Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

Great Night Lots of experiences.

Auras

Male
    Number of posts : 2027
    Registration date : 2012-05-06

Great Night Lots of experiences. Empty Great Night Lots of experiences.

Post  Auras Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:12 pm

First, I would like to say this before I share my experiences. Before I attempted These Meditations my Normal Meditation time was roughly 5-10 minutes.  When doing these I Noticed it shot up to a 38 minute meditation. I done the whole of the Chakra Cleansing Meditation, But only 8 minutes of the Sitting In The Power. If you read on I will explain why. So, That was a good achievement for me, I did not think I could sit for that long.  Just shows when you put your mind to something you can achieved what ever you want. Back to the point. I started the Chakra Cleansing Meditation, It was really nice, The feelings I was getting on each Chakra where very strong. I went with it all the way. Once finished, I felt nice and aligned and vibrant.  If you want me to go more In-detail, Just ask lol. So, To the sitting in the power Meditation. I started it, Done what he said, But when he got to the bit where he said to Move you mind Into this spark, I did not know how to do that. I felt I Had to find my own way. So, I don't know. I just tried connecting to it... I don't know if I did or not. But at 8 Minutes I stopped and decided that I was doing it wrong. That's not the interesting part though. I put the CD back in the case and Decided I wanted to go to bed. So, while lying there, I was wide awake. I was facing the wall. and every-time I would lie down onto my back I would see this small white/glowing thing just hovering above me, I would only get a glimpse of it. I started experimenting. I turned facing the wall and Done it again, I seen it again, I done this a few times. It was nice. Wasn't scared or nothing lol I just as you call "Observed" it. That's not the only part. I decided that I would let go of it and try to go to sleep. so, I still tried to go to sleep and I could not so I decided to turn over again but this time I seen this huge bright flash right before my eyes.  It was not thundering or lightning so I don't have a clue what it was. When I say right ebfore my eyes, I mean, It was like a couple of inches away from my face. I seen it perfect and clear. A big white flash. It was thick and glowing. But, still that was not the end of the night.... I remember when a Medium told me about maintaning that state for spirit to come through. So, I sat there. My mind was blank. I was conscious and basically no Thoughts where coming through, I got a message Clairaudiently, But it was not in our lanuguage, More than less a sound of something, I do not remember what it was for some reason. But, I think I just "switched" into that state. That was the end of it. I finally just decided I wanted to go sleep and so I did even though it took me quite a while. I feel what I experienced was merely all "Positive" which made me happy.

For those who don't know what sitting in the power Meditation is. Here is how it goes.

Meditation for Mediumship: 3 Reasons to Sit in the Power

If you are interested in mediumship, spiritualism and the psychic arts, you have probably wondered why those interested in developing mediumship are often told to meditate.
    Many spiritualist churches and centers around the world run meditation classes, with one form of meditation, known as Sitting in the Power, being particularly popular. This form of meditation was first taught by the British medium Gordon Higginson, and is widely considered to be an essential practice for any serious spiritualist.

Why Do Mediums Meditate?

Spiritualists believe that the spirit world operates on a higher vibration than we do here on the earth plane. In order to communicate with the spirit world, a medium must raise their vibration, and the spirit communicators must lower theirs, so that the two can blend together.
    This notion of raising one’s vibration is the principal reason for meditation within spiritualism and mediumship. Although not all mediums meditate, those training in mediumship often find that they are able to progress further and faster if they do adopt a regular meditation practice.

What Does Sitting in the Power Involve?

Sitting in the power is essentially a silent meditative breathing exercise. It is similar to any other breath meditation, except that prior to commencing, the medium has the clear and focused intent to blend with the spirit world. During and following the initial breathwork,  a medium may use imagery to help them expand their breath and expand their aura, eventually raising their vibration sufficiently to make a link.

3 Reasons to Sit in the Power Regularly

1. The power of intent. Nothing else makes plainer your intent to work with spirit. By focusing on this intent on a regular basis, you are sending out the message, loud and clear, that you are ready, willing and available to work with and for spirit.
    2. Self discipline. Like any other kind of training, mediumship training can be a long haul. At times, it will feel as if you’re getting nowhere. It’s at this point that many people give up. However, if you are regularly meditating or sitting in the power, you will gradually develop the self-discipline required to see your studies through, for many years if necessary.
    3. Humility. Once a reasonable level of mediumship is attained, it’s all too easy for a medium’s ego to go into overdrive. Once you start being told how brilliant you, and people begin to seek you out for your mediumship, it all starts to be about you, not about spirit. A regular meditation session will connect you right back to the source energy, and will remind you in no uncertain terms that it’s not about you.

Should I Meditate Alone or in a Group?

If you’re new to mediumship development, it’s best and easiest to join a spiritualist meditation group. Being among like-minded people will help you to understand the point of the meditative process, and it will also act as an encouragement for you to keep going.
    Once you know what you’re doing, however, you may prefer to meditate or sit in the power alone. This type of meditation is an intensely personal journey, and developing mediums frequently feel more at ease when it’s just them and spirit rather than having others in the room.
    This is, of course, an entirely personal choice, and you should do whatever works for you.

What If I Think It’s All Hokum?

If you don’t believe in the spirit world, you’re unlikely to want to sit in the power, of course. However, if you’re just a little bit curious, you might find it worth your while to try some mediumship meditation. Many seekers have experienced quite profound experiences when in meditation, even if they are skeptics.
    Ultimately, of course, this path is not for everyone. For those interested in mediumship or in spirituality in general, however, sitting in the power can be a very productive way of exploring and developing your spiritual and mediumistic gifts, whatever they may be.
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

Great Night Lots of experiences. Empty Re: Great Night Lots of experiences.

Post  SpiritVoices Thu Sep 11, 2014 3:01 pm

That must be why when I hear spirit,I am between sleep and wakefulness,Auras.  The voices wake me up then.   So how do we deal with that?
    Auras

Male

Post  Auras Thu Sep 11, 2014 3:04 pm

SpiritVoices wrote:That must be why when I hear spirit,I am between sleep and wakefulness,Auras.  The voices wake me up then.   So how do we deal with that?
    What do you mean how do we deal with it?
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Thu Sep 11, 2014 3:21 pm

Auras wrote:
    SpiritVoices wrote:That must be why when I hear spirit,I am between sleep and wakefulness,Auras.  The voices wake me up then.   So how do we deal with that?
    We need sleep.    Do spirit realise that?   I've had spirit wake me up when sound asleep.
    Auras

Male

Post  Auras Thu Sep 11, 2014 3:23 pm

SpiritVoices wrote:
    Auras wrote:
    We need sleep.    Do spirit realise that?   I've had spirit wake me up when sound asleep.
    Ah yes!

We have to set boundaries. By that, If we tell spirit not to communicate us when we are going to sleep they will follow that rule.
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Thu Sep 11, 2014 3:30 pm

Ok,that sounds good.   Not that they have ever bothered me with great intent....they seem to drift away on their own.

Have you ever had spirit given you warnings or forecast against someone else?
    Auras

Male

Post  Auras Thu Sep 11, 2014 3:43 pm

SpiritVoices wrote:Ok,that sounds good.   Not that they have ever bothered me with great intent....they seem to drift away on their own.

No, not that I am aware of, But I occasionally get bad feelings when I meet someone that does not have good intentions. Why? Have spirit been telling you that?
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Thu Sep 11, 2014 4:16 pm

Auras wrote:
    SpiritVoices wrote:Ok,that sounds good.   Not that they have ever bothered me with great intent....they seem to drift away on their own.

No, not that I am aware of, But I occasionally get bad feelings when I meet someone that does not have good intentions. Why? Have spirit been telling you that?
    No,they haven't,Auras.   But I remember receiving a message,rather a cheeky message giving their opinion about someone I used to know....
    Wasn't insulting but sort of a little cheeky...they do have their sense of humour... :blush:
    Auras

Male

Post  Auras Thu Sep 11, 2014 4:18 pm

SpiritVoices wrote:
    Auras wrote:

No,they haven't,Auras.   But I remember receiving a message,rather a cheeky message giving their opinion about someone I used to know....
    Wasn't insulting but sort of a little cheeky...they do have their sense of humour... :blush:
    Indeed they do..

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 3:05 am