Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
SpiritVoices
Violet
manty
7 posters

Smelling perfume

manty
    manty
    Just joined

Female
    Number of posts : 7
    Registration date : 2013-04-11

Smelling perfume  Empty Smelling perfume

Post  manty Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:19 pm

Since my nana died 18 yr ago I have smelt her from time to time, I have dreamt about her a lot and in my dream I no she isn't alive and it her spirit I see and she is always just sitting smiling at me. I came to realise that when I see her in my dream I am having problems in my life and that she is basically letting me no all will be fine. But since last year I have smelt het a lot and she also came through when I was at spiritual church, and a reading I had 4yr ago so I no she is around me a lot. I found an old picture my mum had of my nana and papa and I got a copy and put it in a frame and it sits next to my bed, I only does this a few weeks back and since I put it there I can smell her perfume really strong around this photo, it's not anything next to it in fact there is nothing in my room at all perfumed. Anyone ever heard of this?
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Smelling perfume  Empty Re: Smelling perfume

Post  Violet Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:32 pm

Hi Manty, yes this happens a lot, i'm sure many members here will share their stories with you about this, smell is a good way for spirits to make their presence felt as it's not frightening, and you seem to understand pretty much what is going on, people smell all kinds of things, flowers, tobacco, baking bread. It sounds like your nana approves of the photo. :flo:

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

Post  SpiritVoices Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:33 pm

Hi Manty.

What you describe is very common. You are also very lucky to see your Gran.
    Is it just recently you found you can now see her or have this been happening since since she passed over?

Dreams are another way of 'seeing' spirit. Because the body and mind are relaxed,spirit find it easier to come through to us.
    I have often has vivid dreams of my family and friends through what is called Lucid dreams.

They are very clear dreams where events seem to be happening for real.

Different from dreams which seem to be a mixture of all sorts.

Look on the internet and look up Lucid dreams,will give you a lot more information than I can.

:urwelcome:

Joanie

manty
    manty
    Just joined

Female

Smelling perfume  Empty smelling perfume

Post  manty Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:37 am

Thanks for replies, i have been seeing her in my dreams since she passed we were close and i miss her dearly. I sense she is around me obviously i smell her and get slight breezes, but the smell is constantly at the photo, maybe smelling it next to it from time to time but i didnt think it could be there all the time. :angel:
    millergrls
    millergrls

Female
    Number of posts : 1385
    Job/hobbies : Dispatcher
    Registration date : 2012-11-02

Post  millergrls Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:44 am

For me this happened a lot in the house that I grew up in. It wasn't a family member and when we checked out the history of the house we knew that it had originated in the 1700-1800's and that the person who had originally owned it had owned most of the land and town. We know that the previous owners (not sure if it was directly before our ownership) were an elderly couple who had both passed in the home and their funeral was held there as well. The wife had passed first and then the husband a week later. Anyways we always (more times than I can count) would smell her perfume at night. Especially when it had been a stressful day or night. The woman at least was always with us. Many people who came to stay with us saw her and refused to stay again. you couldn't explain to them they it was nothing scary, that they were just sharing a home. From the age of 3-8 I thought there was a monster that I heard each night that would walk our halls and talk to me. As I grew older it began to bother me less as i realize what it was and it began to no longer bother me. But a long story short, yes, yes I have experienced this.
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:08 pm

manty wrote:Thanks for replies, i have been seeing her in my dreams since she passed we were close and i miss her dearly. I sense she is around me obviously i smell her and get slight breezes, but the smell is constantly at the photo, maybe smelling it next to it from time to time but i didnt think it could be there all the time. :angel:

Not trying to put you off,hun but perfumes can linger a long time.
    Keep check on how long the perfume lasts. Change the location of the photo.
    Under a window for example..... :asmile:

Joanie
    manty
    manty
    Just joined

Female

Smelling perfume  Empty smelling perfume

Post  manty Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:49 pm

Thanks joanie i never thought to try that, i will move it and see what happens. My nanas perfume was that powdery musk kind mixed with her own natural aroma which is completely different to mine but there could possibly be another explanation. I know plenty of people smell spirits i just had never heard of it around a photo. I will move it today and wait to see if i can still smell it, i will give it maybe a week or so to see and i will post again with what i find. Thanks again. :thanku:
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:01 pm

Ok.hun. Always test what comes from spirit to prove the point.

:hugz:

Joanie
    stephanie79
    stephanie79

Female
    Number of posts : 295
    Registration date : 2013-04-06

Post  stephanie79 Fri May 10, 2013 7:46 pm

Aww that's really lovely.
    I am currently living in my Gran's old house (she left it to my Dad) and I do smell her from time to time. Smelling perfume  21581
    Auras

Male
    Number of posts : 2027
    Registration date : 2012-05-06

Post  Auras Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:33 am

Ah, that is most probably your nana, spirits gave give us scents to show they are here with us. She is always with you, when I read the post its like she's your own guardian angel the way she comes into your dreams an says everythings going to be alright.

That's fantastic experience. You could always ask for messages off her, if she has anything else to say to you.

Auras~
    partofme
    partofme

Female
    Number of posts : 820
    Job/hobbies : spiritual growth, repurposer, gardening...anything creative.
    Registration date : 2013-05-29

Post  partofme Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:51 pm

Before my husbands grandfather died...
    A smell of lavender or lilac passed infront of me.   Like someone had walked by.  Associated it to his wife who loved her lilacs.  I  mentioned it to him that I thought she had visited me.  He died like a week or so later.  It was always my impression that she came for him since it would of been their first wedding anniversary that would of been spent separated in like 64 years, in 2 days of his passing.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 8:19 am