Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
Kaere
innerlight
1antique
Carolyn
Violet
9 posters

Tasting and smelling things?

Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Tasting and smelling things? Empty Tasting and smelling things?

Post  Violet Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:31 pm

I'm certain there is a name for each of these Tasting and smelling things? 588401 Does anyone else ever experience this, in meditation for example or just randomly when it can't be explained by anything physical?

Do any of you who are mediums experince this with your mediumship?

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Tasting and smelling things? Empty Re: Tasting and smelling things?

Post  Violet Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:34 pm

This could be things like smelling tobacco for example, you may even be lucky enough to recognise the smell as your grandads tobacco.

Carolyn
    Carolyn

Female
    Number of posts : 541
    Job/hobbies : Writing, singing, and not wasting a moment of every day I wake up.
    Registration date : 2009-09-01

Post  Carolyn Sat Nov 28, 2009 3:46 pm

Years ago, this might have started as early as 1997, I began the ritual of blessing the water before bed and drinking it before getting out of bed the next day. When you do this, right away you notice that the water has tastes in it that could not possibly be there. You taste whatever mineral, spice, or food your body needs to be balanced and healthy again. Sometimes I tasted a mineral - which tastes like a metallic substance, sometimes beef (definitely during times when we had no money to buy meat), other times there would be an oily after taste - during times of dieting when I was purposely cutting out fat. One of the side effects in doing this is you get a body cleansing (which means going to the bathroom a lot more often, having smelly sweat, breath, the same as after any spiritual healing session). Its recommended that you do this for a week and no longer, and I do this whenever I feel yucky. I would think this falls under some sort of psychic smelling and tasting because the objects you taste in the blessed water are obviously not physically present in the water. Its just normal water from the tap. Anyone else ever done this? Its an old wiccan ritual.
    1antique
    1antique
    Elite

Male
    Number of posts : 3378
    Job/hobbies : Searching For The Truth
    Registration date : 2009-02-18

Post  1antique Sat Nov 28, 2009 7:35 pm

Sometimes I experience different smells. Mostly, it is the smell of different spices, but sometimes it is the smell of my grandfather's chewing tobacco, or the peppermints that my grandmom used to eat. I also experience the smell of the linoment that she used to use.
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:40 am

czardoust wrote:Years ago, this might have started as early as 1997, I began the ritual of blessing the water before bed and drinking it before getting out of bed the next day. When you do this, right away you notice that the water has tastes in it that could not possibly be there. You taste whatever mineral, spice, or food your body needs to be balanced and healthy again. Sometimes I tasted a mineral - which tastes like a metallic substance, sometimes beef (definitely during times when we had no money to buy meat), other times there would be an oily after taste - during times of dieting when I was purposely cutting out fat. One of the side effects in doing this is you get a body cleansing (which means going to the bathroom a lot more often, having smelly sweat, breath, the same as after any spiritual healing session). Its recommended that you do this for a week and no longer, and I do this whenever I feel yucky. I would think this falls under some sort of psychic smelling and tasting because the objects you taste in the blessed water are obviously not physically present in the water. Its just normal water from the tap. Anyone else ever done this? Its an old wiccan ritual.

This sounds really good Carolyn, i'd like to try this sometime, how do you bless the water?

Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:41 am

1antique wrote:Sometimes I experience different smells. Mostly, it is the smell of different spices, but sometimes it is the smell of my grandfather's chewing tobacco, or the peppermints that my grandmom used to eat. I also experience the smell of the linoment that she used to use.
    It's noce to get a scent like that isn't it, it's very reassuring Tasting and smelling things? 28115

Carolyn
    Carolyn

Female
    Job/hobbies : Writing, singing, and not wasting a moment of every day I wake up.

Post  Carolyn Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:00 am

Violet, you fill the glass of water then set it by your bed. As you get into bed, lay both hands palm down over the water and ask that whatever your body needs right now, be in the water. 3 times chanting the request. I know its common to chant a poem that someone else has written but I never do that. I always ask what is in my heart at the time. You can charge the spell by setting quartz beside the water glass. Before you put your feet on the ground the next morning, drink the water. The first day you might feel a minor difference. By the third day you feel a big change coming on. Like I said, its recommended that you don't do this for more than a week at a time because the cleansing is intense.
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:23 pm

Thank you Carolyn, i'll definately try that, probably at the weekend, i'll let you know how it goes Tasting and smelling things? 28115

1antique
    1antique
    Elite

Male

Post  1antique Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:57 am

I never put a glass of water on my nightstand.....you never know what might crawl into it in the middle of the night. Tasting and smelling things? 350287 Tasting and smelling things? 828683

Would it work with bottled water?
    innerlight
    innerlight
    Elite

Male
    Number of posts : 3817
    Registration date : 2009-02-20

Post  innerlight Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:04 am

1antique wrote:

Would it work with bottled water?

Some say that is unhealthy. They say the plastic bottle causes unhealthy bacteria to contaminate the water. If it were to sit for an extended period of time.

Cup of water next to the bed is supposedly used to ward of negative spirits, and help with keeping bad dreams away as well.
    Kaere

Female
    Number of posts : 2719
    Registration date : 2009-05-19

Post  Kaere Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:35 am

I smell cigarette smoke when my dad is visiting. I find that odd because sawdust is what triggers my very few memories of him - he was a carpenter. A couple of weeks ago I was smelling scotch really strongly and last week it was the smell of marshmallows. Which didn't bother me at all 'cause I loooove me some marshmallows lol.

Interesting about the water beside the bed...I think I'll try this Tasting and smelling things? 348985
    1antique
    1antique
    Elite

Male

Post  1antique Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:08 am

Innerlight said:
    Cup of water next to the bed is supposedly used to ward of negative spirits, and help with keeping bad dreams away as well.
    I'd be having nightmares about what is crawling in my water while I'm not looking.... Tasting and smelling things? 350287

I'd rather have to worry about a few bacteria than swallow a bug that had crawled in for a drink. Tasting and smelling things? 828683
    Carolyn
    Carolyn

Female

Post  Carolyn Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:39 am

Allen Tasting and smelling things? 809779 You can set a small book or something on top of the glass to keep any visitors out.
    The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
    Lynn
    Lynn

Female
    Number of posts : 1467
    Job/hobbies : Retired - Interests Metaphysics
    Registration date : 2010-01-26

Post  Lynn Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:21 am

Hello
    When I be dealing with Sprits I have all 5 senses in play. Its not always the most pleasant to things as I am able to re live the events with one's I be in contact with at times. Or be taken there with them to understand where one be, what happened to one, to bring closure and peace.
    Its often a smell that tells someone I am talking with who is there. We have 5 senses ( really 6) that if applied we can make good use of them all.
    I have recently been working with Smell so now I can smell someone walking behind me before I hear them.

Lynn
    skye

Female
    Number of posts : 1256
    Registration date : 2009-09-06

Post  skye Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:15 pm

Violet wrote:I'm certain there is a name for each of these Tasting and smelling things? 588401 Does anyone else ever experience this, in meditation for example or just randomly when it can't be explained by anything physical?

Do any of you who are mediums experince this with your mediumship?

Yes this can happen frequently Violet. It is known as Clairsentience where it means, “Clear Sensing” and involves the psychic perception of the senses such as touch, taste,smell and emotions. It is often coupled with Clairvoyance and Clairaudience.
    Elfay
    Elfay

Female
    Number of posts : 341

Post  Elfay Fri Jun 18, 2010 4:25 am

I have both taste & smell. I know when my son's ggrandpa is around I smell cigaretts. I've smelled things like fresh brewed coffee, toast, flowers and some pretty foul smelling things as well.

The other day I tasted al dente pasta it was a weird sensation & the taste was bland boring lol. About a month ago I kept smelling & tasting beer. I don't drink nor does my husband. I have had beer before so I recognized the smell & the taste of it. Makes me wonder whom it was around me that was a drinker in life.
    Elfay
    Elfay

Female
    Number of posts : 341

Post  Elfay Fri Jun 18, 2010 4:27 am

btw those clairs are called clairfragrance and clairgustance
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:23 pm

Elfay wrote:btw those clairs are called clairfragrance and clairgustance

I knew they each had their own name but couldn't remember, thanks Elfay Tasting and smelling things? 15910

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:34 am