Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

When you slip 'out'

Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

When you slip 'out' Empty When you slip ''out''

Post  Violet Sun May 17, 2009 11:11 pm

I just wondered are your senses extremely sharpened /heightened such as hearing for example?

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

When you slip 'out' Empty Re: When you slip 'out'

Post  Violet Fri May 22, 2009 12:45 am

anyone? :scratch:

Squatchit
    Squatchit

Female
    Number of posts : 95
    Job/hobbies : Wasting time
    Registration date : 2010-01-26

Post  Squatchit Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:53 pm

Hiya Violet

Just before 'leaving the body', there is a period where you experience hypnagogic sensations. Typically sounds, but also visuals and occasionally touch.

Sounds can appear to be extremely close. Such as hearing a radio as if it is in the room. Or footsteps down the hallway, and so on.

Once you have separated, the racket tends to stop. But as you go about your adventure, senses can be heightened. For instance, I have experienced 360 degree vision. I've also heard a conversation that was going on in a building some quarter of a mile away from me. Touch can be heightened, pain can be felt (although if you are ultra lucid, you can focus on the pain and realise it isn't actual pain).

Smell and taste tend to be very poor quality, at least in my experiences.

Hope this helps. When you slip 'out' 28115

Love Squatch
    Lightseeker
    Lightseeker

Male
    Number of posts : 258
    Registration date : 2010-01-27

Post  Lightseeker Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:03 pm

Hello Violet,
    I find that my eyesight has improved in the respect that I can read without My Glasses, Which I suppose can be regarded as an improvement in one of my senses at least. Aside from that , I am often quiet impressed at just how real such environments are, The Floors and Walls seem solid, The People and the Sights seem real, The Sounds seem real. Every but as much as my waking self experiences.
    Though I must agree with Squatchits experience in the respect that I seem to have absolutely no sense of smell at all, Even in Dreams , odours seem not to figure. Which is as you will know quiet odd especially because Spirit often communicate to my waking state using smell.
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:57 am

Thank you both for your replies, Lightseeker what you said about taste and smell in dreams both of those are very strong for me in dreams, isn't it strange how we're all so different

Squatchit
    Squatchit

Female
    Number of posts : 95
    Job/hobbies : Wasting time

Post  Squatchit Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:36 am

Violet wrote:taste and smell in dreams both of those are very strong for me in dreams, isn't it strange how we're all so different

Hiya Violet

How curious. That's the first time I've ever heard someone say that. Most of the dreamers I've come across (in real life - dreaming forums and the like) say that smell and taste are practically non-existent.

You must be the exception. An exceptional Violet! When you slip 'out' 449294

Love Squatch
    neptune13
    neptune13

Female
    Number of posts : 108

Post  neptune13 Sun Feb 07, 2010 4:17 am

...In Dreams "Taste is something I experience When you slip 'out' 572608 "..I have been looking forward to using that cake in one of my posts When you slip 'out' 28115

When I first experienced "Astral Travel" many years ago I was so afraid at that time that I grabbed my "Mums" hand so that I couldn't leave...

Years later when I was ready to experience this, I couldn't go past my "Ceiling"...I tried, I even opened the ceiling and almost made it through only to be woken up.

The most I managed was just past my roof...

I would like to try it again but don't know how...

Any suggestions would be appreciated When you slip 'out' 28115

neptune13...
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:43 pm

Squatchit wrote:
    Violet wrote:taste and smell in dreams both of those are very strong for me in dreams, isn't it strange how we're all so different

Hiya Violet

How curious. That's the first time I've ever heard someone say that. Most of the dreamers I've come across (in real life - dreaming forums and the like) say that smell and taste are practically non-existent.

You must be the exception. An exceptional Violet! When you slip 'out' 449294

Love Squatch

When you slip 'out' 809779 I can feel things too but that isn't very pleasant sometimes, I had an awful nightmare once.

Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:45 pm

neptune13 wrote:...In Dreams "Taste is something I experience When you slip 'out' 572608 "..I have been looking forward to using that cake in one of my posts When you slip 'out' 28115

When I first experienced "Astral Travel" many years ago I was so afraid at that time that I grabbed my "Mums" hand so that I couldn't leave...

Years later when I was ready to experience this, I couldn't go past my "Ceiling"...I tried, I even opened the ceiling and almost made it through only to be woken up.

The most I managed was just past my roof...

I would like to try it again but don't know how...

Any suggestions would be appreciated When you slip 'out' 28115

neptune13...

I'm open to suggestions too it seems the more I try the more I fail though I did feel as though I was about to go the other night without trying but it was like as soon as I realised it stopped When you slip 'out' 831496

Lynn
    Lynn

Female
    Number of posts : 1467
    Job/hobbies : Retired - Interests Metaphysics

Post  Lynn Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:30 am

Hello

I woudl say it be different for all one's would depend on what level one has senses in the physical to some dergee and maybe not using them fully.

I know someone that reads by "smell" he can read me like no other but by the emotional changes the body gives off. He has been teaching me to use that animal instinct we put on the back burner some as we moved forward. Its very useful at times. Too at other time some sure need to bath more. Now when I be out on a walk I am more able to use me eyes and ears and have the nose more stear the way on if I be safe.

When I astral to work on say a murder case I have all 5 senses with me so if the one be shot I feel that in the physical as pressure and at times a pain. Not as intense as the one would in the flesh but there. Helps one to understand what is going on and at times show the one they are gone from the physical body.
    Are mine hightened I would wonder on that as I have always relied on me senses. Having partial hearing loss and being often lost in thought on a walk, I had to learn to use other protections to guide me some.

Lynn

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 7:54 pm