Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

I'm curious about nettles...

Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

I'm curious about nettles... Empty I'm curious about nettles...

Post  Violet Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:48 pm

I saw some people wearing nettle necklaces and such recently and thought it was a great idea, they look good too, so while i'm on the lookout for a book about nettles does anyone know any more? How to harvest them (without getting stungI'm curious about nettles... 809779 ) and their other uses. There is a patch of nettles I have my eye on but I need to know a bit more first, thanks in advance.

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    Rainbow
    Rainbow

Female
    Number of posts : 1292
    Job/hobbies : Job; playing with my dogs. Hobbies; playing with my dogs lol
    Registration date : 2009-02-20

I'm curious about nettles... Empty Re: I'm curious about nettles...

Post  Rainbow Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:39 pm

All I know is you can brew them and have nettle tea. Oh and to stop you getting stung.... get someone else to pick them :evil1:

I'm curious about nettles... 415540 There is always a bright side to every situation, you just have to look for it. I'm curious about nettles... 415540
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Post  Violet Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:42 pm

I'm curious about nettles... 809779I'd heard there was a certain part of them where you can grab them safelyI'm curious about nettles... 229495 probably better just using rubber gloves actually, when do they lose their sting though? When they dry out?

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    Rainbow
    Rainbow

Female
    Number of posts : 1292
    Job/hobbies : Job; playing with my dogs. Hobbies; playing with my dogs lol
    Registration date : 2009-02-20

Post  Rainbow Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:43 pm

I think it's the stem that stings. The leaves should be ok but rubber gloves will be useless. Get some nice thick gardening gloves :rainbow:

I'm curious about nettles... 415540 There is always a bright side to every situation, you just have to look for it. I'm curious about nettles... 415540

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 1:07 pm