Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
gilly
PEACE
6 posters

physical mediumship

PEACE

Female
    Number of posts : 186
    Job/hobbies : MOTHER AND SPIRITUAL TRAVERLER
    Registration date : 2010-07-01

physical mediumship Empty physical mediumship

Post  PEACE Mon Dec 19, 2011 5:35 pm

Hii wondered if anyone knows about physical mediumship as an advert jumped out at me for a meeting in my local area.Can anyone tell me what happens and their experiences and is this the sign from spirit i asked for? love and lightxxxxx
    gilly
    gilly

Male
    Number of posts : 851
    Job/hobbies : Writing Sci/Fi and Fantasy
    Registration date : 2011-11-11

physical mediumship Empty Re: physical mediumship

Post  gilly Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:00 pm

PEACE wrote:Hii wondered if anyone knows about physical mediumship as an advert jumped out at me for a meeting in my local area.Can anyone tell me what happens and their experiences and is this the sign from spirit i asked for? love and lightxxxxx

Hi Peace

Physical mediumship is I believe when the medium allows spirit to take over his or her body. The spirit then communicates to the assembled company through the body/voice of the medium.

I have only once experienced this and was not impressed--the medium used a mechanical voice box to enhance his voice. The voice was totally different to the guys voice at the start before he went into trance.

The event was staged at my local church and it was noticable that the front 3 rows were not regulars that I knew--and most importantly ALL the messages were for those in the front 3 rows.

Do not let this put you off I have been told by others that this was not typical. If you get the opportunity attend such a gathering and decide for yourself.

PPLLnL

Peter
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

Post  SpiritVoices Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:17 pm

gilly wrote:
    PEACE wrote:Hii wondered if anyone knows about physical mediumship as an advert jumped out at me for a meeting in my local area.Can anyone tell me what happens and their experiences and is this the sign from spirit i asked for? love and lightxxxxx

Hi Peace

Physical mediumship is I believe when the medium allows spirit to take over his or her body. The spirit then communicates to the assembled company through the body/voice of the medium.

I have only once experienced this and was not impressed--the medium used a mechanical voice box to enhance his voice. The voice was totally different to the guys voice at the start before he went into trance.

The event was staged at my local church and it was noticable that the front 3 rows were not regulars that I knew--and most importantly ALL the messages were for those in the front 3 rows.

Do not let this put you off I have been told by others that this was not typical. If you get the opportunity attend such a gathering and decide for yourself.

PPLLnL

Peter

I noticed that once before,Peter.

Though not attending a PM demonstration.

Visiting a local medium who was very well known in the community. The first two rows were filled with his 'fan club' and seemed to be the only folks apart from one or two others,to receive messages.

I have also witnessed that in the local spiritualist church.

Regular members who attend each week seem to be given messages again and again.
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:18 pm

Sorry,off topic here,my apoligies.

physical mediumship 160943
    gilly
    gilly

Male
    Number of posts : 851
    Job/hobbies : Writing Sci/Fi and Fantasy
    Registration date : 2011-11-11

Post  gilly Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:34 am

Joanie wrote:Sorry,off topic here,my apoligies.

Hi Joanie

A valid addition to the convo on this thread IMO!!

We must say what we feel and what comes to us!

No apology needed dear lady

PPLLnL

Peter
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:59 am

gilly wrote:
    Joanie wrote:Sorry,off topic here,my apoligies.

Hi Joanie

A valid addition to the convo on this thread IMO!!

We must say what we feel and what comes to us!

No apology needed dear lady

PPLLnL

Peter

Thank you,Peter.

physical mediumship 621623
    zerdini

Male
    Number of posts : 611
    Registration date : 2011-01-28

Post  zerdini Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:04 pm

gilly wrote:

Hi Peace

PPLLnL

Peter

That is NOT physical mediumship, Peter.

Physical mediumship is Independent Direct Voice (see www.lesliflint.com) and materialisation ( see Alec Harris by typing his name into Google for full information).
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:22 pm

gilly wrote:

Hi Peace

PPLLnL

Peter

Just pop on the internet,Peter.

Ask for Physical Mediumship.

It will give you all the information you require.

physical mediumship 182340
    zerdini

Male
    Number of posts : 611
    Registration date : 2011-01-28

Post  zerdini Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:51 pm

Joanie wrote:
    gilly wrote:

Hi Peace

PPLLnL

Peter

Just pop on the internet,Peter.

Ask for Physical Mediumship.

It will give you all the information you require.

physical mediumship 182340

No it won't. There is a difference between physical mediumship which I've already stated and physical phenomena.

The internet can be a source of much misleading information regarding Spiritualism and mediumship.
    ChloeBell1313
    ChloeBell1313

Female
    Number of posts : 29
    Registration date : 2012-07-12

Post  ChloeBell1313 Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:14 pm

In my experience and what ive learned in my classes, physical mediumship encompasses a plethora of physical phenomena.

Including but not limited to:
    Table Tipping
    Trumpet Work
    Cabinet Work
    Trance Work
    Direct or Indirect Voice
    Transfiguration
    Materialization
    etc.

I am studying to become a physical medium including all of the areas listed above.
    mac

Male
    Number of posts : 4147
    Job/hobbies : retired
    Registration date : 2010-04-23

Post  mac Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:27 pm

ChloeBell1313 wrote:In my experience and what ive learned in my classes, physical mediumship encompasses a plethora of physical phenomena.

Table Tipping
    Trumpet Work
    Cabinet Work
    Trance Work
    Direct or Indirect Voice
    Transfiguration
    Materialization
    etc.

I am studying to become a physical medium including all of the areas listed above.

I suggest you study everything you can to better understand the aspects you're hoping to become competent in. It may not be as straightforward as you're thinking to become proficient in even one let alone most or all of the fields.

There have always been few accomplished physical mediums and although that wouldn't prevent success for yourself, it may indicate how unusual it is generally.
    ChloeBell1313
    ChloeBell1313

Female
    Number of posts : 29
    Registration date : 2012-07-12

Post  ChloeBell1313 Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:36 pm

mac wrote:
    ChloeBell1313 wrote:In my experience and what ive learned in my classes, physical mediumship encompasses a plethora of physical phenomena.

Table Tipping
    Trumpet Work
    Cabinet Work
    Trance Work
    Direct or Indirect Voice
    Transfiguration
    Materialization
    etc.

I suggest you study everything you can to better understand the aspects you're hoping to become competent in. It may not be as straightforward as you're thinking to become proficient in even one let alone most or all of the fields.

There have always been few accomplished physical mediums and although that wouldn't prevent success for yourself, it may indicate how unusual it is generally.

I understand its not super straight forward or easy. However, I do work with what i regard as accomplished physical mediums as it is, multiples of them. So I many just be lucky, but know of more then a handful of them.

I was also singled out in a group by spirit as being someone with the abilities to suceed in physical mediumship.
    mac

Male
    Number of posts : 4147
    Job/hobbies : retired
    Registration date : 2010-04-23

Post  mac Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:48 pm

ChloeBell1313 wrote:
    mac wrote:

Table Tipping
    Trumpet Work
    Cabinet Work
    Trance Work
    Direct or Indirect Voice
    Transfiguration
    Materialization
    etc.

I understand its not super straight forward or easy. However, I do work with what i regard as accomplished physical mediums as it is, multiples of them. So I many just be lucky, but know of more then a handful of them.

I was also singled out in a group by spirit as being someone with the abilities to suceed in physical mediumship.

You are indeed fortunate to have so many physical mediums around to help and support you.

Table Tipping isn't actually mediumship but Trumpet and Cabinet Work are often associated with ectoplasm production which would be.

Trance Work isn't physical mediumship but Transfiguration and Materialization are.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 1:29 pm