I'm not worried anymore about Xmas and all the mess it gives.
    I just want to be with my Ken at Xmas once more...... flowerz
    Crystal
    Crystal

Female
    Number of posts : 1249
    Job/hobbies : Counsellor - Crystals,Tarot, Reiki and animal healing
    Registration date : 2009-06-20

Post  Crystal Thu Mar 26, 2015 5:59 pm

Aqua wrote:

Our thoughts affect every part of our lives. What we daily think about has an impact
    on all our experiences.

Thoughts are things. Electrical impulses, so they actually physically exist in my mind.

That's why meditation is so helpful, thinking nothing, calming the brain and just being, ahhh deep sighs, ohmmmmmmmm!
    millergrls
    millergrls

Female
    Number of posts : 1385
    Job/hobbies : Dispatcher
    Registration date : 2012-11-02

Post  millergrls Thu Mar 26, 2015 9:39 pm

Thoughts are definatly energy.  That is why when someone walks into the room that thinks negatively the energy changes.  I can notice a huge difference when I think only positive thoughts and not allow negativity to enter my thoughts.  I feel elated when I let go of negativity and think only positive things.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 4:21 am