Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
shayn
mac
6 posters

oh dear....

mac

Male
    Number of posts : 4147
    Job/hobbies : retired
    Registration date : 2010-04-23

oh dear.... Empty oh dear....

Post  mac Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:00 am

Am I alone in despairing (figuratively) at how many new members (often with the most user-unfriendly usernames) appear briefly in the 'Welcome' section only to rarely, or often never, become involved on the discussion topics?

I know, I know, that's how website's operate but I still wonder what folk are seeking and why they quickly disappear. oh dear.... 588401
    shayn
    shayn

Female
    Number of posts : 4035
    Job/hobbies : tarot reader
    Registration date : 2009-02-18

oh dear.... Empty Re: oh dear....

Post  shayn Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:03 am

Dear mac

there is nothing to understand, this is just the way things are and as with many things in life, we need to learn to let go and let be, people come and people go, they need a place to sit for a while, look at the flowers and drink some water, they need to find a smiling face or even a hand for a while and then they are ready to move on to whatever path they are on, and we Dear Mac, we are here to give them a safe place to sit for a while and smell the flowers, we are here to give them a safe place where they can find a true helping hand, we ask nothing in return, we simply give. and yes, some of them stay for a while or longer and the rest just move on. simple as that..and there is nothing to understand really.

blessed be and a happy holidays to you and all

shayn
    millergrls
    millergrls

Female
    Number of posts : 1385
    Job/hobbies : Dispatcher
    Registration date : 2012-11-02

Post  millergrls Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:25 am

Very poeticShayn and beutifully put.oh dear.... 348985
    ameliorate
    ameliorate

Female
    Number of posts : 3603
    Job/hobbies : Full-time person! Cooking, creating things
    Registration date : 2012-02-15

Post  ameliorate Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:31 am

mac wrote:Am I alone in despairing (figuratively) at how many new members (often with the most user-unfriendly usernames) appear briefly in the 'Welcome' section only to rarely, or often never, become involved on the discussion topics?

I know, I know, that's how website's operate but I still wonder what folk are seeking and why they quickly disappear. oh dear.... 588401
    I think you make a good point. I have been wondering about this myself.

We can speculate as to the reasons why but I feel it might well be beneficial if they could be asked (e.g. via a brief questionnaire). This may well prove to be invaluable information that can be used/acted on and hence lead to boosting the number of active members here.
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

Post  SpiritVoices Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:12 am

I am not an expert on Spiritualism myself so do ask now and again for aid.

Especially the more complicated stuff.

Like Physical mediumship etc.

A good while ago, I was anxious to learn about spiritualism,so registered on a site that promoted the subject of PM particularly.

I asked many questions of which little few were answered. I was on the point of leaving that site.

Just about to give up,another member came to my aid.

Answered all my questions on anything I did not understand.

Later another member offered help too,that was Mac on here.

Between the two of them,I learned a great deal about subjects I was totally ignorant of.

So....what I am saying is,if any member needs help in understanding something on the subject of life after death,please request help.

There many varied subjects on here,lots of variety to enjoy and join in with the other members.

Don't be shy.....oh dear.... 182340

Joanie
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Post  Violet Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:50 am

Sadly this happens so often in forums, people stumble accross them sign up then a number of things may happen, they may not like what they find, lose the site, (i've done this myself,) or just lose interest very quickly, others forget passwords/usernames and some who are simply not that well up on computers may not understand how a forum works.

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content