Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
mac
Knight of Albion
Violet
SpiritVoices
8 posters

Change in the Weather.

SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

Change in the Weather. Empty Change in the Weather.

Post  SpiritVoices Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:51 pm

Does this weather worry us?   The sudden changes we are experiencing?

What I mean is, apart from the down feeling of the constant rain,the floods and emergencies which are happening here in the UK,does this sudden change in the world,not only our country but many places abroad,of constant change all over.

The whole world seems to be changing.    Affecting all mankind in different ways.

Depression,poverty,fighting making us all feel inadequate in some way.
    Even coming on the internet,I get a feeling that everyone is just giving up.
    Waiting for the next blow to fall...
    I browsed through the internet for an hour this afternoon,reading nothing but bad news.   
    Is there anything good happening in the world today?
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Change in the Weather. Empty Re: Change in the Weather.

Post  Violet Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:56 pm

Hi Joanie there is always good happening, it's just that sometimes we need to look a bit harder to see it the papers and other media focus on the bad because that is what sells as humans we have a morbid fascination for horror we like to be shocked, so they're just giving us what we want, it is important to know what is going on in the world though otherwise changes wouldn't happen, even some of what we see as 'bad' right now might make for a better world for future generations.

Re the weather, it is what it is, that is one thing man will never control and own for his own ends, have you ever seen The Lorax (kids film) that's about a guy who got rid of all the trees and 'sold' air that is just the type of thing man would do if he could, the weather does get really bad and destructive but look ar the summer we had last year.

I don't think people are giving up as such, times are hard but they were last summer when we had all that sun, I think long dark winters affect many more than is thought also you see the tv more hear more bad news.

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:56 am

I guess you are right,Violet....comparing the days of yesterday to today,everything seems to be going from bad to worse....
    What with floods,poverty,etc the world becoming very depressing to live in...
    Knight of Albion
    Knight of Albion

Male
    Number of posts : 568
    Registration date : 2013-12-18

Post  Knight of Albion Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:26 pm

The whole world's weather seems to be changing. Severe storms, flood, drought, snow ...

Climate change is for real and it's here now, and it's set to be life-changing and world-changing.

The sacred duty of man was/is to be the good guardian of Mother Earth and all the creatures of God. As always 'we' had better ideas... 
    It looks like we ran out of second chances.
    mac

Male
    Number of posts : 4147
    Job/hobbies : retired
    Registration date : 2010-04-23

Post  mac Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:08 pm

I follow science 'stuff' quite closely and the climate is an ever-popular and always-contentious issue.

A few facts are incontrovertible.  The earth's climate has become significantly warmer of late.  Natural variations in our climate are normal, even pretty major variations.  Humankind's activities are impacting elements of the climate.  Add 'em all together and it may explain the recent years' extremes of weather.
    We don't owe 'Mother Nature' anything but this is the only place we have to live and we need to consider what we're prepared to allow before we say enough.  That's a hard starting point as there's so much political and financial content to that discussion.

Of course while we're 'fiddling as Rome burns' the situation is getting worse day-on-day but how and when will mankind and its leaders reach the point of saying enough?  My guess is that it's several decades in the future if ever.

So we're stuck with the weather and maybe it will be a pattern of more of the extreme weather events we're presently seeing.  Only time will tell but as Violet points out it's ususally the bad news that's reported more than all the good stuff and at the same time as showing concern we also need to maintain a sense of proportion.

Strike a happy medium if we know any to strike!
    partofme
    partofme

Female
    Number of posts : 820
    Job/hobbies : spiritual growth, repurposer, gardening...anything creative.
    Registration date : 2013-05-29

Post  partofme Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:39 pm

Violet wrote:

Re the weather, it is what it is, that is one thing man will never control and own for his own ends, have you ever seen The Lorax (kids film) that's about a guy who got rid of all the trees and 'sold' air that is just the type of thing man would do if he could, the weather does get really bad and destructive but look ar the summer we had last year.
    I don't think people are giving up as such, times are hard but they were last summer when we had all that sun, I think long dark winters affect many more than is thought also you see the tv more hear more bad news.
    There are actual chemical reactions within the body that can affect one mentally as well as physically.  

Its energy that puts it out there too.  It has been said that these bouts of depression, greed, anger and negative energy have created some of the past diseases and plagues.  Pretty interesting program but cant recall the name of it.  A google search will more than likely give some sort of link if any one is interested in finding out more.
    mayflow
    mayflow

Number of posts : 894
    Job/hobbies : Electronics, RF energy, test equipment
    Registration date : 2013-12-03

Post  mayflow Fri Feb 14, 2014 10:02 pm

It's been worse than  this countless of times. How about the great flood, or the changings of the north and south magnetic poles, possibly the destructions of entire continents like Atlantis and Lemuria, even just of late, http://www.farmersalmanac.com/weather/2007/12/21/top-eleven-most-memorable-weather-events/

What we see now days is not all that bad as has been many times before, but with the information highways of today we see much more and much more quickly than ever before, and there is good and bad and for some odd reasons I DON'T UNDERSTAND, the medias like to focus mostly on what they think is the bad. This is because I sadly suppose, the focus on the bad garners more attention than the focus on the good. Perhaps this is a trend we may focus on changing?

I remember once hearing someone saying "We give power to what we think on"
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Fri Feb 14, 2014 10:33 pm

I had a taste of the storm this afternoon...standing in the kitchen making tea,forgot the window was slightly open...
    The blast that came through that window was fierce!
    Pushed me back towards the kitchen cupboards....that was enough for me.    Slammed the window shut,forgot the tea and rushed out of the kitchen,slammed the kitchen door....I'm still starving..... :blush:
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Post  Violet Sat Feb 15, 2014 12:16 am

mac wrote:I follow science 'stuff' quite closely and the climate is an ever-popular and always-contentious issue.

A few facts are incontrovertible.  The earth's climate has become significantly warmer of late.  Natural variations in our climate are normal, even pretty major variations.  Humankind's activities are impacting elements of the climate.  Add 'em all together and it may explain the recent years' extremes of weather.

Ahem! I heard that :naughty:

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    ameliorate
    ameliorate

Female
    Number of posts : 3603
    Job/hobbies : Full-time person! Cooking, creating things
    Registration date : 2012-02-15

Post  ameliorate Sat Feb 15, 2014 12:45 am

In case there is any doubt, most scientists now concur that climate change is a fact.
    mac

Male

Post  mac Sat Feb 15, 2014 2:06 am

ameliorate wrote:In case there is any doubt, most scientists now concur that climate change is a fact.
     What they don't concur about is how much is down to natural cycles/events and how much is down to the impact of humankind's activities....
    mac

Male

Post  mac Sat Feb 15, 2014 2:08 am

Violet wrote:
    mac wrote:I follow science 'stuff' quite closely and the climate is an ever-popular and always-contentious issue.

Ahem! I heard that :naughty:
    Who said mac is always too serious! 
    mac

Male

Post  mac Sat Feb 15, 2014 2:20 am

mayflow wrote:It's been worse than  this countless of times. How about the great flood, or the changings of the north and south magnetic poles, possibly the destructions of entire continents like Atlantis and Lemuria, even just of late, http://www.farmersalmanac.com/weather/2007/12/21/top-eleven-most-memorable-weather-events/

What we see now days is not all that bad as has been many times before, but with the information highways of today we see much more and much more quickly than ever before, and there is good and bad and for some odd reasons I DON'T UNDERSTAND, the medias like to focus mostly on what they think is the bad. This is because I sadly suppose, the focus on the bad garners more attention than the focus on the good. Perhaps this is a trend we may focus on changing?

I remember once hearing someone saying "We give power to what we think on"
    The news media focus on what sells newspapers or what they think will most effectively get the attention of the viewers, which in turn boosts rating and advertising hence maximising profitability and/or improving the profile etc.

Some website members have said they will not watch TV or read newspapers because so much attention is focused on bad news....

I get their point but it doesn't change anything.  I prefer to know rather be ignorant, whatever the news, however bad it is.
    ameliorate
    ameliorate

Female

Post  ameliorate Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:28 am

To offset the feeling of the OP....this is what I saw today and am sharing it's serenity, beauty and instructiveness. Enjoy.

norseman
    norseman

Male
    Number of posts : 318
    Job/hobbies : Striding the hedge
    Registration date : 2010-01-27

Post  norseman Sun Mar 02, 2014 3:38 pm

There is a need to reconsider the planet. It is not just a chunk of rock with seas and an atmosphere, it is a constantly changing, complex system. The best model so far is that proposed by Lovelock in his Gaia Principles
    http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/gaia/esp_gaia14.htm

There is ample evidence of homeostasis in the conditions of the planet as a system maintaining a set of conditions which maximise life in the general sense. Two of the most striking factors are the oxygen content of the atmosphere which, to all intents and purposes, is static and, secondly, the salinity of the oceans which ought to be increasing considering leaching of minerals from the dry land into the oceans but something is maintaining a steady state.

WE, Mankind, are an extremely egocentric species who think that the whole world revolves around our actions whereas, truth is, Mankind is just one species among many and Gaia is maintaining condition for ALL life, all the biomass which is a broader concept than you might think.
    ameliorate
    ameliorate

Female

Post  ameliorate Sun Mar 02, 2014 3:56 pm

Norseman - yes I am familiar with Lovelock's gaia hypothesis (involving earth as being self regulatory) but I wonder how you would square this with the current and constant wild, freaky weather world wide?  Could it be that the earth is having to fluctuate wildly to try and reach an equilibrium now?  

I bear in mind that scientists say that we are also overdue for a magnetic polar shift...could this be the start of that?  Not trying to be alarmist here but I am a realist and want to see what might be the case.
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Sun Mar 02, 2014 4:41 pm

Must admit I am with Amy here.     But then again,contradicting myself,I remember the same kind of weather back when I was a child....Rainy summers,rain and snow automatically through the winter.   Heavy winds,Autumn winds and downpours of rain.   It was automatic to say, to remark to someone....'Oh dear,rain again,wouldn't think it was summer,would you?'

...and I remember when we did get a heatwave,it was Hot!
    ameliorate
    ameliorate

Female

Post  ameliorate Sun Mar 02, 2014 4:48 pm

Yes there have always been weather anomalies at odd times.  What is pertinent though is the current constancy and frequency of these freak weather conditions.  Scientists have identified it to be climate change, i.e. man's negative impact effecting the weather we are now experiencing globally.
    norseman
    norseman

Male
    Number of posts : 318
    Job/hobbies : Striding the hedge
    Registration date : 2010-01-27

Post  norseman Sun Mar 02, 2014 6:52 pm

ameliorate wrote:Norseman - yes I am familiar with Lovelock's gaia hypothesis (involving earth as being self regulatory) but I wonder how you would square this with the current and constant wild, freaky weather world wide?  Could it be that the earth is having to fluctuate wildly to try and reach an equilibrium now?  

I bear in mind that scientists say that we are also overdue for a magnetic polar shift...could this be the start of that?  Not trying to be alarmist here but I am a realist and want to see what might be the case.
    Short-term fluctuations are not necessarily a guide to long-term trends. If archeological records are examined, there is evidence of 8 hot-cold cycles in the last 100,000 years - almost regular as clockwork on a 14000 year cycle - the last Ice Age peaked out about 10000 years ago. so another cold period is in the offing. These things have to be looked at from the archeological perspective, the evidence is in the geology. We are pumping out a lot of CO2 atm but the atmosphere was once rich in Carbon Monoxide which has gone somewhere and the oceans are the largest CO2 sponge, so ?? The "major" impact from human consumption of fossil fuels has only been about a century which is a blinking of the eye in Earth's time scale.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:34 am