Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
Auras
SpiritVoices
6 posters

Question about Spirit Guides.

SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

Question about Spirit Guides. Empty Question about Spirit Guides.

Post  SpiritVoices Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:07 am

Who allocates our guides to us?

Are they are folks we have known on Earth?

Do we have a particular kind of guide given to us?

SpiritVoices x
    Auras

Male
    Number of posts : 2027
    Registration date : 2012-05-06

Question about Spirit Guides. Empty Re: Question about Spirit Guides.

Post  Auras Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:04 am

Very interesting topic, joanie.

Although, talking about spirit guides is kind of a subjective topic, I mean by that is that people believe in diffrent things about them and we don't know what is ture for sure.

But I believe when we are born, we. Have a spirit that becomes attached to use and guide us through our spiritual journey. That's just my belief.

I believe my guide is my dead granfarther because he passed away just before I was born.

Sorry if I didn't help.

Auras.
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:46 pm

You have done well,Auras.     
    Yes,I do believe that guides are given to us from birth until physical death.

Those guides change throughout our lives.

What I am curious about is what sort of guides are given to us.   
    Depending on our personality or what sort of help is needed for each individual?

In other words are these guides specially picked for each soul?

Joan x
    Auras

Male

Post  Auras Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:57 pm

I really don't know the answer for you joanie, but on the other hand you could always ask your guide.

Maybe, its a person from your past life. Its a hard topic to talk about because there are so many opinion on this.
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:01 pm

Auras wrote:I really don't know the answer for you joanie, but on the other hand you could always ask your guide.

Maybe, its a person from your past life. Its a hard topic to talk about because there are so many opinion on this.
     I have a friend on here who would find out for me if I asked....will have to think about it.
    Guides are notorious for hiding their names or just don't want us to know....I wonder why?

:giggles: 

Joan x
    Auras

Male

Post  Auras Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:25 pm

the only way your going to find out  yourself is asking your own guide.
    shayn
    shayn

Female
    Number of posts : 4035
    Job/hobbies : tarot reader
    Registration date : 2009-02-18

Post  shayn Fri Aug 09, 2013 4:24 pm

SpiritVoices wrote:
    Auras wrote:I really don't know the answer for you joanie, but on the other hand you could always ask your guide.

I have a friend on here who would find out for me if I asked....will have to think about it.
    Guides are notorious for hiding their names or just don't want us to know....I wonder why?

Joan x
    hi Joan, is it really important to KNOW who is your guide? would it make a difference if he or she is someone from your past or someone you haven't known at all? if it be your grandfather would you trust him more or less? when your guides are there with good and loving intentions and you can see that all their support is honest and is for your own good, does it really matter?
    personally i don't think so, whom ever it is, as long as it comes from love and light and seek helping me, he or she are welcome.
    but your first question: who appoints a guide to us is an interesting one, and i guess like with many topics, there are many theories each claiming to be the Truth or the Real one, but the answer will be revile once we cross to the other side.
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Fri Aug 09, 2013 5:07 pm

shayn wrote:
    SpiritVoices wrote:

Joan x
    hi Joan, is it really important to KNOW who is your guide? would it make a difference if he or she is someone from your past or someone you haven't known at all? if it be your grandfather would you trust him more or less? when your guides are there with good and loving intentions and you can see that all their support is honest and is for your own good, does it really matter?
    personally i don't think so, whom ever it is, as long as it comes from love and light and seek helping me, he or she are welcome.
    but your first question: who appoints a guide to us is an interesting one, and i guess like with many topics, there are many theories each claiming to be the Truth or the Real one, but the answer will be revile once we cross to the other side.
     No,I suppose it doesn't matter,Shayn.  :blush:  I'm always curious about these sort of things.   I hear voices but don't see, so never know who is speaking to me.   I think to myself....'Who are they,a relative or a guide?'
    Some show themselves to me in dreams.  
    I have been given two names over a number of years.   Brian and BlackCloud or WhiteCloud.    They only came once,the Cloud ones.
    This sets my curiosity going.
    I think I would feel more comfortable if I knew whose voice was speaking to me.  
    So many voices....:asmile: 

The other question I asked was curiosity.   Who nominates the guides who assist through our lives?
    Curiosity killed the cat....:worry: 

Joan x
    mac

Male
    Number of posts : 4147
    Job/hobbies : retired
    Registration date : 2010-04-23

Post  mac Fri Aug 09, 2013 5:31 pm

This forum is entitled 'Spirit Guides & Power Animals'

Am I the only person who feels this is a curious mix, that guides are not animals?
    shayn
    shayn

Female

Post  shayn Fri Aug 09, 2013 5:54 pm

mac wrote:This forum is entitled 'Spirit Guides & Power Animals'

Am I the only person who feels this is a curious mix, that guides are not animals?
     well Mac you are right the guides are not animals, but there are animals who act like or actually being/ function as a guide - i know of many people who believe so, there for there are spirits guides and there are also animals which are guiding us or at least play a big roll in helping us on our path.

I think I would feel more comfortable if I knew whose voice was speaking to me.  
    So many voices....Question about Spirit Guides. 28115  
    Spiritvoice: i think it will be easier if you just ask these voices who are they or if they can give you a name to call them, very often they answer.

for myself, i know which is which of my guides or if they are "just" a visiting spirit but their energy, each spirit has a different energy...but first step/rule  is communication, so talk to your voices and listen.. they will answer...

s
    mac

Male

Post  mac Fri Aug 09, 2013 6:04 pm

shayn wrote:
    mac wrote:This forum is entitled 'Spirit Guides & Power Animals'

well Mac you are right the guides are not animals, but there are animals who act like or actually being/ function as a guide - i know of many people who believe so, there for there are spirits guides and there are also animals which are guiding us or at least play a big roll in helping us on our path.

s
     I accept they believe this to be the case but is it actually, or is it just one more unsubstantiated belief?
    shayn
    shayn

Female

Post  shayn Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:54 pm

Mac, you can ask this kind of skeptic question about every belief someone have.. 
    personally i don't find this sort of question interesting as it leads to nothing but doubting everything, at some point all people accept some beliefs as some sort of a Truth when others can just put a question-mark at the end of their truths. then you can end up in a solipsistic world and put a question mark at the end with the story about the brain in the vet.
    believe what you find right for you and be generous to let others believe what they choose to as long as it doesn't harm others- this is my motto in life.

s
    mac

Male

Post  mac Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:35 pm

shayn wrote:Mac, you can ask this kind of skeptic question about every belief someone have.. 
    personally i don't find this sort of question interesting as it leads to nothing but doubting everything, at some point all people accept some beliefs as some sort of a Truth when others can just put a question-mark at the end of their truths. then you can end up in a solipsistic world and put a question mark at the end with the story about the brain in the vet.
    believe what you find right for you and be generous to let others believe what they choose to as long as it doesn't harm others- this is my motto in life.

s
     I always seek to differentiate between unsubstantiated belief and understanding founded on evidence.  If that's a skeptical approach so be it.

I leave others to judge for themselves what their approach is but I reserve the right to ask whatever questions I do - others may be interested in what I say or they may not, may wish to give their account or choose not, and I'm fine with all that.

In turn I'm comfortable in others doing the same to me.... :love: 
    shayn
    shayn

Female

Post  shayn Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:51 pm

and what an evidence would be Mac? what is solid proof against skepticism?

s
    mac

Male

Post  mac Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:23 pm

shayn wrote:and what an evidence would be Mac? what is solid proof against skepticism?

s

Evidence is what one finds about a subject compared with belief which is what one think or believes about a matter without there being evidence it's actually so. 

As for solid proof against skepticism I have no idea what that means.  I'm not a skeptic so it's outside of my experience....  I ask questions about what I don't follow or understand.
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:05 pm

Ok,I can understand that,Mac.
    Must admit I have never understood animal guides myself but I do accept that they may exist.

I constantly dream of my dog many times but only because she was very close to my husband and I.   But have never thought of her as a guide.

Still we never know exactly what the truth is....How do we know whether animals give us guidance in spirit or not.   But maybe not in the way we think of here but in spirit,it could be completely different.
    shayn
    shayn

Female

Post  shayn Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:34 pm

mac wrote:
    shayn wrote:and what an evidence would be Mac? what is solid proof against skepticism?

s

Evidence is what one finds about a subject compared with belief which is what one think or believes about a matter without there being evidence it's actually so. 

As for solid proof against skepticism I have no idea what that means.  I'm not a skeptic so it's outside of my experience....  I ask questions about what I don't follow or understand.
     "what one finds"- Macs with this you mean: whatever our senses present to us and the  comprehension of the brain?

as for asking questions Mac- there is nothing wrong with that, as long as you ask question but when you disguise a demand for a proof in a form of a question this is not asking a question.   an explanation is the best thing someone can give for his or her belief, this is why it is a belief, and one can have a very clear evidence for his belief but it is not an evidence that can be shared - for example a mystical experience - if i to tell you i just had coffee with God, can you contradict me? you can say you do not believe me, but there is nothing you can do to proof that that nice looking guy i was just talking to was not infect God. and at the same time there is nothing i can do to prove so to you. 

take the term LOVE, can you prove someone you love them? you can do all the right things, pretend from now till the end of time and act like what is suppose to be shown as love, but can the other person know for sure you love them? you can be a good actor, doing the right things, because maybe there is something for you to gain or not, i don't know..  can you know a person really love you, can you honestly say you know it, or you just believe it to be so and you regard your belief as knowledge?

what i mean dear Mac, is that you are asking the impossible, no one can give you a proof, maybe someone can tell you about his or her state of mind, but proof - nop. 
    and the best thing you can do is to try and give a critical falsification of someone's belief, but the days of an empirical or any kind of justification are long gone and dead thanks to dear one Popper.

and i hope you don't take it personally, we are just talking about what is or is not a proof or evidence here- right. 
    S

spiritone*

Number of posts : 63
    Registration date : 2013-07-08

Post  spiritone* Sat Aug 10, 2013 12:44 am

Joan what I have just read, so it's still on my mind! LOL is that we have spirit guides and helper guides. Our helper guides can be a former relative or friend and we can ask them for direction but they can help us but can't tell us what to do. Our guides are higher ups like Masters and we can have them for many life times. I will look for that book so I can be sure to tell it the way it was written. Animals aren't guides but they are called Totems and we all have at least one. I think mine must be fish because I am shown fish all the time before spirit appears.

I will look up the above information and get back to you. Truthfully I don't think we are really going to know till we are on the other side because every one seems to have a different story when they write. I just try to pay attention if I hear the same things more than a few times from a reputable source, but even some of them have changed their beliefs as they have progressed in their enlightenment!:hugz:
    Auras

Male

Post  Auras Sat Aug 10, 2013 1:14 am

i think many of you are confused by the fact of 'spirit guides'. according to my opinion, my opinion is like spirits, we have spirit guides and helper guides and guardian angels and spirit aniamals, so have you ever asked yourself 'why ate they here for who and who are they' and then meditated, you never know you could find yourself getting an answer.

although, we have guides that pop in and out of our lives whenever they like and we have our guide that stays with us from birth till we pass over to the spirit world.

like i said its a subjective term, its how you define it.
    spiritone*

Number of posts : 63
    Registration date : 2013-07-08

Post  spiritone* Sat Aug 10, 2013 1:25 am

Another great way to find out who your spirit guides are is to ask a Medium during a reading. If they are true Mediums they will see them and tell you who they see. I have been told I have a male and female indian, a buddha, my grandmother and a humor guide who is a little girl called Lara. I don't think they show themselves all the time so I always ask who they see when I have a reading. I have also asked my grandmother in spirit :hugz: and she told me my Aunt who was like a mother to me, is one of my guides.
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Sat Aug 10, 2013 6:30 am

spiritone* wrote:Joan what I have just read, so it's still on my mind! LOL is that we have spirit guides and helper guides. Our helper guides can be a former relative or friend and we can ask them for direction but they can help us but can't tell us what to do. Our guides are higher ups like Masters and we can have them for many life times. I will look for that book so I can be sure to tell it the way it was written. Animals aren't guides but they are called Totems and we all have at least one. I think mine must be fish because I am shown fish all the time before spirit appears.

I will look up the above information and get back to you. Truthfully I don't think we are really going to know till we are on the other side because every one seems to have a different story when they write. I just try to pay attention if I hear the same things more than a few times from a reputable source, but even some of them have changed their beliefs as they have progressed in their enlightenment!:hugz:
     Looking forward to that,Katt.    Animals guides have always confused me,like how can animals help us with guidance?    Except with protection from harm.
    Totems I can understand.....Sort of like the Scottish who carry a bit of heather around with them for good luck...:blush: 
    We all have our good luck symbols....
    Be back later,off for the day out....
    Joan xx
    mac

Male

Post  mac Sat Aug 10, 2013 9:08 am

shayn wrote:
    mac wrote:

s

My responses in blue text.....

"what one finds"- Macs with this you mean: whatever our senses present to us and the  comprehension of the brain?  I wasn't seeking to prescribe what evidence is - it's likely to be different for different individuals.  Evidence is usually something which can be tested, something that stands up to scrutiny.  Our personal comprehension or our senses aren't evidence unless they meet similar, simple criteria.  Our beliefs may feel absolutely justified, they may be totally sincere, they may be irrefutable when they're totally personal but they're not automatically evidence.

as for asking questions Mac- there is nothing wrong with that, as long as you ask question  Isn't that what I had been doing.....? but when you disguise a demand for a proof in a form of a question this is not asking a questionNow you're unjustly claiming I've disguised a demand for proof and that has never been my way.  Just take a look at any of my postings and you won't ever find me asking for proof of anything.  Additionally I resent you dictating what I can, or must not, ask.  I don't dictate to others and expect to be treated similarly in return.     an explanation is the best thing someone can give for his or her belief, this is why it is a belief, and one can have a very clear evidence for his belief but it is not an evidence that can be shared - for example a mystical experience - if i to tell you i just had coffee with God, can you contradict me? you can say you do not believe me, but there is nothing you can do to proof that that nice looking guy i was just talking to was not infect God. and at the same time there is nothing i can do to prove so to you.  As I suggested earlier even the most sincere belief is not evidence.  Questioning belief doesn't negate it but if you look back I wasn't challenging anyone's beliefs. I was simply asking whether anyone found the subjects of 'Spirit Guides and Power Animals' (forum title) to be odd bedfellows.....

take the term LOVE, can you prove someone you love them? you can do all the right things, pretend from now till the end of time and act like what is suppose to be shown as love, but can the other person know for sure you love them? you can be a good actor, doing the right things, because maybe there is something for you to gain or not, i don't know..  can you know a person really love you, can you honestly say you know it, or you just believe it to be so and you regard your belief as knowledge? 

what i mean dear Mac, is that you are asking the impossible, no one can give you a proof, maybe someone can tell you about his or her state of mind, but proof - nop. 
    and the best thing you can do is to try and give a critical falsification of someone's belief,  Is that what you're really suggesting I should do - I should give a critical falsification of someone's beliefs?  I try hard not to misconstrue what anyone writes and would never falsify it     but the days of an empirical or any kind of justification are long gone and dead thanks to dear one Popper.

and i hope you don't take it personally, we are just talking about what is or is not a proof or evidence here- right.   As I've already pointed out I wasn't asking for the impossible as you suggest a few sentences above or indeed asking for proof about anything but it does feel like your taking a pop at me personally because you've repeatedly addressed me personally. No matter. I'm not upset by that.

I'm not uncomfortable with anyone not agreeing with me and don't expect anyone to change their ideas to mine, but I do expect to be able to ask whatever I wish and challenge if I think I see weaknesses in a presentation.  If those apparent weaknesses can be supported and defended, though, then plainly they're not weaknesses at all and I'd be wrong.

And I can live with that.
      :hugz: 

shayn
    shayn

Female

Post  shayn Sat Aug 10, 2013 9:36 am

mac. 
     you asked me if i suggest you should give a critical falsification to someone's beliefe?
    my answer to you is this: honestly, yes! - but unless you want to end up in most cases fighting with this person - only do it with yourself, and if something doesn't make sense to you then why should you accept it? just because everyone else belief in power animals and animals as guides it means you should accept it? and what if they are all wrong? so yes go a head and do that: it will also make things clearer for you as to what you believe in and accept and what.
    but on matters of belief you just can't ask for proof, there is no proof nor evidence anyone can give you, nor should they give you an explaination and when you ask someone if their belief is a real one or just a trick of their subconscious- yes this is 1 insulting as you just claim my belief (not in this case but i'm sure of others) is not a real one, 2. you ask me to prove you that it is not - something that is impossible to do as in most case the evidence i have is a personal one and can't hold to your demand that the evidence would be something public that everyone can have/see or whatever. and if you can't feel it or see it, doesn't it really mean i'm misleading myself? NO! your asking for evidence is not legit here. simple as that.
    if you ask for explanation- this is something else, but then there shouldn't be claims of subconscious or real deal, for a believer whatever he holds is the real deal.
    but again if i belief the guy i was talking with just now was God, does it mean you have believe in it as well and accept it to be the truth? NO, use your own brain and come to your own conclusion,  but unless i'm trying to force you to believe me or take my word for real, please don't diminish me belief as non real or a trick of my mind, just because you can't accept it or for yourself proved it wrong.

if i may suggest something Mac, as the search of evidence is something you seek, that you might look into  critical research into what is known as mystical experience  of people this might help you have a better concept of different types of evidence, as this team is not as narrow as you portrait it to be- and yes again use your critical thinking to see if you accept it or not :)
    at the end, even with a given evidence if there is any of such one should use critical falsification - this is how we progress and this is how we can clear things  for ourselves as if we take them to be or not, history showed us time and time again that even the most clear cut evidence can be misleading and wrong sometimes...

And with this dear Mac, i end the topic of evidence for now.. But would like to ask you: please would you share with us, what your beliefs about animals and their roll as guides? :)
    mac

Male

Post  mac Sat Aug 10, 2013 11:13 am

shayn wrote:same again in blue text

you asked me if i suggest you should give a critical falsification to someone's beliefe?
    my answer to you is this: honestly, yes! - but unless you want to end up in most cases fighting with this person - only do it with yourself, and if something doesn't make sense to you then why should you accept it?   What do you mean by a "critical falsification"?  Falsification means something different to me I guess.... Why would I end up fighting?  I don't want to fight although I suppose others might want to fight against me.  Is that how it's making you feel? .....  just because everyone else belief in power animals and animals as guides it means you should accept it? and what if they are all wrong? so yes go a head and do that: it will also make things clearer for you as to what you believe in and accept and what.  I'm sorry that I haven't made myself clear in the past but I have no need for making things clearer for me etc...

but on matters of belief you just can't ask for proof, there is no proof  Didn't I already deal with this word 'proof' even though I've never mentioned needing proof..?.. nor evidence anyone can give you, nor should they give you an explaination and when you ask someone if their belief is a real one or just a trick of their subconscious- yes this is 1 insulting as you just claim my belief (not in this case but i'm sure of others) is not a real one, 2. you ask me to prove you that it is not - I HAVEN'T ASKED YOU FOR PROOF OF ANYTHING! something that is impossible to do as in most case the evidence i have is a personal one and can't hold to your demand that the evidence  I DIDN'T DEMAND ANYTHING OF YOU! would be something public that everyone can have/see or whatever. and if you can't feel it or see it, doesn't it really mean i'm misleading myself? NO! your asking for evidence is not legit here. simple as that.  legitimate?  So you're claiming that what I asked about was illegitimate?

if you ask for explanation- this is something else, but then there shouldn't be claims of subconscious or real deal, for a believer whatever he holds is the real deal.
    but again if i belief the guy i was talking with just now was God, does it mean you have believe in it as well and accept it to be the truth? NO, use your own brain and come to your own conclusion,  but unless i'm trying to force you to believe me or take my word for real, please don't diminish me belief as non real or a trick of my mind, just because you can't accept it or for yourself proved it wrong.  Sorry but there are just too many words and ideas here all at one go....

if i may suggest something Mac, as the search of evidence is something you seek, that you might look into  critical research into what is known as mystical experience  of people this might help you have a better concept of different types of evidence, as this team is not as narrow as you portrait it to be- and yes again use your critical thinking to see if you accept it or not :)
    at the end, even with a given evidence if there is any of such one should use critical falsification - this is how we progress and this is how we can clear things  for ourselves as if we take them to be or not, history showed us time and time again that even the most clear cut evidence can be misleading and wrong sometimes... Same again, one sentence with too many words and again with mention of 'critical falsification' that this simple soul just doesn't follow....

And with this dear Mac, i end the topic of evidence for now.. But would like to ask you: please would you share with us, what your beliefs about animals and their roll as guides? :)  A simple question put to me which is equally simple to answer! 

I don't have any beliefs about animals as guides.  I don't know if animals can be guides and that's why I found 'spirit guides' and 'power animals'
    a curious mix in the same forum.  Now I do know what I mean by the term 'spirit guide' but the consideration of one against the other kinda got lost down all these dead-end sidetracks, don't you agree?
    shayn
    shayn

Female

Post  shayn Sat Aug 10, 2013 1:59 pm

hi Mac
    lets start again: suppose i say:" i have an animal guide, it is a big pink elephant, with red tail and white polka dots.."
    you ask in your original question: is it actual or is it your subconscious? your original question- what am i suppose to answer? what are you expecting  to hear?  would you think i would state such a belief if i wouldn't held it to be the truth - actual and real?

as for the other part.. personally i don't know if an animal can be a guide or not.. but i don't see the contradiction that you see.
    what do you mean when you say a spirit guide?

s

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 3:55 am