Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
peaceandkarma
innerlight
Violet
7 posters

Angels at death?

Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

angels - Angels at death? - Page 3 Empty Angels at death?

Post  Violet Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:28 pm

First topic message reminder :

Do angels draw close when we cross over, on this side just before, are they with us duruing death and there to greet us after, is there an angel who is the 'angel of death'who welcomes us to the otherside?

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

angels - Angels at death? - Page 3 Empty Re: Angels at death?

Post  Violet Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:49 pm

I'll repost the last post here then, here you go...

Yes we know that we can no longer physically see but how do we know that eyes are not used?

Hi Mac
    What eyes would be used? etheric ones? Many mediums can see spirits without using their eyes I believe spirits have the same ability, imo there is no need for any eyes.

Yes discarnates can appear to us in the way we knew them in the physical but that doesn't mean that they don't also appear to one another in much the same fashion....
    That is probably exactly how they do appear to each other, especially in the early days

If we don't have vision, then how is light perceived in the etheric - and why would there be light at all if vision isn't used?
    imo light for us here is totally different to light in the etheric, how does a blind medium see spirits, how does a blindfolded medium see spirits, how do we see spirits and light in meditation, how do we see people who are not physically there and light in dreams, we aren't using our vision in such circumstances but we still 'see' very clearly.

mac

Male
    Number of posts : 4147
    Job/hobbies : retired
    Registration date : 2010-04-23

Post  mac Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:40 am

[quote="Violet"]I'll repost the last post here then, here you go...

Yes we know that we can no longer physically see but how do we know that eyes are not used?

Hi Mac
    What eyes would be used? etheric ones? Many mediums can see spirits without using their eyes I believe spirits have the same ability, imo there is no need for any eyes. If that argument is extrapolated then what parts would our etheric bodies have? Legs aren't needed for locomotion, eyes aren't needed for sight, mouths aren't needed for eating or for speech etc. Yet is taught that we live in an etheric counterpart of our physical body - is it no more than a shell without distinguishing features or any functions?

Yes discarnates can appear to us in the way we knew them in the physical but that doesn't mean that they don't also appear to one another in much the same fashion....
    That is probably exactly how they do appear to each other, especially in the early days Perhaps for quite some time after....?

If we don't have vision, then how is light perceived in the etheric - and why would there be light at all if vision isn't used?
    imo light for us here is totally different to light in the etheric, And presumably etheric eyes would be sensitive to the frequencies of this different light..... how does a blind medium see spirits, how does a blindfolded medium see spirits, not with their physical eyes.... how do we see spirits and light in meditation, how do we see people who are not physically there and light in dreams, we aren't using our vision in such circumstances but we still 'see' very clearly. I think you dislike this word, Violet, but it's complex 'perception' rather than simple vision.....

Bit of a cop-out but I don't have any better vocabulary for explaining these phenomena.
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

Post  SpiritVoices Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:10 am

Glad you brought this old post back,Violet.

Will be interested to read any more replies on this subject and any other explainations on eyes in the spirit world.
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:56 pm

I'll come back to this soon.

skye

Female
    Number of posts : 1256
    Registration date : 2009-09-06

Post  skye Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:49 pm

I wonder if Peter deleted his post because it was off topic, rather than the conversation going off topic?

When we pass into the world of spirit it is said we have a spirit or etheric body which is an exact replica of our physical one. We somehow retain our memories, personality, annoying habits etc. Life in the spirit world is performed by thought form, we think of someone or a place and we are instantly there. Gordon Higginson, the late President of the Spiritual National Union, as well as a first class medium, once said spirit hear our thoughts, they can't see us. I suspect it's much like we can't see them unless we blend into their vibration, unless they actually manifest through a trance medium like Maurice Barbanell. To see spirit we use our etheric eyes, not our physical ones. When mediums speak about seeing spirits objectively, they are still seeing them by using their spirit eyes. The physical cannot see the spiritual, our range of physical sight is limited, and this has from what i've heard been proved by scientists.

To be honest a spirit has never come through and spoke about being in the light. Maybe the light refers to the vibrational frequency rather than a light per se? Just a thought!

Last edited by skye on Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:11 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : additonal words that I forgot to put in text)
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

Post  SpiritVoices Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:14 pm

Interesting material,Skye.

So we use Etheric eyes,rather thought it would be something like that.

Thanks my friend!

Joanie x
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:50 pm

Maybe the light refers to the vibrational frequency rather than a light per se?

That makes sense to me Skye, I do believe spirits can 'see' us though, with their etheric eyes.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 3:51 am