Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
smilies37
Violet
6 posters

Photography

Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Photography Empty Photography

Post  Violet Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:57 pm

Have you ever had anything unusual turn up on photographs which wasn't there when you took the picture, I think we had a thread on a similar topic once but I can't find it.

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    smilies37
    Just joined

Female
    Number of posts : 7
    Registration date : 2011-12-18

Photography Empty Doggy Vision!

Post  smilies37 Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:59 pm

A few weeks ago my boyfriends sister was staying with him. A few days into her arrival I took my 2 dogs & my new dog whom she had never met. She asked me to take a picture of her with them, my original 2 Cavaliers commandered her lap and the third sat by her feet. I took several pics, and after seeing the final pic on the screen, was a call very bright orb in front of.my.new dog- it was as small as the size of the light from a small torch. There was no.sunlight in the area and seemingly too far to have picked up a dust particle. It was very distinctive, as it was infront of my new dog who is raven black, so it was very, very noticeable.

I still can't get over it, we were all taken aback by it, none of us could logically.explain it. When we zoomed into it, it had rainbow colours on the perimeter of it. I wonder if it is the spirit orb of one of my dogs, that I lost last year. I have had experiences of his presence at my boyfriend's house, so that would not surprise me.

I was looking forward to getting a copy of it, but she accidently deleted it, but it was exciting to look at and I seriously wish I could have when it to you & everyone I know whether they wanted :flo: to or not! Lol it was amazing!
    Karin
    Karin

Female
    Number of posts : 392
    Registration date : 2011-06-28

Photography Empty Re: Photography

Post  Karin Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:15 am

This photo shows a fountain on St. Peter's Square in Rome. Some people think the round white "plates" are orbs.

I photographed them three times and don't know how to think about them.

Photography Img0648pw

Maybe reflections of the sparkling water catched by a modern camera?

But the atmosphere there was wonderful! I sat every evening there (you know I criticize the christian church) because fortunately there were only few steps to my hotel.

Karin
    mac

Male
    Number of posts : 4147
    Job/hobbies : retired
    Registration date : 2010-04-23

Post  mac Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:17 am

It's easy to become over-excited about photographic imagery but one needs to keep one's feet on the ground too..... Sometimes it's hard to resist the temptation to declare there's something real when we can't come up with an alternative explanation. But the absence of an explanation doesn't mean one should be fabricated.

During the 'Scole years' there were many photographs showing facial images while others showed inanimate ones. Some were very difficult to explain away as deception or equipment failure and their production still remains unexplained.

But on another occasion (it might have been from the NAS on this occasion) it was eventually found that the unexplained objects were actually problems with the camera lens. There had been great member interest in the images and much excited speculation about their meaning. Only the investigations by the diligent photographer revealed the problems and why the orbs etc. were appearing.

Many folk prefer fantasy and mystery over a proper, mundane explanation. The Cottingley Fairies case was just such an early example....

Shortly after writing the above two things occurred to me. Firstly the romanticists/fantasists will just dismiss everything I say - what does mac know about anything? Secondly this is the season where probably the biggest fantasy of our time is celebrated - not an ideal time to caution about make-believe!
    Photography 368832 Photography 368832
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

Post  SpiritVoices Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:50 am

It pays to have an expert look at any photo we may have that we think may hold the answer to spirit presence.

Orbs (sorry Karin) I am not a great fan of,believing them to be the cause of minor particles of dust.

But again,we don't know,do we?

I have a photo of half my husband's face showing on the flag which the standard bearer held at his funeral.

I know it is him but to prove it is another matter.

But I do love to see 'spirit' photos.

Photography 28115
    Karin
    Karin

Female

Post  Karin Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:01 am

Hey Folks! Photography 348985

I didn't say these are ORBS. Photography 809779 Photography 809779 Photography 809779

I said:

Karin wrote:...and don't know how to think about them.

and

Karin wrote:Maybe reflections of the sparkling water catched by a modern camera?

And by the way:

Mac wrote:Secondly this is the season
    where probably the biggest fantasy of our time is celebrated - not an
    ideal time to caution about make-believe!

In my case that is not true. I see no chance for christmas feelings this year.

But I wish you all a very nice Christmas time. Photography 348985 Photography 348985

Karin
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:49 pm

My apoligies,Karin,must have orbs on the brain.

Photography 160943

The most realistic photo I saw of spirit was several years ago,taken at the funeral of my grandmother. I never knew her in life being born after she passed.

In the old days,family members used to take a picture of the graveside where all were standing round.

This was my father,sisters and brothers when they were children.

She died very young at the age of 41 years.

Her face is shown standing in between two of the children,I think.

Not sure of this,only had a quick glimpse of the photo.

Her face was slightly out of proportion to the others.It was very obvious it was something very unusual in the photo.
    gilly
    gilly

Male
    Number of posts : 851
    Job/hobbies : Writing Sci/Fi and Fantasy
    Registration date : 2011-11-11

Post  gilly Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:48 pm

mac wrote:It's easy to become over-excited about photographic imagery but one needs to keep one's feet on the ground too..... Sometimes it's hard to resist the temptation to declare there's something real when we can't come up with an alternative explanation. But the absence of an explanation doesn't mean one should be fabricated.

During the 'Scole years' there were many photographs showing facial images while others showed inanimate ones. Some were very difficult to explain away as deception or equipment failure and their production still remains unexplained.

But on another occasion (it might have been from the NAS on this occasion) it was eventually found that the unexplained objects were actually problems with the camera lens. There had been great member interest in the images and much excited speculation about their meaning. Only the investigations by the diligent photographer revealed the problems and why the orbs etc. were appearing.

Many folk prefer fantasy and mystery over a proper, mundane explanation. The Cottingley Fairies case was just such an early example....

Shortly after writing the above two things occurred to me. Firstly the romanticists/fantasists will just dismiss everything I say - what does mac know about anything? Secondly this is the season where probably the biggest fantasy of our time is celebrated - not an ideal time to caution about make-believe!
    Photography 368832 Photography 368832

mac

you are neither romanticist nor fantacist!!

But you do seem to close your mind to 'possibilities'!

Nobody requires proof as much as I do, but I do keep an open mind! There are some things that defy explanation and whilst not proof--THEY DO NOT DISPROVE either.

PPLLnL

Peter
    Karin
    Karin

Female

Post  Karin Mon Dec 19, 2011 3:42 pm

Hi Joanie!

Photography 21581

Orbs in the brain???

Photography 489992

By the way... could be a good explanation for my headache... Photography 809779 Photography 809779 Photography 809779

Ok! I think I have them in the brain too.

Karin Photography 621623
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:10 pm

It's that lovely German wine you've been drinking,Karin.

Yummy!Photography 809779
    Karin
    Karin

Female

Post  Karin Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:14 pm

Joanie!

How can you know I'm drinking wine in THIS Moment???

Clairvoyant???

Yes, indeed. But it's Italian. And I do that AGAINST the headache... Photography 809779 Photography 809779 Photography 809779

Karin
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:31 pm

Ah,there you are I see you with my little eye.......Photography 331509

Actually I can hear the gurgle as it goes down your throat,Karin.

Photography 738889

I love German wine,I used to work for a spirits and wine company.

German wine always seems to have a life of it's own.

Sharp and delicious.
    Karin
    Karin

Female

Post  Karin Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:38 pm

Dear Joanie,

yes... German wine is indeed something special. I love it too.

The Germans are proud of the good food, beer and wine here... Photography 160943

I used to work for a spirits and wine company.

Such a great job I wouldn't survive!!! Photography 619524 my poor liver...

Karin
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Mon Dec 19, 2011 5:26 pm

Photography 331509 We used to have 'tasters' brought to us when a new blend of wine and spirits came out.

To sample and give our opinion.

Photography 349308

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content