Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Grounding Others

Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Grounding Others Empty Grounding Others

Post  Violet Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:11 pm

I healer I know worked so intensely recently, that they became very light headed so I grounded them, my question is is it ok to do this in these circumstances?

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    innerlight
    innerlight
    Elite

Male
    Number of posts : 3817
    Registration date : 2009-02-20

Grounding Others Empty Re: Grounding Others

Post  innerlight Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:13 pm

It's a tough question, as such a practice would border on ethics, and what is and is not morally correct.
    Crystal
    Crystal

Female
    Number of posts : 1249
    Job/hobbies : Counsellor - Crystals,Tarot, Reiki and animal healing
    Registration date : 2009-06-20

Post  Crystal Sun Jun 21, 2009 1:54 pm

First I would have a little chat with the healer to make sure they know what they should be doing, they may need to upgrade their grounding techniques or improve their channelling. You don't say what kind of healing though so that all depends. And did they ask you for help or did you tell them that you would help?

I have found that as a teacher I automatically ground and protect my students when we are in an environment that needs it. In a similar way that a parent does to their children to keep them safe. Obviously I explain the whole process and what I am doing, but until a person knows what to do I have no problem spreading my 'wings' over them :)

Violet I think you did exactly the right thing. You probably didn't even realise you were doing it and then picked up on it. Grounding another person isn't an invasion of privacy to me, but as innerlight says, there are boundaries that need to be respected. For me I wouldn't spread protection over a person without them knowing or giving their permission, or I feel that I may inadvertantly stop their development and learning. Does that make sense?
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Post  Violet Sun Jun 21, 2009 10:47 pm

Ah.... they were aware I was going to help them, and it worked really well, it's the first time i've done it, but somehow I just 'knew' what I needed to do and did it. And yes that does make sense, it's different if they ask for it, but then they shouldn't really become too dependant on it either, imo

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:54 pm