Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
SpiritVoices
mac
eyeopen
7 posters

Site Issue: Getting stuck in the "quotes"

eyeopen
    eyeopen

Number of posts : 1380
    Registration date : 2012-04-03

Site Issue: Getting stuck in the "quotes"  Empty Site Issue: Getting stuck in the "quotes"

Post  eyeopen Thu Dec 12, 2013 11:07 pm

Hi all thansk goes to Joanies (spirit vocies) whom I got this off, not sure if theres a topic, I see couple people whom havnt worked this out yet ro been told so thought id post it.

Ok When you reply using reply Quote, the cursor is stuck in the persons whom your replying quote box, eg you cant write outside the box and your text easily gets confused with theirs, so this is what we do,

Hit the Reply Quote button/link and then on the top right theres an icon at the end on the right, with a picture of a page right corner folded in. The icons just above the reply box, so use the cursor/mouse pointer put ti over the Icon, and it says "Switch Editor Mode"

After you do this you wont see the boxes and can move the mouse at the end outside of all quotes and write it properly. Il show u how it works out lol,

:urwelcome:
    eyeopen
    eyeopen

Site Issue: Getting stuck in the "quotes"  Empty Re: Site Issue: Getting stuck in the "quotes"

Post  eyeopen Thu Dec 12, 2013 11:08 pm

eyeopen wrote:Hi all thansk goes to Joanies (spirit vocies) whom I got this off, not sure if theres a topic, I see couple people whom havnt worked this out yet ro been told so thought id post it.

Ok When you reply using reply Quote, the cursor is stuck in the persons whom your replying quote box, eg you cant write outside the box and your text easily gets confused with theirs, so this is what we do,

Hit the Reply Quote button/link and then on the top right theres an icon at the end on the right, with a picture of a page right corner folded in. The icons just above the reply box, so use the cursor/mouse pointer put ti over the Icon, and it says "Switch Editor Mode"

After you do this you wont see the boxes and can move the mouse at the end outside of all quotes and write it properly. Il show u how it works out lol,

This is how it normally appears as of recently,
    eyeopen
    eyeopen

Site Issue: Getting stuck in the "quotes"  Empty Re: Site Issue: Getting stuck in the "quotes"

Post  eyeopen Thu Dec 12, 2013 11:09 pm

eyeopen wrote:Hi all thansk goes to Joanies (spirit vocies) whom I got this off, not sure if theres a topic, I see couple people whom havnt worked this out yet ro been told so thought id post it.

Editors Mode

You can now type outside the box! woooooo, lol
    mac

Male
    Number of posts : 4147
    Job/hobbies : retired
    Registration date : 2010-04-23

Post  mac Fri Dec 13, 2013 12:03 am

yep it works!

But it didn't used to need this workaround.  The website's not been working properly since the last major problems.  Additionally often icons don't display in preview (or after posting) and there's just the descriptive text instead of the icon -    :sleepy3:  - like this one.....

Also choosing alternate text formatting totally screws up line spacing and carriage returns. It's a shame as I like to write clearly and this system battles me.
    eyeopen
    eyeopen

Post  eyeopen Fri Dec 13, 2013 12:35 am

mac wrote:

yep it works!

But it didn't used to need this workaround.  The website's not been working properly since the last major problems.  Additionally often icons don't display in preview (or after posting) and there's just the descriptive text instead of the icon -    :sleepy3:  - like this one.....

Also choosing alternate text formatting totally screws up line spacing and carriage returns.  It's a shame as I like to write clearly and this system battles me.

Thanks, your welcome,

Im sure youl get use to it, Im not sure whom does the site management but I think after recent christmas changes few links messed up and stopped working, but it works ok for now. As for icons not in replies etc, its not too much of a biggie.

:love:

My icons came in my quote replies, your didnt then again, hmm
    mac

Male
    Number of posts : 4147
    Job/hobbies : retired
    Registration date : 2010-04-23

Post  mac Fri Dec 13, 2013 4:48 am

eyeopen wrote:
    mac wrote:

yep it works!

Also choosing alternate text formatting totally screws up line spacing and carriage returns.  It's a shame as I like to write clearly and this system battles me.

Thanks, your welcome,

Im sure youl get use to it, Im not sure whom does the site management but I think after recent christmas changes few links messed up and stopped working, but it works ok for now. As for icons not in replies etc, its not too much of a biggie.

It's the inconsistency that's puzzling and it can sometimes be quite annoying when an icon's desirable in what I'm writing.
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

Post  SpiritVoices Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:29 am

I haven't tried your way yet,Eyeopen but will have a go.

I find it just as easy though to cut and paste the post you wish to reply to,then paste further down with reply following....

Anything is better than having to reply to a previous post way up the topic with an answer way down the topic.   This causes confusion to other members trying to put 2 and 2 together....
    Whisperingteams
    Whisperingteams

Female
    Number of posts : 288
    Registration date : 2013-07-10

Post  Whisperingteams Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:54 pm

perfect thank you..i was doing 'cut and paste' before seeing this....thank you
    mayflow
    mayflow

Number of posts : 894
    Job/hobbies : Electronics, RF energy, test equipment
    Registration date : 2013-12-03

Post  mayflow Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:14 pm

It works!
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:34 pm

I find it just as quick to 'copy and paste' whatever you want to answer.

Paste on the next blank page then place your answer underneath...
    Bingo!  Just like that!!!!     (Tommy Cooper...... :tong: )
     :giggles:
    Kaere

Female
    Number of posts : 2719
    Registration date : 2009-05-19

Post  Kaere Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:40 pm

You should only have to switch your editor once, Joanie... so perhaps in the long run you might find it worth it  :bfs: 
    mayflow
    mayflow

Post  mayflow Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:42 pm

Kaere wrote:You should only have to switch your editor once, Joanie... so perhaps in the long run you might find it worth it  :bfs: 

Kaere is right!
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Sat Dec 14, 2013 1:01 pm

Going to try it later,Kaere.....Was just too tired last night to try it... :tired: 
    Been very busy this morning..so will have a look later after a rest...

:thanku:
    Kaere

Female
    Number of posts : 2719
    Registration date : 2009-05-19

Post  Kaere Sat Dec 14, 2013 4:37 pm

LOL... sounds good. Just a one button click while you're typing a reply to someone  :giggles: 
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Sat Dec 14, 2013 4:53 pm

Thanks Kaere..... :love:
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Sat Dec 14, 2013 5:05 pm

Ah! Is this correct??????
     :blush: 
    eyeopen
    eyeopen

Post  eyeopen Sat Dec 14, 2013 6:25 pm

mac wrote:
    eyeopen wrote:
    mac wrote:

yep it works!

Thanks, your welcome,

It's the inconsistency that's puzzling and it can sometimes be quite annoying when an icon's desirable in what I'm writing.

Aww sentimental value, lol, whod fo guessed it,

:hugz:  :hugz:  :hugz: 

eyeopen
    eyeopen

Post  eyeopen Sat Dec 14, 2013 6:32 pm

SpiritVoices wrote:I haven't tried your way yet,Eyeopen but will have a go.

I find it just as easy though to cut and paste the post you wish to reply to,then paste further down with reply following....

Anything is better than having to reply to a previous post way up the topic with an answer way down the topic.   This causes confusion to other members trying to put 2 and 2 together....

You havnt tried your the one that told me to use editors mode? Anyways your choice, Its easier this way than copying and pasting as you just reply and write after the {/quote}

I know its confusing I never really use to use quotes lol, I would just write the name.

eyeopen
    eyeopen

Post  eyeopen Sat Dec 14, 2013 6:38 pm

SpiritVoices wrote:

Ah! Is this correct??????
     :blush: 

Yeppppppppppp! wel done hun,

eyeopen
    eyeopen

Post  eyeopen Sat Dec 14, 2013 6:38 pm

:urwelcome: :urwelcome: :urwelcome: Y'all
    1antique
    1antique
    Elite

Male
    Number of posts : 3378
    Job/hobbies : Searching For The Truth
    Registration date : 2009-02-18

Post  1antique Sat Dec 14, 2013 7:15 pm

eyesopen said wrote:Site Issue: Getting stuck in the "quotes"  182340 Site Issue: Getting stuck in the "quotes"  182340 Site Issue: Getting stuck in the "quotes"  182340 Y'all

Sounds so complicated.

Why not just copy the text you wish to quote, paste it and then highlight it.Then hit the quote button. It will give you the option of placing the person's name you are quoting, then hit enter. works just fine.
    mayflow
    mayflow

Post  mayflow Sat Dec 14, 2013 7:19 pm

1antique wrote:
    eyesopen said wrote:Site Issue: Getting stuck in the "quotes"  182340 Site Issue: Getting stuck in the "quotes"  182340 Site Issue: Getting stuck in the "quotes"  182340 Y'all

Sounds so complicated.

Why not just copy the text you wish to quote, paste it and then highlight it.Then hit the quote button. It will give you the option of placing the person's name you are quoting, then hit enter. works just fine.

Well, then you have to do that every time. You switch editors one time in a few seconds like eyeopen suggested, and that's it. From then on, you just click on quote and go.
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Sat Dec 14, 2013 7:22 pm

My head is spinning.....Not much difference between the two actually...
    mayflow
    mayflow

Post  mayflow Sat Dec 14, 2013 7:28 pm

SpiritVoices wrote:My head is spinning.....Not much difference between the two actually...

On a one time basis perhaps, but you only have to switch the editor once, and never again. The other ways, you have to do it over and over again everytime.
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Sat Dec 14, 2013 7:33 pm

You have a point there.

Apparently this is happening on more than one site.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 12:58 pm