Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+8
zerdini
Beware_of_Italics
gilly
SpiritVoices
mac
Violet
1antique
CW
12 posters

God is going to get you.....

CW
    CW

Female
    Number of posts : 734
    Registration date : 2010-10-14

God is going to get you..... Empty God is going to get you.....

Post  CW Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:26 pm

Hello forum, I truly need help in this area. It makes my blood boil to hear people speak of God as a condemning punisher who has only anger instead of Love for humans. Especially those who try to convince me that God is some kind of monster that is going to pour out his fierce anger upon me if I don't be good. God is going to get you..... 609912. Who are the good ones? Can anyone be good continuously, without cease or error?

Love to all....
    1antique
    1antique
    Elite

Male
    Number of posts : 3378
    Job/hobbies : Searching For The Truth
    Registration date : 2009-02-18

God is going to get you..... Empty Re: God is going to get you.....

Post  1antique Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:45 pm

Fear, hysteria and brainwashing have always been excellent ways to control the masses. But, thankfully, people are slowly beginning to wake up and realize that much of what religion has been shteaching for eons is merely propaganda designed to control.
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Post  Violet Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:44 pm

Hi CW it's maddening, and what's worse is people believe such nonsense, no one is all good just as no one is all bad we're all human, yes we can make bad choices but we need to be able to do that to learn and grow from it and even teach others from it. God is not the monster, the people who prey on people in this way are closer to monsters, but they too are human making their chioces, though it is little more than bullying which actually makes them less than perfect imo.

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:46 pm

If people are saying such things to you i'd tell them that the god you know and love would never do such a thing.

mac

Male
    Number of posts : 4147
    Job/hobbies : retired
    Registration date : 2010-04-23

Post  mac Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:22 pm

I'm either gettin' so old I no longer can be bothered with all that stuff or I've grown mellow and am content to just leave the nutters to themselves... God is going to get you..... 809779
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:20 pm

mac wrote:I'm either gettin' so old I no longer can be bothered with all that stuff or I've grown mellow and am content to just leave the nutters to themselves... God is going to get you..... 809779

It's funny how little of what would have bothered us at twenty bothers us at..erm.... laterGod is going to get you..... 809779

mac

Male

Post  mac Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:05 am

Violet wrote:
    mac wrote:I'm either gettin' so old I no longer can be bothered with all that stuff or I've grown mellow and am content to just leave the nutters to themselves... God is going to get you..... 809779

It's funny how little of what would have bothered us at twenty bothers us at..erm.... laterGod is going to get you..... 809779

Well I'm 64 and a half!

I'm even less bothered by 'stuff' than I was a couple of years back when I was a 'crusader' on the forum boards. I still have my moments but largely I can't be bothered to battle to make my point - although others might disagree. God is going to get you..... 451437
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

Post  SpiritVoices Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:59 am

I feel as I grow older,those subjects that made us angry,fail to raise our interest now.

I for one,shrug my shoulders and walk away.
    Judging by my own life,God has been pretty good to me.
    gilly
    gilly

Male
    Number of posts : 851
    Job/hobbies : Writing Sci/Fi and Fantasy
    Registration date : 2011-11-11

Post  gilly Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:11 am

CW wrote:Hello forum, I truly need help in this area. It makes my blood boil to hear people speak of God as a condemning punisher who has only anger instead of Love for humans. Especially those who try to convince me that God is some kind of monster that is going to pour out his fierce anger upon me if I don't be good. God is going to get you..... 609912. Who are the good ones? Can anyone be good continuously, without cease or error?

Love to all....

All organised religeons 'personalise' the idea of God. Once you personalise the 'supreme being' you make god human!! That is why the 'fundamentalists' in all religeons talk of a god who will do all sorts of nasties to those who err.

For my part I ignore and send out a healing thought to such people for they have missed a very important point. WE are all here to 'LEARN' we will succeed or fail and will not know until we enter the next level of existance. When there we will progress or make ammends for ou wrong doings. We may even have to come back and try again.

The above is my belief--I also believe totally that none of us in this earth plane knows the full truth--if we knew it would undermine the purpose of our being here.

So CW do not despair--do your best and do not fear the wrath of spirit at any level. Try and do always what you feel is right - only then will you be able to fulfill your purpose.

PPLLnL

Peter
    CW
    CW

Female

Post  CW Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:14 pm

Your comments are precious to me, I value the lessons I learn here on God is going to get you..... 408815 I respect the belief of others even if it differ from my own. I don't feel there is a right or wrong way to experience life as Violet and Gilly stated "we are here to learn." Mac I'm 52, and still mellowing out, its the people who choose to pester, solicit and practically shove their beliefs upon others that annoy me the most. This is why I love spiritual inspiration, Violet couldn't have chosen a better name for our forum. I hope we are here to inspire, rather than teach. I lean from all of you each time I participate in a thread. This is why I am grateful and respect that which I don't understand. I'm at the point now where if someone wants to shove, I'm ready to shove back. I've never an aggressive person and hopefully one day I'll get tired of shoving back and mellow out too..

Love to all...
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:22 pm

CW wrote:Your comments are precious to me, I value the lessons I learn here on God is going to get you..... 408815 I respect the belief of others even if it differ from my own. I don't feel there is a right or wrong way to experience life as Violet and Gilly stated "we are here to learn." Mac I'm 52, and still mellowing out, its the people who choose to pester, solicit and practically shove their beliefs upon others that annoy me the most. This is why I love spiritual inspiration, Violet couldn't have chosen a better name for our forum. I hope we are here to inspire, rather than teach. I lean from all of you each time I participate in a thread. This is why I am grateful and respect that which I don't understand. I'm at the point now where if someone wants to shove, I'm ready to shove back. I've never an aggressive person and hopefully one day I'll get tired of shoving back and mellow out too..

Love to all...

Hear,hear,CW.
    I agree.
    Though sometimes,I feel like giving a little 'shove' depending on what we have to suffer.
    :happy:
    mac

Male

Post  mac Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:00 pm

I'm thankful that in the main I don't even want to shove back as I used to want to do - and frequently did!

Now I'll discuss and debate until there's nothing left to say provided that others will do that with me. I'm relieved to find that now I can walk away when others don't have the ability to, or any intention of, discussing individual points.

I do still get frustrated, though, when others won't respond to specific points but rant on about personal beliefs or experiences as a reply. I think that's likely to annoy me for years to come.
    gilly
    gilly

Male
    Number of posts : 851
    Job/hobbies : Writing Sci/Fi and Fantasy
    Registration date : 2011-11-11

Post  gilly Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:48 pm

Hi Mac

I agree with your last post up to a point--it is those that condemn and promise damnation if you do not listen that annoy me most. It is they who do not listen.

I do also enjoy (naughty of me I know) those who run for the hills when I tell them I am a spiritualist.

PPLLnL

Peter
    CW
    CW

Female

Post  CW Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:22 pm

Thanks for the laugh Joanie! God is going to get you..... 619524
    I do still get
    frustrated, though, when others won't respond to specific points but
    rant on about personal beliefs or experiences as a reply. I think
    that's likely to annoy me for years to come.
    Mac, I am guilty of this most of the time. I feel all I have to offer spiritually is my personal beliefs and experiences. Because they have proven valuable and are working for me, I offer it to others just in case someone can find value in it also. Needless to say if they don't I am not offended, upset or trying to shove my belief upon them.

In this case I don't feel God is a punisher at all! If something tragic happens to a person it is not because God is punishing you for something you did wrong. I don 't blame God for tragic things that happen to me. I surely don't feel God is a monster that is going to get me at some point in time.

I feel my willingness to obtain the best from every life experience is necessary to my ascension process.

Love to all...
    mac

Male

Post  mac Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:04 pm

"Mac, I am guilty of this most of the time. I feel all I have to offer
    spiritually is my personal beliefs and experiences. Because they have
    proven valuable and are working for me, I offer it to others just in
    case someone can find value in it also. Needless to say if they don't I
    am not offended, upset or trying to shove my belief upon them."

Taken out of the posting context as I don't want this to be a personal issue. There's nothing wrong with offering personal beliefs etc. but in the right place..... Where there's a specific topic for discussion, general or even unrelated observations are pointless and distracting, frequently encouraging others to join in and taking the thread off-topic.

Personal beliefs, personal experience, can be of value when it's related to a subject. If it's not then why post it in that thread? If you wish to share, why not start your own thread?

Throwing out ideas and thoughts broadcast may indeed be of value to someone else but please do it in your own thread please!
    CW
    CW

Female

Post  CW Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:55 pm

Personal beliefs, personal
    experience, can be of value when it's related to a subject. If it's not
    then why post it in that thread? If you wish to share, why not start
    your own thread?

Throwing out ideas and thoughts broadcast may indeed be of value to someone else but please do it in your own thread please!
    That makes good sense to me!
    mac

Male

Post  mac Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:05 pm

CW wrote:Hello forum, I truly need help in this area. It makes my blood boil to hear people speak of God as a condemning punisher who has only anger instead of Love for humans. Especially those who try to convince me that God is some kind of monster that is going to pour out his fierce anger upon me if I don't be good. God is going to get you..... 609912. Who are the good ones? Can anyone be good continuously, without cease or error?

Love to all....

It doesn't make my blood boil any more - maybe I'm all but dead! But I get frustrated when folk speak of He and Him - even women, they don't even say She! - when it's a genderless creative energy that is never personified....

As for being a punisher well that's plain daft; childish is the impression when I hear those words - yet even children wouldn't think it had they not been indoctrinated from their early years in school and/or through their parents'/guardians' misunderstanding and ideas, in turn put their by......well, you get the picture. It's a self-sustaining nonsense with nothing to break the vicious cycle of promulgation.

I haven't had anyone try any of this on me for many decades - I guess I'd be bemused if they did, not knowing whether to take 'em out or simply humour their silly ideas.
    1antique
    1antique
    Elite

Male
    Number of posts : 3378
    Job/hobbies : Searching For The Truth
    Registration date : 2009-02-18

Post  1antique Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:52 pm

This is the point I was attempting to make in my previous post. This idea has been promulgated throughout the centuries by the church in order to control the populace. It has become so ingrained into the teachings now that people quote it as fact constantly without any thought to the truth. (but, then again, what is the truth)
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:06 pm

Do we really know?
    Beware_of_Italics
    Beware_of_Italics

Female
    Number of posts : 363
    Registration date : 2011-03-15

Post  Beware_of_Italics Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:52 pm

The timing of this thread is strange, because only last night I came across a blog (just as regular blog) which I liked, until I saw a section where they mentioned what they believe in. They went on and on about what their future children will be like, and how they are going to both love and fear their God. It really bothered me, because there was this 'My way or the highway' feeling attached to it. Bullying their kids - that aren't even born yet - into being as perfect as possible and adopting THEIR belief system. (Which to me, sounded nothing like a belief, but being forcefed themselves as children into adulthood. They're just continuing the cycle of being told what to believe). Already, they're thinking of how many ways they can force feed the fear of God into their children. The whole love/fear thing just never felt right to me.

I'm all for people believing in a religion or just being more spiritual. The only thing that bothers me is when they raise children that aren't allowed to think for themselves. I mean, give them some breathing room for crying out loud. How about having a little faith in their own children and respecting how they see things?
    zerdini

Male
    Number of posts : 611
    Registration date : 2011-01-28

Post  zerdini Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:57 pm

mac wrote:

Love to all....

It doesn't make my blood boil any more - maybe I'm all but dead! But I get frustrated when folk speak of He and Him - even women, they don't even say She! - when it's a genderless creative energy that is never personified....

As for being a punisher well that's plain daft; childish is the impression when I hear those words - yet even children wouldn't think it had they not been indoctrinated from their early years in school and/or through their parents'/guardians' misunderstanding and ideas, in turn put their by......well, you get the picture. It's a self-sustaining nonsense with nothing to break the vicious cycle of promulgation.

I haven't had anyone try any of this on me for many decades - I guess I'd be bemused if they did, not knowing whether to take 'em out or simply humour their silly ideas.

I didn't realise anyone still peddled this arrant nonsense! I'm in complete agreement with you, Mac.
    Beware_of_Italics
    Beware_of_Italics

Female
    Number of posts : 363
    Registration date : 2011-03-15

Post  Beware_of_Italics Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:03 pm

mac wrote:As for being a punisher well that's plain daft; childish is the impression when I hear those words - yet even children wouldn't think it had they not been indoctrinated from their early years in school and/or through their parents'/guardians' misunderstanding and ideas, in turn put their by......well, you get the picture.

Thank you! Somehow I missed this post earlier, but these are 100% true words as far as I'm concerned.
    innerlight
    innerlight
    Elite

Male
    Number of posts : 3817
    Registration date : 2009-02-20

Post  innerlight Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:56 am

Love to all....

When you speak of punish what are you referring to? Are you referring to a punishment in an eternal damnation or are you referring to punishment in life? Would it be evil if God sent someone to kill another?

What if that person was about to slaughter an entire family of innocent people?
    CW
    CW

Female

Post  CW Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:34 pm

Dear innerlight, I can accept the eternal punishment concept. These kind of comments will go in one ear and out the other. The punisher concept I'm referring to is; God is reduced to someone like Monty Hall on the Let's Make A Deal Show. Wherein you will be rewarded for being good or making good choices. On the other hand you will be punished for being bad or making bad choices.

Sometimes the choices that cause the most pain will make you stronger, more enlightened and confident. If this is so, there is no bad choice.

Love to all...
    CW
    CW

Female

Post  CW Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:48 pm

Beware of Italics this is exactly what I encountered with my daughters, boyfriends, mother. I refuse to allow her to poison not only my daughter but her son as well. If she get away with this God is going to get you mess, it will continue into the next generation.

I'm all for people believing in a religion or just being more spiritual.
    The only thing that bothers me is when they raise children that aren't
    allowed to think for themselves. I mean, give them some breathing room
    for crying out loud. How about having a little faith in their own
    children and respecting how they see things?
    Believe it or not as primitive as it may sound, this kind of thinking still runs raid in many US communities. I for one will make no contributions to it. "Beware of Italics" I certainly hope you expressed your feelings to this couple. The truth of the matter is we can only control one mind and that is our own. Eventually, other minds will break free of attempts to control. Even our children.

Love to all..

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 8:11 pm