Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

tarot and history

shayn
    shayn

Female
    Number of posts : 4035
    Job/hobbies : tarot reader
    Registration date : 2009-02-18

tarot and history Empty tarot and history

Post  shayn Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:41 pm

do you feel knowing the history of the tarot card is important for you as a reader? i mean genenral knowladge is a good thing but can you be a good reader without knowing a thing about the history of the cards.. where they first been published, by whom and for what reason? does it really matter?

S
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

tarot and history Empty Re: tarot and history

Post  Violet Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:24 pm

I don't think it does really matter Shayn, but I suppose knowing a little of their history may give you a deeper insight.

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    shayn
    shayn

Female

Post  shayn Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:58 pm

thanks

s
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:28 am

You know Shayn it's interesting I should come accross this post now as a month or two ago I found a book all about the history of playing cards and the tarot, i've not had chance to look at it properly yet and I will post you the title in here when I find it tarot and history 160943 I have books all over the house.

skye

Female
    Number of posts : 1256
    Registration date : 2009-09-06

Post  skye Sun Dec 05, 2010 1:56 am

Learning about the history of tarot cards is interesting, it's nice to know how, and where and when things originate from. Although I don't feel this knowledge will make anyone a better reader as we use our intuition along with symbology to read the cards.
    shayn
    shayn

Female

Post  shayn Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:47 am

Violet wrote:You know Shayn it's interesting I should come accross this post now as a month or two ago I found a book all about the history of playing cards and the tarot, i've not had chance to look at it properly yet and I will post you the title in here when I find it tarot and history 160943 I have books all over the house.

hi V
    did you get a chance to look at this book? is it good?
    can you please write me the full name of the book.
    once again i'm finding myself faceing the history question...

skye, i don't know how and if history can help to a reading, like you i think it has nothing to do with it, but it is interesting topic...

s
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:29 am

I'll do my best to find it tomorrow and post the title in here tarot and history 821538

Carolyn
    Carolyn

Female
    Number of posts : 541
    Job/hobbies : Writing, singing, and not wasting a moment of every day I wake up.
    Registration date : 2009-09-01

Post  Carolyn Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:39 pm

To me a tarot card is the painting of someones interpretation for a symbol. I think knowing history in general is very important, so tarot and history 331509 I do think taking the time to learn the history behind the decks designer is important. My personal favorite is the painter Pixie, who designed the Rider-Waite deck. But maybe thats because I feel a kinship to her. tarot and history 609912
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:53 am

Hi, unfortunately I didn't get time to look for the book today and I agree Carolyn, history is important.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 12:59 am