Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
Beware_of_Italics
SpiritVoices
Violet
7 posters

Resident ghosts

Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Ghosts - Resident ghosts Empty Resident ghosts

Post  Violet Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:14 pm

Have you ever had one which has eventually just seemed to up and leave or perhaps we just get so used to them we just don't notice them any more?

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

Ghosts - Resident ghosts Empty Re: Resident ghosts

Post  SpiritVoices Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:12 pm

I don't think I have had any resident ghosts,Violet.

Unless you count the old man who we used to hear on first moving into a bungalow we bought years ago.
    We used to hear bangs and knocks coming from the loft at times.
    We found out later he was looking for his wife who passed before him.
    I remember hubby becoming more frustrated as the noises grew louder,so he decided to visit the loft shortly after we moved in and 'advised the old man to move on'.
    The noises stopped after that!

:giggles:
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:54 pm

So your hubby evicted your resident ghostGhosts - Resident ghosts 809779 he did right though if he was disturbing you to that level.

SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

Post  SpiritVoices Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:55 pm

To be honest,Violet,we thought we had a hole in the roof!
    :giggles:
    That was why Ken originally went up to the loft to check.
    It was later he sensed the old man around.
    We knew that the present owner had died.
    That's why the bungalow was put on sale and we jumped at it,because of the low price.
    :blush:
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:27 pm

Yes, some like to stay in what they still see as their own home.

I hear things in my loft a night sometimes, it doesn't worry me though.Ghosts - Resident ghosts 809779

Beware_of_Italics
    Beware_of_Italics

Female
    Number of posts : 363
    Registration date : 2011-03-15

Post  Beware_of_Italics Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:00 am

My sister had a young girl spirit in her house. She was an elementary student of hers I think, and I know she lived on their street. (I even saw her once, and I had no idea my sister was being haunted by this girl). She was making A LOT of racket at night. My sister's kids even noticed it. Finally, my sister told her she has to sleep b/c she has work in the mornings but that she can stay only if she respects her house rules. No more racket. My sister went all "teacher mode" on her, and it seemed to work because the next day after school - while she and the kids were cooking supper - they all hear the little girl say "Buh-Bye!" Hearing her didn't even scare the kids.

My sister thought she had moved on, but that evening her husband saw the little girl. (Scared him so bad because he is not a fan at all of this stuff). Our guess is thst she was telling him goodbye, too, because none of them have felt her presence since.
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:05 am

That's all it takes to move them on for the most part, or at least quieten them down, firmness, seems the little girl didn't like the rulesGhosts - Resident ghosts 809779

mia
    mia

Female
    Number of posts : 1741
    Job/hobbies : Carer Support Worker
    Registration date : 2009-07-27

Post  mia Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:03 pm

I had a couple of resident spirits, if thats what they were.
    I moved two on after son told me the who, what and why of them.
    I still have a Sir Alfred in my copse, he is happy where he is and comes and goes.
    And the cat who followed us from our previous home and a dog who pops up now and then.
    Beware_of_Italics
    Beware_of_Italics

Female

Post  Beware_of_Italics Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:50 am

We have a cat, too. Forgot about that. It used to only hang out in or near my bedroom, but now it's been known to visit the neighbors across the street. Ghosts - Resident ghosts 809779 Our neighbor was walking down the stairs when they almost tripped over it. It comes and goes nowadays. It doesn't seem to be as skittish around us as it used to be, but it isn't hanging around here as much as it used to. I have no idea whose cat it was. This is a new house, so its anyone's guess. Could have been a neighbor's pet, died on the land here when the houses were being built, etc.

This might sound boring, but for some reason I think it's so interesting. I used to think it was a black cat, but then one night I saw it come into my room while I was reading. (It's tail was up and it was just walking beside my bed towards my armoir). I noticed that it was actually gray, and there was this MIST swirling inside of it. It was so strange. A few months later, my Mom saw it next to my foot. She told me it looked gray as well.
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:50 am

Speaking of animal 'residents,' your own or others' have you ever felt them get on your bed?Ghosts - Resident ghosts 809779

Kristin

This might sound boring, but for some reason I think it's so interesting. I used to think it was a black cat, but then one night I saw it come into my room while I was reading. (It's tail was up and it was just walking beside my bed towards my armoir). I noticed that it was actually gray, and there was this MIST swirling inside of it. It was so strange. A few months later, my Mom saw it next to my foot. She told me it looked gray as well.

could this be a power animal type thing, perhaps the cat is 'with you' rather than 'around you'?

Resonator
    Resonator

Male
    Number of posts : 358
    Job/hobbies : Recycler
    Registration date : 2012-01-24

Post  Resonator Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:05 am

I once had a black cat. My last recollection was of it passing my me in a dream and heading into the cosmos.

A more noble creature I have yet to meet. Ghosts - Resident ghosts 847787939
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:31 am

Black cats are gorgeous, I had a thing for black cats for years as a young 'un, and have always had at least one black cat since I left home, the first 'power animal' I encoutered was a black panther, there's something special about cats of any size.

Resonator
    Resonator

Male
    Number of posts : 358
    Job/hobbies : Recycler
    Registration date : 2012-01-24

Post  Resonator Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:41 am

Violet wrote:Black cats are gorgeous, I had a thing for black cats for years as a young 'un, and have always had at least one black cat since I left home, the first 'power animal' I encoutered was a black panther, there's something special about cats of any size.
    Indeed.
    Beware_of_Italics
    Beware_of_Italics

Female

Post  Beware_of_Italics Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:59 pm

I've never thought of it as a power animal, but I really think it's just the spirit of some random kitty. It even hangs out with the neighbor's now. (Well, at least once that I know of). My mother has seen it, and so has my sister. Even my niece saw it, and we told her absolutely nothing about it. She said it was in my room.

And black panthers (and bobcats)... seriously freak me out. I read once that the animal that frightens you the most is our most powerful totem. A shadow totem? I think that's what they called them. My favorite animal, however, would have to be the lion. Not tigers, but lions. I could watch (and listen to) them for hours.
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:07 pm

And black panthers (and bobcats)... seriously freak me out. I read once that the animal that frightens you the most is our most powerful totem. A shadow totem? I think that's what they called them. My favorite animal, however, would have to be the lion. Not tigers, but lions. I could watch (and listen to) them for hours.

That's interesting, the animal which freaks me out the most is the horse. I know someone else who loves lions, i'm a cat lover but lions never appealed to me funny how we're all so different.

Beware_of_Italics
    Beware_of_Italics

Female

Post  Beware_of_Italics Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:16 pm

I LOVE cats, and my family hates them. (It's the litter box more than anything). I love horses, too, but my mother LOOOVES them. Whenever we go to Disney World, we always spend a lot of time hanging out with the horses at Fort Wilderness. It's so peaceful there. Mom and I both wish we lived there.

Oh! I forgot to mention earlier that I have felt animals jump up on my bed. Many times. It's never frightening.
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:17 pm

Litter trays are gross, but a necessary evil with cats, but what really bugs is when they come in fromoutside and use the traysGhosts - Resident ghosts 258595

No i've never found it frightening either it's kind of comfortingGhosts - Resident ghosts 821538

Assumpta
    Assumpta

Female
    Number of posts : 333
    Job/hobbies : Retired, love reading, writing, cross-stitch and all things spiritual
    Registration date : 2011-06-23

Post  Assumpta Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:25 pm

When we lived in Rushden in Northants we had two resident ghosts in our house. They were a mother and daughter who had been murdered by the father who was prone to blackouts and didn't know what he was doing when he had them. They used to appear to our son Jonathan who really didn't mind them at all. My husband saw the mother one evening and thought it was me at the top of the stairs, evidently she was my height and hair colouring. We got so used to doors opening, radios being turned on that it really didn't bother us at all. As far as I know they are still there.

Ghosts - Resident ghosts 348985
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:39 pm

I think most times they won't trouble you, and they must be curious when someone 'invades' their home.

Assumpta
    Assumpta

Female
    Number of posts : 333
    Job/hobbies : Retired, love reading, writing, cross-stitch and all things spiritual
    Registration date : 2011-06-23

Post  Assumpta Sun Mar 18, 2012 12:37 pm

I quite agree Violet, in our cave house here in Spain we have a couple of spirits that obviously like to see what we're up to Ghosts - Resident ghosts 809779
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:34 pm

It seems nosiness is something we don't lose when we passGhosts - Resident ghosts 809779

Lynn
    Lynn

Female
    Number of posts : 1467
    Job/hobbies : Retired - Interests Metaphysics
    Registration date : 2010-01-26

Post  Lynn Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:10 pm

Hello

I have a few that are always around and I know well they are here and safe....by choice to be here. Become a part of life actually so ye just embrace they are present. When they become silent that is when I do wonder....and will ask on them.

Has there been any simply vanish.....yes as they simply were not getting the reactions or attentions sought. I have had some playful ones' that well I be glad they are gone. I had one Sunday again at Church that FELT they could once again HELP with setup....and knocked a light out of the storage onto the floor. Seems they did not realize I was DOING a different set up. SO some help is good at times and some well is not so good.

Lynn
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:13 pm

Become a part of life actually so ye just embrace they are present.
    Yes Lynn this type can be nice to have aroundGhosts - Resident ghosts 15910

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 8:33 am