Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
feather
Violet
6 posters

True mediumship is not fortune telling

Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

True mediumship is not fortune telling Empty True mediumship is not fortune telling

Post  Violet Tue May 15, 2012 11:17 pm

I've read this line often over the years on varying forums and in various publications and yet most mediumship mesages I have recieved personally do contain some snippets for the future.

It seems to be a widely held belief that spirits can see further than us so why wouldn't or shouldn't they give us little bits to look forward to?

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    feather
    feather

Female
    Number of posts : 1166
    Registration date : 2010-07-07

True mediumship is not fortune telling Empty Re: True mediumship is not fortune telling

Post  feather Wed May 16, 2012 2:25 am

Well, I'm thinking....what is fortune telling other than being given information from a third party in spirit.

Maybe psychic viewing and telepathic communication, spiritual healing and whatever other form of psychic stuff we can perform ....are all executed with the help of a third party in spirit.

We provide the hands or the voice and spirit provides the energy and directions.

Maybe the 'gift' is only activated by the spirit connection.
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

True mediumship is not fortune telling Empty Re: True mediumship is not fortune telling

Post  SpiritVoices Wed May 16, 2012 6:39 am

I would agree there,Feather.

I think in any kind of reading,if spirit are around,they will intervene.

Joanie
    skye

Female
    Number of posts : 1256
    Registration date : 2009-09-06

Post  skye Wed May 16, 2012 11:04 pm

Violet wrote:I've read this line often over the years on varying forums and in various publications and yet most mediumship mesages I have recieved personally do contain some snippets for the future.

It seems to be a widely held belief that spirits can see further than us so why wouldn't or shouldn't they give us little bits to look forward to?

From my understanding our loved ones in Spirit can only see a little way ahead, jut enough to uplift us when dark clouds surround us. Much like they would do if they were still here. Words of inspiration and encouragement so to speak to support us through a somewhat dismal period.

If they were to pass too much information over, many people would be continually asking them for guidance rather than living their own lives and working through their own issues and finding their own answers or conclusions. This is not what the Spirit world is about imo.

Native spirit
    Native spirit

Female
    Number of posts : 887
    Registration date : 2011-02-04

Post  Native spirit Thu May 17, 2012 10:45 am

True mediumship is not fortune telling 348985 When spirit gives us messages they can tell us things like things willl improve,etc but as for telling us what is going to happen on a particular time they wouldnt do, because the future is not set in stone.ive heard of ppl becoming so reliant on fortune telllers that they cant live their lives before finding out,what the day holds for them

Namaste
    Spirit of Light
    Spirit of Light

Number of posts : 82
    Registration date : 2014-05-31

Post  Spirit of Light Sun Jun 15, 2014 2:45 pm

Native spirit wrote:True mediumship is not fortune telling 348985 When spirit gives us messages they can tell us things like things willl improve,etc but as for telling us what is going to happen on a particular time they wouldnt do, because the future is not set in stone.ive heard of ppl becoming so reliant on fortune telllers that they cant live their lives before finding out,what the day holds for them

Namaste

I have had people that request multiple readings over and over, they seem so pleased with their first reading they want to relive the high and the boost the attention gives them of course that is only natural. The future is not set in stone is quite right, it is mutable and any prediction will be changed by the revealing of it.
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

Post  SpiritVoices Sun Jun 15, 2014 10:16 pm

Spirit of Light wrote:
    Native spirit wrote:True mediumship is not fortune telling 348985 When spirit gives us messages they can tell us things like things willl improve,etc but as for telling us what is going to happen on a particular time they wouldnt do, because the future is not set in stone.ive heard of ppl becoming so reliant on fortune telllers that they cant live their lives before finding out,what the day holds for them

Namaste

I have had people that request multiple readings over and over, they seem so pleased with their first reading they want to relive the high and the boost the attention gives them of course that is only natural. The future is not set in stone is quite right, it is mutable and any prediction will be changed by the revealing of it.

Perfectly correct,Carron....I've had readings which at the time seemed incorrect to me then found the tables turned shortly after the reading giving me a different outlook on a certain situation.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 12:47 pm