Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
Auras
SpiritVoices
6 posters

Question about Spirit Guides.

SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

Question about Spirit Guides. - Page 2 Empty Question about Spirit Guides.

Post  SpiritVoices Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:07 am

First topic message reminder :

Who allocates our guides to us?

Are they are folks we have known on Earth?

Do we have a particular kind of guide given to us?

SpiritVoices x
    mac

Male
    Number of posts : 4147
    Job/hobbies : retired
    Registration date : 2010-04-23

Question about Spirit Guides. - Page 2 Empty Re: Question about Spirit Guides.

Post  mac Sat Aug 10, 2013 2:22 pm

shayn wrote:hi Mac
    lets start again: suppose i say:" i have an animal guide, it is a big pink elephant, with red tail and white polka dots.."
    you ask in your original question: is it actual or is it your subconscious? your original question- what am i suppose to answer? what are you expecting  to hear?  would you think i would state such a belief if i wouldn't held it to be the truth - actual and real?

as for the other part.. personally i don't know if an animal can be a guide or not.. but i don't see the contradiction that you see.
    what do you mean when you say a spirit guide?

Traditionally (?) a 'spirit guide' is someone (not something) which provides spiritual support and help.  That entity (or those entities) may be seen, unseen, discerned or not.  As I'm a traditionalist that's kinda what I feel broadly to be a 'spirit guide' - someone who's kinda like me and not an animal.

Using your example above I'd wonder how such a vividly coloured animal was able to provide spiritual support and help.  I'd hope you'd be able to explain for me and wouldn't mind doing it.

But being strictly accurate I didn't ask anything of the sort you claimed above, viz ".... is it actual or is it your subconscious?"  That's kinda putting (your) words in my mouth, don't you think? 

As I wouldn't ask you any such thing, any problem you might imply you'd have in answering me would be academic.  It wouldn't apply 'cos it ain't how I write.
    shayn
    shayn

Female
    Number of posts : 4035
    Job/hobbies : tarot reader
    Registration date : 2009-02-18

Post  shayn Sat Aug 10, 2013 4:54 pm

Who said, who has the authority to say only  a someone can be a spirit guide? and are animals are not some form of energy? and who said that the one who came the the idea that a guide can be only someone is correct? - good, you  believe so, but can you know it for sure? are you on the right here? I DON"T KNOW MAC, i don't come to tell you what is right or wrong, i just say, it is not that simple and not so clear cut and clean as you present it. 

according to your theory - what is the reason an animal can't be a guide? 

at your post from yesterday at 7:04pm you asked the question :  I accept they believe this to be the case but is it actually, or is it just one more unsubstantiated belief?  
     what do you mean by this then? and is there an other way then academic way to answer that?

S
    Auras

Male
    Number of posts : 2027
    Registration date : 2012-05-06

Post  Auras Sat Aug 10, 2013 5:06 pm

shayn wrote:Who said, who has the authority to say only  a someone can be a spirit guide? and are animals are not some form of energy? and who said that the one who came the the idea that a guide can be only someone is correct? - good, you  believe so, but can you know it for sure? are you on the right here? I DON"T KNOW MAC, i don't come to tell you what is right or wrong, i just say, it is not that simple and not so clear cut and clean as you present it. 

according to your theory - what is the reason an animal can't be a guide? 

at your post from yesterday at 7:04pm you asked the question :  I accept they believe this to be the case but is it actually, or is it just one more unsubstantiated belief?  
     what do you mean by this then? and is there an other way then academic way to answer that?

S
    Joanie, iv been trying to figure out how to answer your uestion. I believe they must be attached to out persnality, or ourself our past lives. Its hard to say really. You could ask your guide for answers on this. I'll be sure to ask my guide and see what answers I get.

I believe also, that angels can also be our guides but as our loved ones.

Shayne,anything can be our guide, as long as its energy, it really does not matter.
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Sat Aug 10, 2013 5:25 pm

Whatever a guide is....spirit or animal,they are there for a purpose.
    Whatever that purpose is,I am sure it will be given to us.
    Animals may not be able to speak to us in our language,but I am sure they will make their intent clear to us.

Look at the meanings of flowers.   Roses.....Love!

Joan x
    mac

Male

Post  mac Sat Aug 10, 2013 6:07 pm

shayn wrote:Who said, who has the authority to say only  a someone can be a spirit guide?   It certainly wasn't I!

and are animals are not some form of energy? Did someone say they weren't?   and who said that the one who came the the idea that a guide can be only someone is correct? - Tell you what - give me some answers to the questions I put and I'll answer some more of yours - this is getting very one-sided.  I answer your points and you largely ignore mine.... good, you  believe so, but can you know it for sure? are you on the right here?  Am I on the right of what...??? I DON"T KNOW MAC, i don't come to tell you what is right or wrong, i just say, it is not that simple and not so clear cut and clean as you present it. OK I totally get that for you it's not as simple and clear cut as I present it but it is for me.  I didn't come to tell you what is right or wrong but you appear to be getting wound up because I have a different perspective.   I'm not asking you  to do anything or say anything you don't want to.

according to your theory - what is the reason an animal can't be a guide?  I said it's traditional etc. and that I'm a traditionalist and traditionally spirit guides are not animals.  That wasn't my personal theory.  And I keep referring to my original point asking whether anyone else thought that 'spirit guides' and 'power animals' made strange bedfellows.  Presumably - because you haven't given your opinion - you don't see that they do?  Is that the case for you?

What I mean is: "Is it actually the case or is it an unsubstantiated belief?"  Put more simply is it the case that animals have appeared or been heard as spiritual guides, have they given spiritual advice/support/help etc. in some clear fashion or is it a belief that animals may be spiritual guides or give spiritual advice/support/help etc.  I don't see that as an academic exercise but simply questions which may be answered by those who claim/feel/believe they are being guided in such ways. 

In other words,
    I'd expect those who say it's the case to be able to explain the reasons they have for saying it.  The ones with that experience are surely the ones best able to tell us, wouldn't you agree?

shayn
    shayn

Female
    Number of posts : 4035
    Job/hobbies : tarot reader
    Registration date : 2009-02-18

Post  shayn Sat Aug 10, 2013 6:34 pm

mac wrote:

Traditionally (?) a 'spirit guide' is someone (not something) which provides spiritual support and help.  That entity (or those entities) may be seen, unseen, discerned or not.  As I'm a traditionalist that's kinda what I feel broadly to be a 'spirit guide' - someone who's kinda like me and not an animal.  this is your answer,  am i not to understand you mean animals can't be spirits guides?

Using your example above I'd wonder how such a vividly coloured animal was able to provide spiritual support and help.  I'd hope you'd be able to explain for me and wouldn't mind doing it.

But being strictly accurate I didn't ask anything of the sort you claimed above, viz ".... is it actual or is it your subconscious?"  That's kinda putting (your) words in my mouth, don't you think? 

As I wouldn't ask you any such thing, any problem you might imply you'd have in answering me would be academic.  It wouldn't apply 'cos it ain't how I write.
    mac

Male

Post  mac Sat Aug 10, 2013 8:07 pm

shayn wrote:
    mac wrote:

Traditionally (?) a 'spirit guide' is someone (not something) which provides spiritual support and help.  That entity (or those entities) may be seen, unseen, discerned or not.  As I'm a traditionalist that's kinda what I feel broadly to be a 'spirit guide' - someone who's kinda like me and not an animal.  this is your answer,  am i not to understand you mean animals can't be spirits guides?

what

All your bitting-and-bobbing with no proper sentence structure, no subject continuity or logical progression is just too tiresome for me to be bothered with any further.
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Sat Aug 10, 2013 9:43 pm

I feel we are slightly off topic here.....
    mac

Male

Post  mac Sat Aug 10, 2013 9:55 pm

Very much so and I'm going no further.
    Auras

Male
    Number of posts : 2027
    Registration date : 2012-05-06

Post  Auras Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:09 pm

SpiritVoices wrote:I feel we are slightly off topic here.....

I totally agree, joanie, let's take it back onto the topic. I believe that they must have the same personality as you or they was you in your past lives. Again like I keep saying its my belief. But I don't really think relatives can be guides they are more likes angels.

Mac,shayne, I think you should take your side of the debate to pm.

Auras.
    mac

Male

Post  mac Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:20 am

Auras wrote:
    SpiritVoices wrote:I feel we are slightly off topic here.....

Mac,shayne, I think you should take your side of the debate to pm.

Auras.
    It would have been better to have read my posting #34....  :SH: 

mac
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Post  Violet Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:13 am

Another great way to find out who your spirit guides are is to ask a Medium during a reading. If they are true Mediums they will see them and tell you who they see. 
    Not being able to bring someone's guide through or get a name etc doesn't mean a medium isn't true, by all means ask a medium but they might not always be able to tell you.

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Post  Violet Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:14 am

Who allocates our guides to us?
    Perhaps we choose our own, or perhaps the guide chooses us just before conception.

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    mac

Male

Post  mac Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:11 am

spiritone* wrote:Another great way to find out who your spirit guides are is to ask a Medium during a reading. If they are true Mediums they will see them and tell you who they see. I have been told I have a male and female indian, a buddha, my grandmother and a humor guide who is a little girl called Lara. I don't think they show themselves all the time so I always ask who they see when I have a reading. I have also asked my grandmother in spirit :hugz: and she told me my Aunt who was like a mother to me, is one of my guides.
    At best a medium will 'see' only those who draw close enough to be seen.  Identifying whether someone is one's guide rather than a helper, or 'guardian angel', may not be straightforward. Exactly what, for example, defines a guide?

Mediums are not a homogeneous group and will have different levels of proficiency.  One may be able to find out who is a guide (or helper) for a sitter while another may not, yet both may be facilitating communication, something fundamental to being a medium.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 6:52 am