Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Is This Possibly True?

SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

Is This Possibly True? Empty Is This Possibly True?

Post  SpiritVoices Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:55 pm

'According to spiritualists direct-voice mediumship occurs when then those who have died can be heard talking in their own voices in the presence of a medium. The spirits do not use the medium's voice box or vocal organs but rather speak through a voice-box constructed of ectoplasm, a substance which forms from the medium’s body.
    All ectoplasm has been proven to be the result of fraud made of cheese-cloth, butter, muslin or other natural substances, so it is safe to conclude that direct-voice mediumship is also a scam. Flint denied any lights in his recording sessions and he would sometimes even perform his direct-voice mediumship in a cupboard. The question needs to be asked if direct voice mediumship is genuine then why do mediums need dark conditions and to hide in a cupboard? The reason is because in dark and hidden conditions all kinds of trickery from the medium can be performed.
    Flint also denied any filming of any kind in his recording sessions and insisted on performing in the dark thus all seance-goers and investigators were unable to see him during the performances so it is very easy to suggest he could have been using prerecorded tapes to produce voices, as well as live accomplices for providing two-way voice channels. The Society for Psychical Research investigated Flint and concluded that the voices heard at his seances were auditory hallucinations brought on by hypnosis.'

Wikipedia.

Someone brought this to my attention recently.

Surely it is not true...
    I like Leslie Flint and always thought he was a genuine direct voice medium.
    Cassy7
    Cassy7

Female
    Number of posts : 369
    Job/hobbies : Retired. I love walking my dogs by the sea, gardening and researching my family tree.
    Registration date : 2013-07-12

Is This Possibly True? Empty Re: Is This Possibly True?

Post  Cassy7 Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:17 pm

SpiritVoices wrote:'According to spiritualists direct-voice mediumship occurs when then those who have died can be heard talking in their own voices in the presence of a medium. The spirits do not use the medium's voice box or vocal organs but rather speak through a voice-box constructed of ectoplasm, a substance which forms from the medium’s body.
    All ectoplasm has been proven to be the result of fraud made of cheese-cloth, butter, muslin or other natural substances, so it is safe to conclude that direct-voice mediumship is also a scam. Flint denied any lights in his recording sessions and he would sometimes even perform his direct-voice mediumship in a cupboard. The question needs to be asked if direct voice mediumship is genuine then why do mediums need dark conditions and to hide in a cupboard? The reason is because in dark and hidden conditions all kinds of trickery from the medium can be performed.
    Flint also denied any filming of any kind in his recording sessions and insisted on performing in the dark thus all seance-goers and investigators were unable to see him during the performances so it is very easy to suggest he could have been using prerecorded tapes to produce voices, as well as live accomplices for providing two-way voice channels. The Society for Psychical Research investigated Flint and concluded that the voices heard at his seances were auditory hallucinations brought on by hypnosis.'

Wikipedia.

Someone brought this to my attention recently.

Surely it is not true...
    I like Leslie Flint and always thought he was a genuine direct voice medium.

Hi Joan

Personally I would take things on Wiki with a pinch of salt.  It's my understanding that anyone can write anything on there.  I heard about Leslie Flint some time ago and have read about him on the Leslie Flint Educational Trust website (you may already know about it?)  There is an interesting interview with him on there in which he describes how direct voice mediumship began. 

Carole x
    zerdini

Male
    Number of posts : 611
    Registration date : 2011-01-28

Post  zerdini Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:51 pm

There is an interesting interview with him on there in which he describes how direct voice mediumship began. 

Carole x

I sat with Leslie Flint on a regular basis for over ten years and can assure you the Wiki article is a load of rubbish.

The actual interview was conducted by me and was copied by the LF Trust from the Ark Review.

Z
    Cassy7
    Cassy7

Female
    Number of posts : 369
    Job/hobbies : Retired. I love walking my dogs by the sea, gardening and researching my family tree.
    Registration date : 2013-07-12

Post  Cassy7 Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:57 am

zerdini wrote:There is an interesting interview with him on there in which he describes how direct voice mediumship began. 

Carole x

I sat with Leslie Flint on a regular basis for over ten years and can assure you the Wiki article is a load of rubbish.

The actual interview was conducted by me and was copied by the LF Trust from the Ark Review.

Z

Thanks Zerdini, and wow!  Can you tell us more about your experiences of direct voice mediumship?

Carole
    zerdini

Male

Post  zerdini Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:13 am

Hi Carole

Have a look at my website:

www.zerdinisworld.com

Kind regards

Zerdini
    spiritone*

Number of posts : 63
    Registration date : 2013-07-08

Post  spiritone* Mon Jul 22, 2013 7:55 pm

zerdini wrote:Hi Carole

Have a look at my website:

www.zerdinisworld.com

Kind regards

Zerdini

Thank you Zerdini, I really enjoyed reading this article. I have heard of the Fox sisters but reading about them and all they were able to do was amazing. I am still reading on the other mediums on the page!:ghug:
    RavenMoon
    RavenMoon

Female
    Number of posts : 585
    Job/hobbies : fulltime and lots of interests
    Registration date : 2012-05-06

Post  RavenMoon Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:00 am

Just curiosity really, but why do they conduct it in the dark?? - often wondered as the occasional time I have mistakenly switched over to that awful programme "most Haunted", why is it always done in the dark? lol  spirit appear in all conditions.:scratch:
    zerdini

Male

Post  zerdini Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:45 pm

Hi RavenMoon

Genuine séances e.g. materialisation are usually held in some form of lighting so that people can SEE what is happening.

Direct Voice séances which are held in the dark do not require one to see anything.

It is the evidence given in conversations between the incarnate and the discarnate which establish the identity of the communicator.
    RavenMoon
    RavenMoon

Female
    Number of posts : 585
    Job/hobbies : fulltime and lots of interests
    Registration date : 2012-05-06

Post  RavenMoon Wed Jul 24, 2013 2:16 pm

Many thanks to you Zerdini for the explanation... :flo:
    zerdini

Male

Post  zerdini Wed Jul 24, 2013 2:19 pm

:urwelcome:

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 8:26 am