Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+9
Lynn
zach
PPrncpl7
ladyofrainbows
Carolyn
Freak
1antique
Rainbow
Violet
13 posters

My understanding of a soulmate

Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

My understanding of a soulmate Empty My understanding of a soulmate

Post  Violet Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:12 am

is someone you connect with on every level who truly understands and accepts you without condition or compromise.

This person loves you totally, regardless of their sex, and allows you to be you.

Naturally you feel exactly the same about them.

I know absolutely nothing about twin flames :blush:

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    Rainbow
    Rainbow

Female
    Number of posts : 1292
    Job/hobbies : Job; playing with my dogs. Hobbies; playing with my dogs lol
    Registration date : 2009-02-20

My understanding of a soulmate Empty Re: My understanding of a soulmate

Post  Rainbow Sun Jul 12, 2009 10:28 pm

I know who my soulmate is, I married him! We know each other inside out and can't ever argue because it would be like arguing with ourselves! We can sit about and say nothing to each other in complete comfort and usually end up saying the same thing at the same time. Unless I'm mistaken and there's another meaning to soulmate, we know when something is bugging the other and we both have exactly the same mentality lol
    1antique
    1antique
    Elite

Male
    Number of posts : 3378
    Job/hobbies : Searching For The Truth
    Registration date : 2009-02-18

Post  1antique Mon Jul 13, 2009 3:56 am

Soulmate is a term sometimes used to designate someone with whom one has a feeling of deep and natural affinity, love, intimacy, sexuality, spirituality, and/or compatibility. A related concept is that of the twin flame or twin soul – which is thought to be the ultimate soulmate, the one and only other half of one's soul, for which all souls are driven to find and join. However, not everyone who uses these terms intends them to carry such mystical connotations.

The following prose is exerpted from the novel, Soulsongs, by Sevi Regis. "The concept of a soul mate is most profound. First of all, it presupposes the existence of a non-corporeal inner body self called a soul, a belief which I heartily uphold. Secondly, it rests upon the notion of a perfectly compatible counterpart that is capable of combining with his/her soulmate to create an exalted, exponentially robust, and comprehensive oneness that cannot be realized in its absence or in any other way. One's soulmate is a sentence finisher, a thought catcher, a heart grabber, a body melder like two flames uniting as one. This is the person who not only enthusiastically anticipates your thoughts, deeds, needs, feelings, and beliefs with empathy and sensitivity, but who also shares these attributes in varying degrees. When you look into the eyes of your soulmate, you will see three bodies of water: 1) a deep, sparkling resevoir of love and appreciation 2) an eternal river of infinite adventure and a faithful promise to remain ever-flowing 3)a crystal lake in which you'll see your true reflection for the first time. The soulmate will enable you to become all that you could be, to maximize your personhood, potential, and incarnation into life with all of its colors and fragrances. Without such person, the same landscape is brushed in shades of gray and sullen hues by comparison. Your soulmate sees who you really are and loves it, then enables you to emerge with great grace and unique beauty -- each of you one of a kind and irreplaceable to one another -- as he/she reaches inside you to lift you up to a higher plane like an emmissary of God. Your soulmate will speak your secret love language, that no one else can know or speak. He/she will set you free and break the chains that are upon you, that have kept you stundted, deprived, and bound from full emancipation. He/she will understand you more deeply, love you more thoroughly, and excite you more wholly than anyone else you will ever meet. Like a mirror image with an infinite regress into your inner dimensions, your sm reflects your core personhood back to you while freely exposing his/her own deepest parts without prejudice, criticism, fear, or withholding. And this is something miraculous, otherworldly, and irreproducable. All of that said, there is something to the issue of the genetic component in soul mating. There are many more attributes of personality and "soul" surprisingly encoded into the DNA of every living being. It is quite possible that soulmates share distant and/or common family lines, geneologies, ancestries that have had "sleeping" genetic sequences only to emerge with an uncanny similarity generations hence, and in the two people fortunate enough to find one another. When these genes reappear at a point in time, it is a remarkable moment in nature, as they create this unique, irresistably compatible likeness that surpasses time and resounds with mutual familiarity with ancient overtones. One evidence of this is that soulmates often resemble physically as well as personally. They often share the same body types and appearance which enhances their overall compatibility of the two individuals, and makes them look as if they were deliberately made for one another. And I believe that they are indeed."

THEORIES

One theory of soulmates, presented by Aristophanes in Plato's Symposium, is that humans originally consisted of four arms, four legs, and a single head made of two faces, but Zeus feared their power and split them all in half, condemning them to spend their lives searching for the other half to complete them:

[Primeval man] could walk upright as men now do, backwards or forwards as he pleased, and he could also roll over and over at a great pace, turning on his four hands and four feet, eight in all, like tumblers going over and over with their legs in the air; this was when he wanted to run fast …Terrible was their might and strength, and the thoughts of their hearts were great, and they made an attack upon the gods ... Doubt reigned in the celestial councils. Should they kill them and annihilate the race with thunderbolts, as they had done the giants, then there would be an end of the sacrifices and worship which men offered to them; but, on the other hand, the gods could not suffer their insolence to be unrestrained. At last, after a good deal of reflection, Zeus discovered a way. He said: 'Methinks I have a plan which will humble their pride and improve their manners; men shall continue to exist, but I will cut them in two and then they will be diminished in strength and increased in numbers; this will have the advantage of making them more profitable to us. They shall walk upright on two legs, and if they continue insolent and will not be quiet, I will split them again and they shall hop about on a single leg.'

Some people believe that souls are literally made and/or fated to be the mates of each other, or to play certain other important roles in each other's lives.
    According to theories popularized by Theosophy and in a modified form by Edgar Cayce, God created androgynous souls, equally male and female. Later theories postulate that the souls split into separate genders, perhaps because they incurred karma while playing around on the Earth, or "separation from God". Over countless reincarnations, each half seeks the other. When all karmic debt is purged, the two will fuse back together and return to the ultimate

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soulmate
    1antique
    1antique
    Elite

Male

Post  1antique Mon Jul 13, 2009 4:02 am

For an explanation of the concept of 'Twin Flames', click the link below.....

http://www.crystalinks.com/twinflames.html
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:54 pm

What a beautifully written piece of work that is, thanks for sharing Allen :hugz:

Freak
    Freak

Number of posts : 69
    Registration date : 2009-07-10

Post  Freak Sat Jul 18, 2009 7:10 pm

I believe in soul mates, I see it more as 2 people who basically share the same soul, like they like all the things you do, think like you, even do things at the same time as you when you're together by accident. One of my best mates is my soul mate lol She likes most the things I do, think kinda the same, and we will text each other at the same time sometimes, or say the same thing on MSN at the same time, like the same weird food like tomato sauce on toasted cheese sandwiches, and we used to dip chips into milkshakes in McDonald and stuff. Sometimes it's freaky, we won't text each other for hours and I'll go to text her and my phone receives a text from her at that same moment. We scare each other lol

Though we have absolutely no feelings for each other we just good friends LOL :giggles:
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:55 pm

There's definately a strong connection there. :grin:

Carolyn
    Carolyn

Female
    Number of posts : 541
    Job/hobbies : Writing, singing, and not wasting a moment of every day I wake up.
    Registration date : 2009-09-01

Post  Carolyn Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:50 pm

This is a great post. I just wanted to add a tidbit because something has always bothered me. When people speak of twinflames or soulmates, they speak as if they are in heaven and that everything is euphoric and miraculous. Yes, its beautiful to find a soulmate (which every person is surrounded by, there is "one" answer to who that could be). But please do not think that the feeling will be forever perfect and that soul mates do not argue, fight, walk away from each other or hurt each other. That is an impossible unobtainable (and inhuman) goal.
    1antique
    1antique
    Elite

Male

Post  1antique Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:32 pm

How boring that would be to have no tension and for everything to be perfect. Where would the room to grow come from?
    ladyofrainbows
    ladyofrainbows

Female
    Number of posts : 11
    Registration date : 2009-09-18

Post  ladyofrainbows Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:55 am

What I beleive is that a soulmate is some one you knew friend/lovers/family in one of your past lives. you have unfinished business with them. like say you were on you way to meet you best friend 2000 yrs ago and you die you will search for them in this life. this is why we often have many soul mates and why some can be our lovers and things are good but then we can also break up because we have gotten what was needed and are ready to continue our jorney. often your best friends are your sole mates helping you through lifes many hickups and then slowly moving on . when i think back the right person has always been around at the right time.
    PPrncpl7

Male
    Number of posts : 418
    Job/hobbies : Retired teacher of Mathematics
    Registration date : 2010-01-27

Post  PPrncpl7 Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:28 pm

Hi
    Soulmate or Twin Flames are mostly misunderstood. Has nothing to do with normal male female attraction!
    Your soulmate is your other half!! TWO HALVES OF A WHOLE!
    Soulmate is often the opposite gender to yourself --but does not have to be.
    Soulmates are complementary--they make a 'whole'
    When you find your 'Soulmate' your life takes off --things happen--You make the world a 'better' place
    Peter
    The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
    PPrncpl7

Male

My understanding of a soulmate Empty Soulmates

Post  PPrncpl7 Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:21 pm

SOUL MATES

Two people lost in life’s foul grind,
    Soul mates each, how did they find
    Each other in this busy life,
    He a husband, she a wife.

Both a parent to a child,
    Both feeling lost and often wild,
    Unhappy in their ordered lives,
    He to find solace into a bottle dives.

True love is blind, it cannot see,
    Its secret lies in purity,
    Can these two a future make,
    Their lives asunder will have to break!

How could it be that these two met,
    Only through the wonder of the net.
    Filled with spirit of both kinds,
    He surfed the waves and his soul mate finds.

Their story continues at a pace,
    Each other they will eventually face.
    Till that moment, with a courage bold,
    Only spirit, the future, can unfold.

TO BE CONTINUED
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Sat Jan 30, 2010 1:14 am

Wow that's brilliant! Thanks for sharing My understanding of a soulmate 821538

Lynn
    Lynn

Female
    Number of posts : 1467
    Job/hobbies : Retired - Interests Metaphysics
    Registration date : 2010-01-26

Post  Lynn Sat Jan 30, 2010 1:52 am

Hello
    Was talking in IM to someone on this. I never really thought on it much til joining SF.
    I have a mate we have been with eachother 28 years now. I know why he choose me. He was done with revolving bedroom door he had. He was ready to find one that he could be with as a mate not a partner in bed. He was 19 and had been living and supporting himself from the age of 16. So he was very worldly to me being the deffintion of a nerd in all ways. He said he saw who I could be if th shell I hid in left me. That happened or I would not be here on this forum. He does not complete me in the way of understading me. He is very supportive of all I be and tries his best to deal with me when I wake screaming in the night or babbling on from what horrid thing I have seen. Too being Empathic he understands I can not take the touch in cuddling. He I guess is me soul mate as he is the only man I have ever dated or mated with and will be the only one ever. He does not complete me in the way of knowing eachother inside and out. We are a team we work well in letting the other have their own space and do their own thing. In total trust. We are a team with the kids both at home parents.
    I do have a twin flame I have that someone in me life that can "read" me very minute emotions that can understand the world I walk in. Not a Medium like I be but one that can understand and talk with me on that part of me. We share an amazing bond that spans time itself. We share a past lives we remember. One being a very special one (NO NOT LOVer's ) as that is what one expect to hear next My understanding of a soulmate 531481 . We to share in a Spirit that be in visitation to us both from as long as we can remember. Who was once me in a past life. We are three again in this life two in the body form and one in Spirit. As it was meant to come to pass I be told . Like in the past life we found this one at the end of what as to be young life lost to one's hand....to turn them around to be who they are now.

There are reasons we cross paths with one's there be reasons why we find one's again that we have a connection to the past with. Two ships that pass in the night might well pass for a reason.
    We can have more than one that is a great LOVe to us as LOVe does not have to include the acts of passions.....I do not walk in LOVe but in trust.....so I have great trust for the 3 men I hold close to me. ( I got bluntly corrected that I misses a man when I put 2 there.....one be in Spirit but very much be there for me ).

Lynn
    This be the poem written for the tree of us back then.

Castle
    In a castle on a hill
    A past of war and haunt
    An ancient secret love
    Kept hidden by the hands of the stable boy
    A knight and a witch
    Secrets and promises
    Deep in the war torn walls
    Some codes forever engraved in the minds of the new
    Stories and legends
    Kept in the walls of the castle on the hill.
    Nicholas Hartman ( Stableboy)
    neptune13
    neptune13

Female
    Number of posts : 108

Post  neptune13 Sat Jan 30, 2010 11:00 pm

PPrncpl7 wrote:
    SOUL MATES

Two people lost in life’s foul grind,
    Soul mates each, how did they find
    Each other in this busy life,
    He a husband, she a wife.

Both a parent to a child,
    Both feeling lost and often wild,
    Unhappy in their ordered lives,
    He to find solace into a bottle dives.

True love is blind, it cannot see,
    Its secret lies in purity,
    Can these two a future make,
    Their lives asunder will have to break!

How could it be that these two met,
    Only through the wonder of the net.
    Filled with spirit of both kinds,
    He surfed the waves and his soul mate finds.

Their story continues at a pace,
    Each other they will eventually face.
    Till that moment, with a courage bold,
    Only spirit, the future, can unfold.

TO BE CONTINUED

...The words you have expressed through your "Poetry", tell a very "Tragic, Sad and Beautiful Tale" about searching for your "Soul Mate"...

neptune13...
    PPrncpl7

Male

Post  PPrncpl7 Sat Jan 30, 2010 11:23 pm

SOULMATES CONTINUED

So, the Soulmates threw off life’s dull grind,

To live forever at each other’s side,

The dream was sweet, but reality better,

He blessed the day that he had met her.

Lazy days were spent in bliss,

He was hers and she was his,

She was happy just to be beside,

The one who made her feel alive.

They lay together in the woods,

In a special place that they both loved,

And walked together by the sea,

Happy, at last and, finally, free.

But guilt crept into their carefree minds,

For those whom they had left behind,

Those in despair at being spurned,

So, to their duty, they returned.

Returned once more to life’s dull grind,

Duller than before and colder this time,

They had tasted true love’s kiss,

And nothing now came close to this.

They never saw each other again,

Time wore off most of the pain,

They lived in perfect complacency,

As examples of honour and decency.

But Soulmates – they can never part,

Each one joined to the other’s heart,

By a silver cord, so strong and true,

Not life, not death, can break in two.

Spirit brought them together to be as one,

The cord can never be undone,

With their souls, to each other, they still speak,

And say ‘Until death – until death we meet’.
    neptune13
    neptune13

Female
    Number of posts : 108

Post  neptune13 Sun Jan 31, 2010 1:47 am

...Beautifully written "PPrncpl7/Peter"...

People express themselves in the most "Heartfelt Way", when such "Powerful Experiences, Feelings, Emotions and People or Person " comes in to their lives.

...Peoples experiences might be different...but...your "Poems" reflect what many people have been through in life...

...At least the "Two People/Souls/Soulmates", in your poems, know that they will once again meet, when they move from this "Earth Life"...

ie: If I have read your poems right, it sounds like they both had commitments/family whom inevitably were hurt and someone eventually cut the physical ties and said..."I will see you again when we we pass from this earth life"...(i believe that those hurt in the process have "Soul Mates" waiting for them)...

Although their "Physical Link" was severed,...,their "Soul Link" is "Eternal"

May They All Find "Peace"...

Peace, Much Love and Blessings...
    neptune13...
    Naiwen

Number of posts : 19
    Registration date : 2012-02-15

Post  Naiwen Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:59 am

I don't believe in the notion of soulmate. Why? Because I haven't met him yet so yeah. I don't think he exists for me.
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:51 pm

Naiwen your soulmate might not be a 'he' not all soulmates are partners for us.

Naiwen

Number of posts : 19
    Registration date : 2012-02-15

Post  Naiwen Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:59 am

Violet wrote:Naiwen your soulmate might not be a 'he' not all soulmates are partners for us.
    I see. XD so it might be a she then? I mean, my soulmate or twinflame? Anyway, so you don't mean it in the romantic way right?
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:04 am

No soulmates are not necessarily a romantic type of relationship, they can be but not alwaysMy understanding of a soulmate 821538

SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

Post  SpiritVoices Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:38 am

My version of a soulmate,is someone you feel completely at home with,not only in body but spirit as well.

Someone who you trust implicity,can depend on and a lifelong friendship between you.

Unfortunately,they are very hard to find.

The instinct is there,you feel drawn to some people and not others.

You know they are to be trusted,there is no doubt between you and the other.

My understanding of a soulmate 348985
    Aura

Female
    Number of posts : 148
    Registration date : 2011-10-23

Post  Aura Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:27 pm

i feel at home with my guide, my friend, knows everything about me, never judges me, loves me, always there for me, such a closeness, my forever friend, would never let me down, would never leave me, always there for me, love beyond sex and romance, a true loving close connection x

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 4:47 pm