Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Jumping?

Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Jumping? Empty Jumping?

Post  Violet Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:47 pm

I'm sure we're all aware of this feeling, but just when you're on the brink of sleep and you jerk really badly and it wakes you properly again, does anyone know what causes that?

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    Rainbow
    Rainbow

Female
    Number of posts : 1292
    Job/hobbies : Job; playing with my dogs. Hobbies; playing with my dogs lol
    Registration date : 2009-02-20

Jumping? Empty Re: Jumping?

Post  Rainbow Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:50 pm

Nope but when it happens to me I'm usually just about to fall off something Jumping? 588401 . Last time I remember it happening I "slipped off" the bottom attic step Jumping? 350287

Post  Guest Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:43 pm

I understood this to be a symptom (not in a negative sense) of the brain changing waveforms as one falls asleep - occasionally the waveform changes before the mind is fully in 'standby' and the jump is because the change is noticed. Having had a little look online, this is perhaps more assumption on my part than fact; that said it is a well recognised, if not fully understood, part of the mind and onset of sleep.

The actual 'jump' is a Hypnic Jerk - Described by Wikipedia here:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypnic_jerk

And the wider-ranging arena of dozing off is covered in rather more detail here. It may be useful if you're having difficulty getting to sleep...
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypnagogia
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:01 pm

Thank you Dilettante, I will make time to look at those links, i've heard people say too that it is something to do with leaving the body at night (some believe this happens every night) and occasionally you are jerked back in very quickly (especially if you're about to get disturbed.)

Post  Guest Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:03 pm

Violet wrote:Thank you Dilettante, I will make time to look at those links, i've heard people say too that it is something to do with leaving the body at night (some believe this happens every night) and occasionally you are jerked back in very quickly (especially if you're about to get disturbed.)

You're welcome.

Certainly, To dream is to enter another world. Jumping? 63420
    sparkly
    sparkly

Female
    Number of posts : 989
    Registration date : 2010-01-26

Post  sparkly Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:14 pm

yes, the brain state in our physical body is related to our mind wandering.....
    but yes it is when we are astrally travelling and we fall (i often trip on a paver sticking out a bit)or get into trouble. sometimes if i would wake a bit early in the morning i would catch myself settling back into my body.
    :giggles: :giggles: :giggles: :giggles: :giggles: :giggles: :giggles: :giggles: :giggles:

(that thing with the toilet roll? i must confess i idly stood by as one of my kittens- who is 1 now- did that a few months back!) :flo: :flo: :flo: :flo: :flo: :flo: :flo: :flo: :flo:
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Fri Dec 17, 2010 9:54 pm

Thanks Sparkly, thankfully my cats haven't discovered the loo rolls Jumping? 809779

sparkly
    sparkly

Female

Post  sparkly Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:08 pm

:astar: awww! but violet, it was so c -ute!
    ok, so i'm a sucker for animals!
    my dog turned 10 last friday, so i cooked him cajun chicken and bought him a pizza.
    :bfs: :bfs: :bfs: :bfs: :bfs: :bfs: :bfs: :bfs: :bfs: :bfs: :bfs: :bfs: :bfs: :bfs: :bfs:
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Sun Jan 02, 2011 1:27 am

Aww ........Happy Birthday to your dog, did he enjoy his supper Jumping? 821538

sparkly
    sparkly

Female

Post  sparkly Sun Jan 02, 2011 3:02 am

you betcha! he reckons he wants eggs on buttered toast soon too. his son enjoyed the meal also. turns out liege prefers hawaiian pizza over meatlover's or vegetarian.
    the cats liked the chicken.
    yep we bought them a cooked chicken for new year's eve. Jumping? 809779 Jumping? 809779 Jumping? 809779 Jumping? 809779 Jumping? 809779 Jumping? 809779
    hope your new year's was a good un. Jumping? 577431 Jumping? 577431 Jumping? 577431 Jumping? 577431

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 3:01 am