Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

siginficator in tarot

shayn
    shayn

Female
    Number of posts : 4035
    Job/hobbies : tarot reader
    Registration date : 2009-02-18

siginficator in tarot Empty siginficator in tarot

Post  shayn Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:14 pm

do you use signifcator in your readings?
    do you find it useful, helpful?

for myself i don't use it, must admit never fully understood the meaning and need of this...

would love to hear what your thoughts on the subject

s
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

siginficator in tarot Empty Re: siginficator in tarot

Post  Violet Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:59 pm

Hi Shayn, I don't use it either I think it could be good in the early days as it's a starting point. siginficator in tarot 821538

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    Gentrash
    Gentrash

Male
    Number of posts : 12
    Registration date : 2011-03-13

Post  Gentrash Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:08 pm

Violet wrote:Hi Shayn, I don't use it either I think it could be good in the early days as it's a starting point. siginficator in tarot 821538

I agree.
    shayn
    shayn

Female

Post  shayn Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:26 pm

how do you use it as a starting point? it is a card you pick up as is... right...???
    i admit i really don't understad the concept of it... but there is great deal about it in some spreads and books.

i don't use it.. but insights are wellcome

s
    Gentrash
    Gentrash

Male
    Number of posts : 12
    Registration date : 2011-03-13

Post  Gentrash Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:40 pm

Think of it as a very short term focus of the person.
    Some spreads/books say you should pick one to use as sort of avatar and it may or may not bring some small insite to the speard. It's a decent starting spot in my opinion as it helps you get a feel for the person you are reading for. Once anyone gets used to the cards and reading them it'll probably be a step they can skip.

Other than what I said above, I never found them that useful. Once a person gets used to the cards they'll probably make thier own spead anyway.
    shayn
    shayn

Female

Post  shayn Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:34 pm

thanks

just wanted to make sure i'm not missing something there...

S
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:19 pm

Gentrash wrote:Think of it as a very short term focus of the person.
    Some spreads/books say you should pick one to use as sort of avatar and it may or may not bring some small insite to the speard. It's a decent starting spot in my opinion as it helps you get a feel for the person you are reading for. Once anyone gets used to the cards and reading them it'll probably be a step they can skip.

Other than what I said above, I never found them that useful. Once a person gets used to the cards they'll probably make thier own spead anyway.

Now i'm agreeing with you siginficator in tarot 821538

Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:29 pm

shayn wrote:thanks

just wanted to make sure i'm not missing something there...

S

Give it a try Shayn see if it makes any diference for you. siginficator in tarot 821538

shayn
    shayn

Female

Post  shayn Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:15 pm

thanks V.

don't think so, never found the point of it,
    just thought maybe to teach about it.. but i find it very "not me" so i just mentioned that.. but then i started rethinking about it..

s
    Lynn
    Lynn

Female
    Number of posts : 1467
    Job/hobbies : Retired - Interests Metaphysics
    Registration date : 2010-01-26

Post  Lynn Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:40 pm

Hello

As I do not use a "deck" in the physical realms I had to look up this term " signifigator" .

It seems that it is a card that is used to represent the querent ( one who seeks ) in the tarot reading.

Learned that not all spreads use one, but one of the most popular one's does the Celtic Cross. I got the first ever reading in that pattern given me the other day. I had a very specific question to answer and that was the way the cards came to me. I had to even GOOGLE to find the name for the layout.

For me if I am having troubles getting the reading for someone I will ask for an outline. The three cards Past, Present, and Near Future to give me an overlay of what they might well want to know. To ask for a general reading is all fine and good but there is ALWAYS a hidden reason for why one wants the reading. Something they at the time might not even know.

I too know that for me I am simply drawing on past life knowlege to do the readings. Memory keeps the cards there, and from what the reader I use most she says the cards are a "tool" to show the clients is all. The knowlede needed is alreay in self it just needs the door opened is all.

Lynn
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:31 pm

With playing cards it is easy to choose a significator using the court cards as they all have their own 'personality' for instance the queen of hearts would represent a loving, caring woman with dark blond or light brown hair, a peacemaker, all the other court cards have their 'personality' too i'm sure the same could be applied to the court cards of the tarot.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 3:00 am