Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

An Old Chestnut......Past lives.

SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

An Old Chestnut......Past lives. Empty An Old Chestnut......Past lives.

Post  SpiritVoices Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:33 pm

There is always great discussions on Reincarnation and Past Lives.

What I am more interested in is Past Lives.

Ever had the feeling we have lived before?

Ever had that feeling we have visited a strange place and feel familiar with it and at home there?

Ever met someone and feel they are very familiar to us but never laid eyes on them before?

Ever moved into an old house and feel you have either lived there before or just familiar with the house?

Joanie
    Rainbow
    Rainbow

Female
    Number of posts : 1292
    Job/hobbies : Job; playing with my dogs. Hobbies; playing with my dogs lol
    Registration date : 2009-02-20

An Old Chestnut......Past lives. Empty Re: An Old Chestnut......Past lives.

Post  Rainbow Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:46 pm

My hubby did as a kid. He moved to a house and he described every room in it to his mum. She was gobsmacked! She said the only room he had wrong was the living room, he said the walls had a material like wallpaper on them and she said they were chipboard. A few months later she started stripping the walls and she nearly fell over. Under that chipboard was the very material like wallpaper my hubby had described! He thinks he's been here before and thinks I have too because I'm so into "the old ways" open fires and grow your own veg, (which hopefully I'll be able to start this year :grin: )and stuff. I'd have all the cars off the road and go back to horse and cart if I had me way, no tarmac anywhere!

An Old Chestnut......Past lives. 415540 There is always a bright side to every situation, you just have to look for it. An Old Chestnut......Past lives. 415540
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Post  Violet Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:23 pm

That certainly makes you think doesn't itAn Old Chestnut......Past lives. 350287

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:55 am

I have never lived in a house where I feel I have lived before but strangely,I love old homes,calling them homes because I always feel so much at home in them.

No matter how much modern work has been to done them,they have that feeling of having been lived in.

Old Victorian homes,attract me more especially at Xmas time. I can practically 'see' the Xmas tree and burning log fire.

The old fashioned dresses from Victorian times.

That is fascinating,Rainbow,did you ever go into the history of the house?

I would be interested to know.
    Rainbow
    Rainbow

Female
    Number of posts : 1292
    Job/hobbies : Job; playing with my dogs. Hobbies; playing with my dogs lol
    Registration date : 2009-02-20

Post  Rainbow Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:08 pm

Hi Joanie :rainbow:
    No I didn't. It was my hubby who described everything but I think he was too young to care about the history.
    I know what you mean about Victorian houses at Christmas. I'd love to have a proper Victorian Christmas. The big tree and all the clothes, with horse and sleigh trotting outside instead of gritters and cars. All the carol singers with their little gas lanterns carroling away down the street.... I day dream far too much :blush:

An Old Chestnut......Past lives. 415540 There is always a bright side to every situation, you just have to look for it. An Old Chestnut......Past lives. 415540
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:14 pm

Rainbow wrote:Hi Joanie An Old Chestnut......Past lives. 415540
    No I didn't. It was my hubby who described everything but I think he was too young to care about the history.
    I know what you mean about Victorian houses at Christmas. I'd love to have a proper Victorian Christmas. The big tree and all the clothes, with horse and sleigh trotting outside instead of gritters and cars. All the carol singers with their little gas lanterns carroling away down the street.... I day dream far too much An Old Chestnut......Past lives. 160943

Day dreaming is good,it keeps the imagination fertile and we need those small comforts sometimes.

An Old Chestnut......Past lives. 21581
    Beware_of_Italics
    Beware_of_Italics

Female
    Number of posts : 363
    Registration date : 2011-03-15

Post  Beware_of_Italics Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:50 pm

Rainbow, that is AWESOME! I love stories like that, especially when it comes from a child. If one wants to really research past lives, I believe that looking into children's past life stories is the key. They're unbiased and don't have that ego in the way as we do after we become adults. You know, thinking they were Cleopatra or something. An Old Chestnut......Past lives. 114597

I used to be so closeminded about past lives (which is strange considering things I've experienced) but nowadays I feel they do exist. For a time there, I had A LOT of possible past life dreams. (Key word there being "possible," as I think skepticism has it's place). Most were set in the Victorian or Edwardian Eras and were rather mundane. What's strange is that the dreams that seemed to be from before then - Renaissance or whatever - seemed to look more like a painting. Years later I read in a book somewhere that most past life dreams are like that; seeing a flash of a painting. I had this dream once where I saw a 'painting' of a battle going on, and in the background so-to-speak were the sounds of the battle. Men yelling, etc. That dream in particular scared me so badly.

I have all these dreams listed on one... well, two... of my blogs. I've had too many of those dreams to write about them all on here. I don't have dreams like that anymore though.

By the way, I've even had dreams about space and other planets. Oddly enough, those were the most comfortable dreams yet. Everyone looked human, same as we do here, but everyone got along a lot better. There were no wars against each other, etc.
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:40 pm

That is interesting,Violet.

You did the right thing in recording those dreams.

I have a strong feeling in time,reincarnation will be proved.

How I do not know but it will happen!

An Old Chestnut......Past lives. 182340
    Assumpta
    Assumpta

Female
    Number of posts : 333
    Job/hobbies : Retired, love reading, writing, cross-stitch and all things spiritual
    Registration date : 2011-06-23

Post  Assumpta Sun Feb 12, 2012 7:20 pm

I must admit that I've no idea if I've been here before but sometimes I feel that I have. What makes me say that is the feeling that I get about different things and then I wonder why I feel like that.

My husband was once told that he had lived and actually died during the first world war, he was evidently a German soldier. I must admit I did smile at that as his mothers fathers family are of German origin.

An Old Chestnut......Past lives. 348985
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Sun Feb 12, 2012 7:35 pm

Assumpta wrote:I must admit that I've no idea if I've been here before but sometimes I feel that I have. What makes me say that is the feeling that I get about different things and then I wonder why I feel like that.

My husband was once told that he had lived and actually died during the first world war, he was evidently a German soldier. I must admit I did smile at that as his mothers fathers family are of German origin.

An Old Chestnut......Past lives. 348985

Hi Assumpta,Good to see you on here.

An Old Chestnut......Past lives. 21581

Had a small chuckle there but how do you know he wasn't his grandfather at that time?

From what I have read we can reincarnate as a family member from long ago.

Has he any definate memories from his previous life?

Joanie xx
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Post  Violet Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:52 pm

Hi Assumpta nice to see youAn Old Chestnut......Past lives. 821538

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    Assumpta
    Assumpta

Female
    Job/hobbies : Retired, love reading, writing, cross-stitch and all things spiritual

Post  Assumpta Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:54 pm

no I don't think he has, although he does sometimes have some very strange dreams
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:29 pm

Gosh,I'm late today...An Old Chestnut......Past lives. 160943

What kind of dreams,Assumpta? Any going back to the past?
    Assumpta
    Assumpta

Female

Post  Assumpta Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:37 pm

I think he's had some Joan, but a lot of them relate to when he lived at home with his parents.
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Tue Feb 14, 2012 3:35 pm

Nothing strange or out of the ordinary?

Like old fashioned clothes or different time period?

I remember Molly (you know whom I'm talking about? An Old Chestnut......Past lives. 28115 )

She went under a hypnotist and saw herself clothed in a smock kind of dress and rough sandals of the period of the middle ages.

Walking in a forest. She brought herself out of it,was afraid of what was happening.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 7:20 pm