Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+8
Panda
PPrncpl7
mac
Lynn
Beware_of_Italics
innerlight
SpiritVoices
Violet
12 posters

Work in the afterlife?

Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Work - Work in the afterlife? Empty Work in the afterlife?

Post  Violet Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:01 pm

Do you believe we have work to do once we cross over? Do you think you would you like to work and if so doing what?? Have you heard of loved ones doing work in the spirit world, as our lovely Joanie has?

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

Work - Work in the afterlife? Empty Re: Work in the afterlife?

Post  SpiritVoices Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:11 pm

After a period of recuperation and settling in,I believe we can prepare for the kind of work we would like to do.
    It may be some kind of work that we have always desired and not able to do while in the physical world.
    I always wanted to learn to play a musical instrument but never had a the chance,mostly the piano,but it was impossible because my parents just couldn't afford to buy one.
    Also a ballet dancer,I have always loved any kind of dancing.
    Anything artistic like painting would do me fine.

Joanie xx
    innerlight
    innerlight
    Elite

Male
    Number of posts : 3817
    Registration date : 2009-02-20

Post  innerlight Sun Mar 13, 2011 5:45 pm

I've actually thought of this question a few times in my spiritual journey. It's all speculation as to what I would be doing, or if I'm supposed to be do something. At this moment in time I would like to help people design their lives on whatever planet or dimension they goto. Helping them pick their souls lessons, and what they want to accomplish in their life before they set out on their journeys.
    Beware_of_Italics
    Beware_of_Italics

Female
    Number of posts : 363
    Registration date : 2011-03-15

Post  Beware_of_Italics Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:24 pm

One word: Yes!
    - My sister used to have dreams about Mom's granny a lot, and she said she had a job over there helping people cross over.
    - My uncle proved to me that we definitely have jobs on The Other Side. It's really cute and kinda funny actually. My grandma (his mother) always told us that when she died she wanted her job in Heaven to be taking care of animals. My uncle didn't know any of this, but after she passed he had this dream about her, and our dog that had passed recently. He said he saw this room lined with rows and rows of little wooden beds. They had names etched into the wood, which reminded him of the beds in "Snow White and the Seven Dwarves." Lol! Next thing he knew, he saw a bed with Bambi's name on it (that was our dog) and she RAN into that room with the biggest smile. She leaped onto the bed, smiling up at my Grandma.
    - Years ago I had a dream where my Grandma was walking ahead of me. (Side note: The dress she wore in my dream, I was in love with b/c it looked so pretty and Victorian-like. A few days later, I saw the exact same dress from my dream in a store and on sale. I've always thought that was a gift from her). Anyway, wherever I was it looked like Venice, Italy. I was walking along the canal with some man that wouldn't stop chatting my ears off. I finally told him that I had to go to work now.
    I have no idea what my job was, but in this dream I was thrilled about whatever job it was. In my waking life, I hate working so at least over there I'll love my job. Work - Work in the afterlife? 28115

Sorry for babbling.... Work - Work in the afterlife? 451437
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:52 pm

What a lovely story,Beware_of_Italics.To think they have their own little beds.
    Fantastic.

Work - Work in the afterlife? 15910
    Joanie xx
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:52 pm

I agree with Joanie, it's a great story thanks for sharing it, it's interesting what you said about the dress and feeling it was a 'gift' from her, that has happened to me too something unexpected has come to me when I least expected it but i've had the feeling it's been 'sent.' Work - Work in the afterlife? 821538

Lynn
    Lynn

Female
    Number of posts : 1467
    Job/hobbies : Retired - Interests Metaphysics
    Registration date : 2010-01-26

Post  Lynn Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:04 am

[quote="Violet"]Do you believe we have work to do once we cross over?

YES, I know that from the work that the contact I have had with them that the learning continues. I know to that one's have come to have interactios with me Dad in Spirit that tell me he is finally doing the WORK he never could open to in life.

Do you think you would you like to work and if so doing what??

I be told in reading after reading I am for now on the last body life for the time being. I am to be Guide to someone next time round. If that be true I am ready for that new challenge JUST so hope I do not get give one as stubborn as me .

Have you heard of loved ones doing work in the spirit world, as our lovely Joanie has?

Blessed to say YES

Lynn
    mac

Male
    Number of posts : 4147
    Job/hobbies : retired
    Registration date : 2010-04-23

Post  mac Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:44 am

Violet wrote:Do you believe we have work to do once we cross over? Do you think you would you like to work and if so doing what?? Have you heard of loved ones doing work in the spirit world, as our lovely Joanie has?

It depends. It depends on what you feel that work is in the etheric. It's not something one has to do for survival! It's an optional matter - unlike in the physical.

Is it work if one chooses to learn something? Is it work if we assist or teach others yet do not become fatigued and enjoy doing it?

As I feel now I'd like to work with kids who pass over before they mature, helping or teaching them as one would in the physical. Or maybe support rescue work.

We'll see.....maybe that's what I used to do there before? Work - Work in the afterlife? 451437

I have no idea what any of my family or friends do now.
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:49 am

mac wrote:
    Violet wrote:Do you believe we have work to do once we cross over? Do you think you would you like to work and if so doing what?? Have you heard of loved ones doing work in the spirit world, as our lovely Joanie has?

It depends. It depends on what you feel that work is in the etheric. It's not something one has to do for survival! It's an optional matter - unlike in the physical.

Is it work if one chooses to learn something? Is it work if we assist or teach others yet do not become fatigued and enjoy doing it?

As I feel now I'd like to work with kids who pass over before they mature, helping or teaching them as one would in the physical. Or maybe support rescue work.

We'll see.....maybe that's what I used to do there before? Work - Work in the afterlife? 451437

I have no idea what any of my family or friends do now.
    My step daughter is working with children,Mac.
    She loved them in life and is now there to welcome them as they pass over into spirit.
    Work - Work in the afterlife? 621623
    Joanie x
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:43 pm

I always ask these questions when i've no answer for myself Work - Work in the afterlife? 809779 I think i'd like to chill out just for a while though, after that?? Hmm i'd have to think about it, I bet there are all kind of things we could do up there that we can't even begin to imagine down here.

mac

Male

Post  mac Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:49 pm

Violet wrote:I always ask these questions when i've no answer for myself Work - Work in the afterlife? 809779 I think i'd like to chill out just for a while though, after that?? Hmm i'd have to think about it, I bet there are all kind of things we could do up there that we can't even begin to imagine down here.

"I bet there are all kind of things we could do up there that we can't even begin to imagine down here." Absolutely! We don't know the half of it.
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:01 pm

I'll be sure to have a good nose at everything Work - Work in the afterlife? 809779

mac

Male

Post  mac Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:15 pm

"My step daughter is working with children,Mac.
    She loved them in life and is now there to welcome them as they pass over into spirit."

An interesting by-the-way...... The only kids to be found in the etheric are those who passed over before they matured into adults in this dimension.Our physical dimension has innumerable unique aspects. Procreation and offspring are, perhaps, the most special and meaningful of our physical experiences and for our spiritual evolvement.

Yet we rarely give them a thought.....
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:44 pm

An interesting coincidence happened to me,Mac.

My g/daughter lost a child in childbirth,it was a little boy.
    He would have been around 6 now,I think.
    A good while ago I heard a child crying,woke me up actually,thinking it was a child outside.
    I 'saw' a small boy standing beside the bed with his hand held out trying to give me something,
    I don't know who he was,until my daughter suggested he may have been the son Becka had lost.
    \Joanie xx
    PPrncpl7

Male
    Number of posts : 418
    Job/hobbies : Retired teacher of Mathematics
    Registration date : 2010-01-27

Post  PPrncpl7 Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:53 pm

Hello Violet
    What a wonderful question!!!
    We continue on our path after this life--we use the lessons we have learnt to advance ourselves!
    This life is a 'learning curve'. Our purpose and our work will continue after we have left this earth plane!
    Peter
    Panda
    Panda

Female
    Number of posts : 65
    Registration date : 2011-02-28

Post  Panda Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:47 pm

Hiya Violet and everyone else!

I believe that you have the choice to work in the afterlife. The afterlife is supposed to be a place of your choice. I do believe that there are ranks in the afterlife... Such as gaurdians or angels! Do you believe that they are working? This is a very good question you have asked! I'm going to think about it more~ Work - Work in the afterlife? 348985
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:19 am

Such as gaurdians or angels! Do you believe that they are working?

Oh yes I think they work very hard with us down here on the earth plane, I think perhaps their kind of work is the hardest.

This is a very good question you have asked! I'm going to think about it more~

I like to post questions that make people think Work - Work in the afterlife? 821538

SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:34 am

I would also like to add,Violet,you keep the home fires burning,indeed. Work - Work in the afterlife? 621623
    Joanie xx
    Blackcrow
    Blackcrow

Number of posts : 62
    Registration date : 2011-02-04

Post  Blackcrow Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:43 pm

Work - Work in the afterlife? 348985 I know from messsages that i have given from spirit, that we do work on the other side ,many have come through and told me what they do in the spirit world,
    a lot of ppl who have passed im tragic circumstances are helping heal others who have passed in the same way,
    Namaste
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:54 pm

And you give marvellous messages,Carron.
    Work - Work in the afterlife? 15910
    Joanie xx
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Sat Mar 19, 2011 2:04 am

Joanie wrote:I would also like to add,Violet,you keep the home fires burning,indeed. Work - Work in the afterlife? 621623
    Joanie xx
    Work - Work in the afterlife? 21581

a lot of ppl who have passed im tragic circumstances are helping heal others who have passed in the same way,

This happens a lot with people on the earth too if some horrible tragedy strikes them or theirs, they often go on to do great things to help others who have been hurt in similar ways, I bet nine out of ten 'helping charities/organisations have been set up in someone's memory.

mac

Male

Post  mac Sat Mar 19, 2011 2:45 am

"This happens a lot with people on the earth too if some horrible tragedy
    strikes them or theirs, they often go on to do great things to help
    others who have been hurt in similar ways....."

As below so above, and vice versa....
    mac

Male

Post  mac Sat Mar 19, 2011 2:54 am

The notion of work often means the 9 to 5 (as it used to be) drudge just to keep body and soul together, to provide a living wage. Enter the etheric and the notion of such work is as alien as the notion of time - neither apply any more.

We don't have to do anything if we don't want to so that anything we do do is by choice and as such is less likely to feel like the work we once knew in-the-body.

For all those we might know about who do work in the etheric there may be 10, 100, 1000, 10,000 or whatever more who don't do anything.

It's an easy trap to fall into by thinking that what is known by a few individuals here about a few individuals over-there can automatically be extrapolated to cover all others in all other dimensions.
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Sat Mar 19, 2011 5:21 am

mac wrote:The notion of work often means the 9 to 5 (as it used to be) drudge just to keep body and soul together, to provide a living wage. Enter the etheric and the notion of such work is as alien as the notion of time - neither apply any more.

We don't have to do anything if we don't want to so that anything we do do is by choice and as such is less likely to feel like the work we once knew in-the-body.

For all those we might know about who do work in the etheric there may be 10, 100, 1000, 10,000 or whatever more who don't do anything.

It's an easy trap to fall into by thinking that what is known by a few individuals here about a few individuals over-there can automatically be extrapolated to cover all others in all other dimensions.

Exactly Mac! How wonderful it will be to do what we desire to do,just to be forced to keep body and soul together.
    I can't wait to get up there. Work - Work in the afterlife? 809779
    Work - Work in the afterlife? 621623
    Joanie
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:41 pm

The notion of work often means the 9 to 5 (as it used to be) drudge just to keep body and soul together, to provide a living wage.

Yeah we'd work if we wanted to rather than having to, and having your pick of anything has to be good.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 3:42 am