Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

The twenty minute mark

reikistar
    reikistar

Number of posts : 70
    Job/hobbies : Reading (fiction and non fiction), blogging, nature watching, dogs, meditation, dreams, reiki and self development.
    Registration date : 2015-05-10

The twenty minute mark Empty The twenty minute mark

Post  reikistar Mon May 18, 2015 6:27 pm

Has anyone noticed that their meditation becomes a lot deeper after about 20 minutes? Silly question maybe, but the standard amount of time to meditate is generally around 20 minutes, yet it is around that time without fail that my meditation seems to deepen. Unfortunately i'm not too good at staying still beyond that time even though I've meditated for years (not everyday, mind you). I'm trying really hard to continue to at least 30 minutes but, I hate to say this, I get bored  :eek:

Has anyone any thoughts on how to continue the meditation or about the 20 minutes?

Blessings

Reikistar
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

The twenty minute mark Empty Re: The twenty minute mark

Post  Violet Wed May 20, 2015 1:42 am

Hi and welcome:bfs:personally I wouldn't try to press beyond the point of becoming restless but if you're becoming bored perhaps its worth changing the way you meditate, this could be meditating in different places, changing the postion you meditate in, perhaps changing your music if you use it things like lighting smells etc can all make a difference too, also experiment, try visualisations or different ones if you do visualise. Sometime ago i had a stale period of meditation, the music was the only alteration and it changed profoundly I was able to go really deep for lengthy periods and this helped develop one aspect of my mediumship, please let us know how you get on.

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    reikistar
    reikistar

Number of posts : 70
    Job/hobbies : Reading (fiction and non fiction), blogging, nature watching, dogs, meditation, dreams, reiki and self development.
    Registration date : 2015-05-10

Post  reikistar Wed May 20, 2015 11:29 am

Hi Violet, thank you for this lovely forum  :love: Thank you also for the suggestion. Yes maybe varying my meditations would be a good idea, I was thinking the other day perhaps I could look on youtube for new ideas. I tend to steer away from visualisations as I find them hard, but perhaps I'll look for ones that seem doable. At the moment I tend to use the breath or focus on a mantra (usually the same one) but some new ideas there might help too. I also send healing in my meditations at times. I'd like to do more chakra work. 

Blessings

Reikistar

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 4:20 pm