Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
paula
Raven
1antique
Violet
8 posters

Are you afraid of death and dying?

Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

death - Are you afraid of death and dying? Empty Are you afraid of death and dying?

Post  Violet Wed May 27, 2009 1:04 am

Does death in general scare you, does thinking about your own death scare or worry you, or do you just worry about how you will die?

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    1antique
    1antique
    Elite

Male
    Number of posts : 3378
    Job/hobbies : Searching For The Truth
    Registration date : 2009-02-18

death - Are you afraid of death and dying? Empty Re: Are you afraid of death and dying?

Post  1antique Wed May 27, 2009 1:14 am

As a believer, I welcome the opportunity to close out my duties here and be able to go home to the peace and rest awaiting me there. How could anyone be afraid to face the perfection that awaits them on the other side?
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

death - Are you afraid of death and dying? Empty Re: Are you afraid of death and dying?

Post  Violet Wed May 27, 2009 1:38 am

That side of it doesn't worry me at all, it's just the bit before I set off on that journey which worries me, i'm a total coward when it comes to pain and that's what scares me, dying a painful death, which is quite selfish when you think of the torture some endure and often for months before their release.

1antique
    1antique
    Elite

Male

Post  1antique Wed May 27, 2009 2:09 am

This is so true, violet. The part leading up to going home can suck REALLY bad sometimes. I plan on dieing of a massive heart attack in my sleep...or having a major stroke and becoming a complete vegetable....... :eek: :awed:
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Wed May 27, 2009 2:13 am

I think i'd want to go in my sleep too

1antique
    1antique
    Elite

Male

Post  1antique Wed May 27, 2009 2:27 am

Anything that is fast and relatively painless......
    Raven
    Raven

Female
    Number of posts : 72
    Job/hobbies : Writing
    Registration date : 2009-05-18

Post  Raven Fri May 29, 2009 2:47 am

I've been scared of death and dying on and off all my life, especially up until about a year ago but now... Well apart from some things changing there's also going through the experience of being scared to go to sleep every night because you think you won't wake up ever again or actually feeling like you're dying every day.

Going through that every day for long enough, I just found I reached a point where the actual dying part doesn't scare me like it used to. I've made peace with it finally and am probably a bit curious about the process now. Not that I want to die of course, I have too much I still want to do!
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Fri May 29, 2009 3:18 am

It's good you aren't as scared any more, and no please don't leave us yet :giggles:
    When I talk about stuff like this away from here, I get told i'm morbid :scratch: i've decided people aren't just afraid of death they're afraid of discussing it too, I think it's natural to think about it now and again.

paula

Female
    Number of posts : 33
    Registration date : 2009-05-22

Post  paula Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:12 pm

Raven wrote:I've been scared of death and dying on and off all my life, especially up until about a year ago but now... Well apart from some things changing there's also going through the experience of being scared to go to sleep every night because you think you won't wake up ever again or actually feeling like you're dying every day.

Going through that every day for long enough, I just found I reached a point where the actual dying part doesn't scare me like it used to. I've made peace with it finally and am probably a bit curious about the process now. Not that I want to die of course, I have too much I still want to do!

i truthfully do not know how i feel about it......
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:14 pm

Perhaps that's a good thing paula, to not know how you feel, I know of people who are terrified of death to a point that it affects their lives, but I know others who will welcome it (at the right time of course.)

paula

Female
    Number of posts : 33
    Registration date : 2009-05-22

Post  paula Tue Jun 09, 2009 5:02 pm

Violet wrote:Perhaps that's a good thing paula, to not know how you feel, I know of people who are terrified of death to a point that it affects their lives, but I know others who will welcome it (at the right time of course.)

lol, of course at the right time!
    yesterday i felt was that time (not really it just seemed that way)but today.....naw......
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:33 am

You sound like you need one of these :hugz: paula, hope today has been better for you :asmile:

Aura

Female
    Number of posts : 148
    Registration date : 2011-10-23

Post  Aura Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:20 am

no. not scared of death as it isnt death as i'll still be living. just hope it will be peaceful. but not scared of passing over as i'd be going home to family and loved ones and lots to do. a much more wonderful energetic world! thats not death, thats truly living!
    Lynn
    Lynn

Female
    Number of posts : 1467
    Job/hobbies : Retired - Interests Metaphysics
    Registration date : 2010-01-26

Post  Lynn Mon Oct 24, 2011 3:33 am

Hello

Dont worry about a blooming thing death is not the end but just a transition. Having had an NDE the next time will simply be the real event.

How death comes to pass whom is to say, will one go quietly in one's sleep or linger on for a time suffering some....matters not really its all part of the Soul's process of experience.

Lynn
    feather
    feather

Female
    Number of posts : 1166
    Registration date : 2010-07-07

Post  feather Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:13 am

The part that I have trouble with is not dying itself ...(I feel it is .... like having a baby...once the process is begun....you just have to 'roll up the sleeves' and get on with it...no one else can do it for you).

No... I find death interesting and I'm curious about experiencing it.

My fear lies in what the effect will be on family ....I would not wish my passing to give too much pain to them....but that is something that cannot be avoided.
    Topaz
    Topaz

Female
    Number of posts : 119
    Registration date : 2011-05-21

Post  Topaz Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:31 am

Having seen some pretty horrendous deaths, I would say that the process of dying scares the whatsits out of me, but death doesn't. I just hope that when the time comes, it is with dignity and without pain.
    Aura

Female
    Number of posts : 148
    Registration date : 2011-10-23

Post  Aura Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:15 pm

ture topaz. i just pray for a peaceful passing x

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 10:48 pm