Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

Vision Quest dream?

Seekerofsolace
    Just joined

Number of posts : 4
    Registration date : 2013-12-06

Vision Quest dream? Empty Vision Quest dream?

Post  Seekerofsolace Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:32 am

A few nights ago I had a dream in which I was in a clearing in the middle of the woods.  An elder man told me to lay down on the ground on my side with my back facing him.  I did as he said and he asked me to wait and see what happens.  I saw several wolves circling me.  They were curious about me, but hesitant at the same time.  They wanted to come near, but didn't.  I remember they were tan and gray wolves.  A large black boar pig came out of the woods and stood beside me.  I remember looking up at him as I lay on the ground and seeing his razor sharp tusks.  I thought, man this guy could totally gore me with those if he wanted.  He snorted a few times and then the dream switched.

After the dream switched I was in a relative's house which is very disheveled in real life.  There were white wolves in this house and one of them came at me.  I wasn't sure if it was attacking, but it jumped 8 feet high and was coming down toward me.  After this happened, I shoo'd the wolves out and there was one left.  My wife appeared and said, "Get that one!"  I told her no because it was my old White German Shepherd dog I used to have.  I woke up after this.

I feel this could have been my own vision quest, as I don't really have time to go on a real one, one was constructed for me by my mind.  The boar to me symbolizes stability and strength, without being too imposing.  I am unsure what the colors mean.  Black boar, white wolves.  I know sometimes white means purity, but that is not always the case.  I recognized my German Shepherd by his "red tipped" hair and his personality.  Even though he wasn't "pure white" I knew him as a friend.  Any thoughts are most welcome!
    Medicine_Dog
    Medicine_Dog

Male
    Number of posts : 56
    Job/hobbies : Native Medicine
    Registration date : 2013-12-06

Vision Quest dream? Empty Re: Vision Quest dream?

Post  Medicine_Dog Tue Dec 17, 2013 5:08 pm

Howdy brother, it's good to see you here!  :asmile: 

Boars have a tricky symbolism since they weren't native to the region, however there aggressive nature and fearless attitude represent a warrior type medicine. The color black is symbolic of introspection or the west of the medicine wheel. I think the wolves where in circling you to protect you, and the boar was checking your resolve. In the next part of the dream, when the wolf jumped at you I think it was doing the same thing; checking your fear. You say the house was untidy might represent some refining that is needed in the wolf part of the mind. 

White represents wisdom and the north part of the wheel, it also could represent spirit.
    The dog may have been telling you that the wolves where ok and not to worry about them. 

What about the old man? Was he native? He could be some type of guide as well..that's all I can come up with now. Thunder will be along shortly-- maybe he can add to it..

Interesting dream, it's full of symbolism.. See you later! :peace:

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 3:14 pm