Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Radio sensory - online radio for autistic people (Now on Tune in radio)

Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Radio sensory - online radio for autistic people (Now on Tune in radio) Empty Radio sensory - online radio for autistic people (Now on Tune in radio)

Post  Violet Sun Feb 16, 2014 12:38 am

Radio sensory - online radio for autistic people (Now on Tune in radio)

http://www.radiosensory.co.uk/

I have started to make a internet radio with public domain music for people with autism to help keep calm and to help not have meltdowns it is fully non-profit.
    they may be some random stops as i config the server.
    the steam is here:
    http://radio.radiosensory.co.uk:8000/listen.pls
    it needs vlc or winamp as windows media won't support it.
    Thank You and happy sensory

Approved by Violet

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    mac

Male
    Number of posts : 4147
    Job/hobbies : retired
    Registration date : 2010-04-23

Radio sensory - online radio for autistic people (Now on Tune in radio) Empty Re: Radio sensory - online radio for autistic people (Now on Tune in radio)

Post  mac Sun Feb 16, 2014 2:45 pm

Who has the interest in autism, Violet?
    mac

Male
    Number of posts : 4147
    Job/hobbies : retired
    Registration date : 2010-04-23

Radio sensory - online radio for autistic people (Now on Tune in radio) Empty Re: Radio sensory - online radio for autistic people (Now on Tune in radio)

Post  mac Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:41 pm

Violet wrote:Radio sensory - online radio for autistic people (Now on Tune in radio)

http://www.radiosensory.co.uk/

I have started to make a internet radio with public domain music for people with autism to help keep calm and to help not have meltdowns it is fully non-profit.
    they may be some random stops as i config the server.
    the steam is here:
    http://radio.radiosensory.co.uk:8000/listen.pls
    it needs vlc or winamp as windows media won't support it.
    Thank You and happy sensory

Approved by Violet
    VideoLAN (vlc) needs to be downloaded and installed.  It might be wise to un-checking (remove the tick marks from) any unwanted automatic file-association option boxes.

I didn't bother installing winamp again so I haven't tested that.  VideoLAN worked OK but I'd be interested to hear from anyone with, or parents who have children with, autism as to how useful it is for them...
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Post  Violet Sun Feb 16, 2014 6:24 pm

Hi mac, helping others is important especially helping people who are willing to help others, if anyone knows of anything else in this vein please post it up.

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    callycat
    callycat

Female
    Number of posts : 38
    Job/hobbies : Direct Care aid with the developmentally disabled
    Registration date : 2014-03-02

Post  callycat Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:24 pm

wow this is great!  I work with the developmentally disabled, and quite a few with autism.  My one individual lives for the radio and has music on all the time!  I will have to look at this and see if there is some way we can implement this into his program!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:00 am