Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
Violet
Lynn
6 posters

Five Minute Meditation

Lynn
    Lynn

Female
    Number of posts : 1467
    Job/hobbies : Retired - Interests Metaphysics
    Registration date : 2010-01-26

Five Minute Meditation  Empty Five Minute Meditation

Post  Lynn Thu May 12, 2011 7:40 pm

Make one’s self comfortable

Ye do not have to be in the sitting or laying position to meditate. One can even do this meditation in the bathroom. If one can not find a place to sit this meditation can too be done standing.

Drop one’s shoulders and gently roll the head around to relax the neck muscles. Comfortable place the arms loose by one’s sides.

If one is doing this in the standing position make sure the knees too are relaxed and not locked in position.
    Do the same thing as above drop the shoulders and gently roll the neck. Loosen the tensions. Arms comfortable resting at one’s side.

Close one’s eyes. Relax the jaw and facial muscles. Make note of any tensions one is holding in one’s body.
    Release all these tensions. Focus on relaxing all the muscles of the body.

Focus on one’s breath

With the eyes gently closed focus on the Third Eye ( this is located between the eyes and just above the eyebrows). Here ye are focusing your thoughts on ye’s inner vision.

Very deliberately, take in a slow, deep breath. Imagine that ye are breathing in all the positive energy of the Earth .

Thinking relaxing, positive thoughts.

Ye are breathing in the very power and energy of life. One is brining in that essential life giving oxygen . One will feel the power of one’s breath from the top of one’s head to the ends of one’s toes.

Now slowly let out the breath.

Visualize that ye are letting go of all the tensions and stress that one is holding in the body. Letting go of all the negative energy. Letting go of any anger and frustrations. Feeling it drain from ye’s body and feel the body settle into a relaxed state.

One should feel a change in just doing the ONE breath cycle. Keep the focus on the Third Eye and repeat this breath cycle about 20 times. Keep with the focus, positive energy flowing into the body and negative energy flowing out of the body.

After 5 minutes ( to time this one can use a phone alarm ) very slowly open your eyes. What one will notice is that the space around ye feel and looks calmer. There is a feeling of peacefulness in ye’s body.

In starting one’s day with this it is found that this peaceful feeling will stay the day with one. This is a good mini meditation to do when one has a stressful situation arise. Examples kids, co workers, workload, as it can be done even in the middle of a crowed city on one’s lunch.

Lynn
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Five Minute Meditation  Empty Re: Five Minute Meditation

Post  Violet Thu May 12, 2011 9:11 pm

Thank you Lynn Five Minute Meditation  21581

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    loulou7309
    loulou7309

Female
    Number of posts : 24
    Job/hobbies : Being with my Family. Crystals, Angels, Tarot
    Registration date : 2011-08-20

Post  loulou7309 Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:19 am

Thank you Lynn, I think this mini meditation will help me. xXx
    :thanku:
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:16 pm

Hi Loulou please let us know if it helps you..i'm sure it willFive Minute Meditation  821538

loulou7309
    loulou7309

Female

Post  loulou7309 Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:13 am

Well I tried it last night and I feel really pleased with the results. I know it's still very early days for me, but this exercise was just right. I think I went on for about 15 minutes. I waited until I got into bed, dimmed the light and just listened to the silence and concentrated on my breathing... it's harder than I thought to keep focused, and sometimes my mind would wonder but I just stuck with it. Sometimes I noticed that my fingers, toes and limbs were tingling or feeling twitchy, but I felt comfortable with it and sometimes a little, kind of light headed, is that normal? I'd never felt that before. I also felt like I slept better as I was more relaxed. Such a nice way to end the day.

Loulou. :med: xXx
    loulou7309
    loulou7309

Female

Post  loulou7309 Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:39 am

I'm going to try this mini meditation again tonight.
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:53 am

Sometimes I noticed that my fingers, toes and limbs were tingling or feeling twitchy, but I felt comfortable with it and sometimes a little, kind of light headed, is that normal? I'd never felt that before. I also felt like I slept better as I was more relaxed. Such a nice way to end the day.

All quite normal LoulouFive Minute Meditation  821538

it's harder than I thought to keep focused, and sometimes my mind would wonder but I just stuck with it

This can be very difficult even after you've meditated quite a few times so well done! I think you're doing incredibly well with thisFive Minute Meditation  821538

loulou7309
    loulou7309

Female

Post  loulou7309 Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:57 pm

I really like this, I've tried it a few more times now and it really does help me; and I love the fact you can do it practically anywhere, even in the airport departure lounge! Five Minute Meditation  28115
    Lynn
    Lynn

Female
    Number of posts : 1467
    Job/hobbies : Retired - Interests Metaphysics
    Registration date : 2010-01-26

Post  Lynn Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:32 pm

Hello

I am happy to see that one's are finding this brings some calm to life. Too many feel that a meditation needs to be done in the dark and with music, and alone....but really down time can be found any place we need it.

Lynn
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

Post  SpiritVoices Fri Sep 16, 2011 4:42 pm

Now that sound perfect for me.

Exactly what I was looking for.

Thanks Lynn.

Five Minute Meditation  28115
    japa.guru
    Just joined

Male
    Number of posts : 5
    Job/hobbies : Self-employed - Japa
    Registration date : 2017-01-17

Post  japa.guru Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:31 am

This is beautiful and so great to make meditation accessible. It does not need to be a chore. It can be short and sweet. Long and deep. Or as simple as feeling the water run over your body in the morning shower.

Good on your for spreading this positivity.
    ameliorate
    ameliorate

Female
    Number of posts : 3603
    Job/hobbies : Full-time person! Cooking, creating things
    Registration date : 2012-02-15

Post  ameliorate Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:53 am

There are many ways to calm and quieten the mind apart from meditation I think.  (A lot of meditation focuses on correct breathing which is problematic for me since I have a genetic lung disorder.  I dare say it is difficult if someone has a cold too!) 

For instance, I find that just sitting quietly in a peaceful garden takes me into a state of bliss - away from my thoughts and just in a state of being in harmony with my surrounding environment.  It's like a holiday away from the ego!

I dare say sitting within nature can afford this for most people, e.g. on an isolated beach with the hypnotic sound of the sea, a quiet spot in a forest....something about being within nature's energy/vibration.
    japa.guru
    Just joined

Male
    Number of posts : 5
    Job/hobbies : Self-employed - Japa
    Registration date : 2017-01-17

Post  japa.guru Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:18 pm

ameliorate wrote:There are many ways to calm and quieten the mind apart from meditation I think.  (A lot of meditation focuses on correct breathing which is problematic for me since I have a genetic lung disorder.  I dare say it is difficult if someone has a cold too!) 

For instance, I find that just sitting quietly in a peaceful garden takes me into a state of bliss - away from my thoughts and just in a state of being in harmony with my surrounding environment.  It's like a holiday away from the ego!

I dare say sitting within nature can afford this for most people, e.g. on an isolated beach with the hypnotic sound of the sea, a quiet spot in a forest....something about being within nature's energy/vibration.

I completely agree with you - a very good point. Meditation is in every moment and sensation, not just the breath. And nature brings about a natural and beautiful awareness. 
    It also brings out the best in us all :)

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 6:18 pm