Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

sending out healing

mac

Male
    Number of posts : 4147
    Job/hobbies : retired
    Registration date : 2010-04-23

sending out healing Empty sending out healing

Post  mac Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:12 am

I've taken the piece below from a member's posting but I am using it to make a general observation and not one specific, or directed, to any one member.  I have also heard similar from other healing groups.

(quote) "...........about six years ago i was on a healing site regular, we used to have healing nights, we did this a couple of times a week sending out healing thoughts to everyone around the world including ourselves"

Healing isn't my speciality but I do understand a little about it based on what I've learned and on what I've heard.  I'm used to hearing that healing has been given or sent to a specific individual.  To me it's logical that if you're trying to help someone your focus would be on that person.  How well the healing works will be down to various factors I'd guess but essentially healing targets an individual. (or even an animal)

Exactly what is intended to be accomplished, then, by sending out "healing thoughts" in the way mentioned in the quote?
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

sending out healing Empty Re: sending out healing

Post  Violet Sun Mar 12, 2017 4:22 pm

Hi mac I am a healer, some of us are not, (though i believe we all have the ability regardless of cerificates and such) healers can heal remotely as discussed, others who want to heal but perhaps do not have any formal training, can send their 'healing thoughts' alone or with others. In my opinion anyone who sends healing thoughts is positively contributing/distributing energy,  to think of someone who is ill and wish or hope theyre better soon is a similar thing. Healing thoughts can also mean that you  are actively asking( whatever your perception of the healing source is be that god spirits etc) that healing energy/energies be sent to a person an animal or a situation specifically or generally (ie the world). Hope ive managed to get my thoughts accross ok hopefully there will be further input on this

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    mac

Male

Post  mac Sun Mar 12, 2017 6:53 pm

Violet wrote:Hi mac I am a healer, some of us are not, (though i believe we all have the ability regardless of cerificates and such) healers can heal remotely as discussed, others who want to heal but perhaps do not have any formal training, can send their 'healing thoughts' alone or with others. In my opinion anyone who sends healing thoughts is positively contributing/distributing energy,  to think of someone who is ill and wish or hope theyre better soon is a similar thing. Healing thoughts can also mean that you  are actively asking( whatever your perception of the healing source is be that god spirits etc) that healing energy/energies be sent to a person an animal or a situation specifically or generally (ie the world). Hope ive managed to get my thoughts accross ok hopefully there will be further input on this
    Hello Violet.  It's a long time since I saw you here on SI!

I suppose that the argument about all of us being able to heal is analogous to the one about us all having the potential to become mediums.  I neither accept nor reject such arguments because it's pointless when neither can be proven or demonstrated.  It will remain conjecture.

What I find impossible to reconcile is how one might send efficacious 'healing thoughts' to everyone, everywhere.  As far as I can understand there's no way to be certain that even healing energy directed at individuals specifically had been efficacious - please correct me if I'm wrong. I do see that one may ask whomever, wherever to send healing to everyone needing it but that's just a request.  Can we know the request has yielded results or does one simply have to have faith it's the case?

For now I'll assume I'm right in my assumption and continue by saying if it can't be shown that kind of directed, personal healing has been efficacious how could it be shown that untargeted, unfocused healing of everyone, everywhere has been efficacious either? 

And if healing can be efficacious for everyone, everywhere, and has been, or is being, sent out for that purpose, what would happen if it wasn't?
    Blueanchor
    Blueanchor

Number of posts : 1189
    Registration date : 2015-08-26

Post  Blueanchor Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:23 pm

mac wrote:
    Violet wrote:Hi mac I am a healer, some of us are not, (though i believe we all have the ability regardless of cerificates and such) healers can heal remotely as discussed, others who want to heal but perhaps do not have any formal training, can send their 'healing thoughts' alone or with others. In my opinion anyone who sends healing thoughts is positively contributing/distributing energy,  to think of someone who is ill and wish or hope theyre better soon is a similar thing. Healing thoughts can also mean that you  are actively asking( whatever your perception of the healing source is be that god spirits etc) that healing energy/energies be sent to a person an animal or a situation specifically or generally (ie the world). Hope ive managed to get my thoughts accross ok hopefully there will be further input on this
    Hello Violet.  It's a long time since I saw you here on SI!

I suppose that the argument about all of us being able to heal is analogous to the one about us all having the potential to become mediums.  I neither accept nor reject such arguments because it's pointless when neither can be proven or demonstrated.  It will remain conjecture.

What I find impossible to reconcile is how one might send efficacious 'healing thoughts' to everyone, everywhere.  As far as I can understand there's no way to be certain that even healing energy directed at individuals specifically had been efficacious - please correct me if I'm wrong. I do see that one may ask whomever, wherever to send healing to everyone needing it but that's just a request.  Can we know the request has yielded results or does one simply have to have faith it's the case?

For now I'll assume I'm right in my assumption and continue by saying if it can't be shown that kind of directed, personal healing has been efficacious how could it be shown that untargeted, unfocused healing of everyone, everywhere has been efficacious either? 

And if healing can be efficacious for everyone, everywhere, and has been, or is being, sent out for that purpose, what would happen if it wasn't?
    Healing is an energy that flows naturally in the universe. Like a river, it can be more concentrated and people can open themselves within and feel it flow through them.

In this way, a concentration of energy can be shared with another, but its efficacy is only like giving someone some oxygen rich air - it will make them feel good until the next cigarette. More permanent healing comes from a persons use of that energy to aid their own healing.  

I don't believe that any energy or spiritual healer has an effect (or can really take credit for healing anyone else). Yet, experience of this energy shows me that it is indescribably beautiful and healing. So if sending healing out into the world does nothing more than offer a moment in thinking positively and opening oneself to healing energies, then in itself that has some benefit.

Perhaps there can be some ego involved in thoughts about ones own ability to heal, but that's just people learning. It's hard to see how absent healing can do any harm if no promises and false claims are made.
    mac

Male

Post  mac Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:55 am

Blueanchor wrote:Healing is an energy that flows naturally in the universe. Like a river, it can be more concentrated and people can open themselves within and feel it flow through them.

I've been pondering this and trying to understand....  I don't follow, though, how a river could be "more concentrated" although I do follow how an individual might be able to open herself/himself to the beneficial effects.

In this way, a concentration of energy can be shared with another,

Do you more simply mean "In this way healing energy can be shared with another,....." ?

.... but its efficacy is only like giving someone some oxygen rich air - it will make them feel good until the next cigarette. More permanent healing comes from a persons use of that energy to aid their own healing.

I think I follow this.  Healing support may be transient and we each need to become involved in our own healing for more lasting efficacy - is that right?  If so, how does it apply to animals who are (apparently) not able to engage in such a way?

I don't believe that any energy or spiritual healer has an effect (or can really take credit for healing anyone else). 

I'm not well-up with healing modalities but I suspect at least one kind of 'healer' might disagree with that point of view.  I'm neutral - I just don't know enough to reach a conclusion.

Yet, experience of this energy shows me that it is indescribably beautiful and healing.

Beautiful for the sender or for the recipient?

So if sending healing out into the world does nothing more than offer a moment in thinking positively and opening oneself to healing energies, then in itself that has some benefit.

Yes I can understand the potential beneficial effect for the would-be sender of the healing energy

Perhaps there can be some ego involved in thoughts about ones own ability to heal, but that's just people learning. It's hard to see how absent healing can do any harm if no promises and false claims are made.

My guess is that ego is something that in this world we're unlikely ever to be able to divorce ourselves from.  I agree also that it's also likely no harm could result although I think one protocol requires that distant/absent healing be sent only to an individual who has given consent.  In the case of an animal presumably not ever able to be achieved?

I shall be interested in hearing the responses of the two (or more) healers here on SI.
    Blueanchor
    Blueanchor

Number of posts : 1189
    Registration date : 2015-08-26

Post  Blueanchor Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:44 pm

mac wrote:
    Blueanchor wrote:Healing is an energy that flows naturally in the universe. Like a river, it can be more concentrated and people can open themselves within and feel it flow through them.

I've been pondering this and trying to understand....  I don't follow, though, how a river could be "more concentrated" although I do follow how an individual might be able to open herself/himself to the beneficial effects.

In this way, a concentration of energy can be shared with another,

Do you more simply mean "In this way healing energy can be shared with another,....." ?

.... but its efficacy is only like giving someone some oxygen rich air - it will make them feel good until the next cigarette. More permanent healing comes from a persons use of that energy to aid their own healing.

I think I follow this.  Healing support may be transient and we each need to become involved in our own healing for more lasting efficacy - is that right?  If so, how does it apply to animals who are (apparently) not able to engage in such a way?

I don't believe that any energy or spiritual healer has an effect (or can really take credit for healing anyone else). 

I'm not well-up with healing modalities but I suspect at least one kind of 'healer' might disagree with that point of view.  I'm neutral - I just don't know enough to reach a conclusion.

Yet, experience of this energy shows me that it is indescribably beautiful and healing.

Beautiful for the sender or for the recipient?

So if sending healing out into the world does nothing more than offer a moment in thinking positively and opening oneself to healing energies, then in itself that has some benefit.

Yes I can understand the potential beneficial effect for the would-be sender of the healing energy

My guess is that ego is something that in this world we're unlikely ever to be able to divorce ourselves from.  I agree also that it's also likely no harm could result although I think one protocol requires that distant/absent healing be sent only to an individual who has given consent.  In the case of an animal presumably not ever able to be achieved?

I shall be interested in hearing the responses of the two (or more) healers here on SI.
    Mac, I'm not good enough at computers to start pulling quotes into slices, so you may have to do the leg work this time... but I will answer your points in some semblance of order.

A river is a concentration of water. When the vessel it flows through narrows, then the water becomes more concentrated and so the flow becomes stronger. So I mean that, in this way a concentration of energy can be shared with another. The simplification doesn't work because that energy is out there anyway - there was relevance to me saying that it is concentrated (as per the point above).

I chose a physical example to give with regard to involvement, but using energy to heal ourselves happens on every level of consciousness (and unconsciousness). We live in a world where 'healing' is associated with relieving physical symptoms and to a lesser extent, with relieving mental distress. Yet physical death and mental distress are not illnesses in the universal eye, they are changes. Healing is an atunement or alignment with life energies, at some point that alignment will take each of us through death/rebirth... that's a natural and healing part of the life process - animals are as engaged in life processes as trees and the earth itself.

Healing is beautiful to anybody feeling it, so if both are open, that is the sender and recipient. But healing is sharing, it's not something held by one and given to another. I could take the analogy to the water cycle here, but I'll spare my tying fingers   :flo:

I've never understood why remote healing needs a persons physical permission. It may come from instances in which people trying to send healing have sent their own energy into that persons personal space - but as said, my experience of healing energy is beautiful, I see no reason to ask permission at all.
    mac

Male

Post  mac Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:56 am

I'll be interested to learn if other healers see things in a similar way to you.
    skye

Female
    Number of posts : 1256
    Registration date : 2009-09-06

Post  skye Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:54 pm

mac wrote:I've taken the piece below from a member's posting but I am using it to make a general observation and not one specific, or directed, to any one member.  I have also heard similar from other healing groups.

(quote) "...........about six years ago i was on a healing site regular, we used to have healing nights, we did this a couple of times a week sending out healing thoughts to everyone around the world including ourselves"

Healing isn't my speciality but I do understand a little about it based on what I've learned and on what I've heard.  I'm used to hearing that healing has been given or sent to a specific individual.  To me it's logical that if you're trying to help someone your focus would be on that person.  How well the healing works will be down to various factors I'd guess but essentially healing targets an individual. (or even an animal)

Exactly what is intended to be accomplished, then, by sending out "healing thoughts" in the way mentioned in the quote?

When asking for spiritual healing for other people, or, an animal, my intention is simply to be of help in wanting to relieve their pain or discomfort. Granted it's not me personally who directs the healing energies, I simply put in a request to Spirit healers, who then act upon my intention.

As to how the power of healing is executed towards an individual or perhaps a group of people, I believe this is at the discretion of Spirit healers and possibly the recipient. I trust Spirit know exactly how the healing will be most beneficial to the intended individual(s).

One reason why some people may believe healing doesn’t work is when someone sends healing thoughts out to a specific area of concern for an individual and there appears to be no sign of improvement so they may assume healing hasn’t worked. Whereas it’s likely the effects of healing are being used elsewhere within the individuals mind, body and spirit.

Being the humans that we are, we want to be seen healing the physical body, whereas what is of most importanance is that healing touches one’s  soul. Illness can be the catalyst for stirring the inner spark, or seed of divinity into activity encouraging it to open and blossom.

Rather than healing being perceived as a failure, the positive effects which healing can bring is for a client to gain an understanding or even the awareness of our true, spiritual nature. Something that may not happen if healing wasn’t accessible to all.

Unfortunately no one can be certain of the effectiveness which the power of healing may offer. Healing could possibly be likened to mediumship, in so much as it being perceived as an experiment, therefore, no guarantee it will work. 

I recall a time where sitting in the congregation of a Spiritualist Church, the medium asked everyone to quietly send out their own prayers and thoughts. My focus was on healing to be directed to all life forms, including the Universe. Before the service began, the medium came to me saying, Spirit were thanking me for the healing I'd sent out to the Universe, and something on the lines of the Universe needing help too... Those aren't the exact words as time has passed; nevertheless, no one knew what I had requested while in quiet contemplation.

If nothing else this experience was confirmation to me that all thoughts are living things, and once they have gone out into the ether and irrespective of what that thought may happen to be, its intention is realised and cannot be taken back. Therefore, my opinion is such that it isn’t necessary for a client or a healer to have faith in order to receive and benefit from the healing process.
    mac

Male

Post  mac Sun Apr 16, 2017 4:52 pm

skye wrote:
    mac wrote:I've taken the piece below from a member's posting but I am using it to make a general observation and not one specific, or directed, to any one member.  I have also heard similar from other healing groups.

When asking for spiritual healing for other people, or, an animal, my intention is simply to be of help in wanting to relieve their pain or discomfort. Granted it's not me personally who directs the healing energies, I simply put in a request to Spirit healers, who then act upon my intention.

As to how the power of healing is executed towards an individual or perhaps a group of people, I believe this is at the discretion of Spirit healers and possibly the recipient. I trust Spirit know exactly how the healing will be most beneficial to the intended individual(s).

One reason why some people may believe healing doesn’t work is when someone sends healing thoughts out to a specific area of concern for an individual and there appears to be no sign of improvement so they may assume healing hasn’t worked. Whereas it’s likely the effects of healing are being used elsewhere within the individuals mind, body and spirit.

Being the humans that we are, we want to be seen healing the physical body, whereas what is of most importanance is that healing touches one’s  soul. Illness can be the catalyst for stirring the inner spark, or seed of divinity into activity encouraging it to open and blossom.

Rather than healing being perceived as a failure, the positive effects which healing can bring is for a client to gain an understanding or even the awareness of our true, spiritual nature. Something that may not happen if healing wasn’t accessible to all.

Unfortunately no one can be certain of the effectiveness which the power of healing may offer. Healing could possibly be likened to mediumship, in so much as it being perceived as an experiment, therefore, no guarantee it will work. 

I recall a time where sitting in the congregation of a Spiritualist Church, the medium asked everyone to quietly send out their own prayers and thoughts. My focus was on healing to be directed to all life forms, including the Universe. Before the service began, the medium came to me saying, Spirit were thanking me for the healing I'd sent out to the Universe, and something on the lines of the Universe needing help too... Those aren't the exact words as time has passed; nevertheless, no one knew what I had requested while in quiet contemplation.

If nothing else this experience was confirmation to me that all thoughts are living things, and once they have gone out into the ether and irrespective of what that thought may happen to be, its intention is realised and cannot be taken back. Therefore, my opinion is such that it isn’t necessary for a client or a healer to have faith in order to receive and benefit from the healing process.

Of course one can do no harm to wish for all those living in it to receive some comfort, a lightening of their burdens.  But our (mostly) unseen friends ('spirit') know the state of our world and of this universe.  Healing wishes can do no harm but isn't the reality they're unlikely to achieve anything that wouldn't have been achieved without them?  Our all-seeing friends don't need our requests for healing to raise their awareness of that supposed need.

As so often, words can get in the way.  For the sake of argument regular folk like me think of 'healing' in terms of getting back close to how things were.  If we cut ourself we wash and dress the wound and generally that wound will heal.  Undergo surgery and the wounds generally heal.  But to use the word 'healing' in connection with this world, let alone the universe, simply doesn't work for me.
    skye

Female
    Number of posts : 1256
    Registration date : 2009-09-06

Post  skye Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:47 pm

mac wrote:
    skye wrote:

Of course one can do no harm to wish for all those living in it to receive some comfort, a lightening of their burdens.  But our (mostly) unseen friends ('spirit') know the state of our world and of this universe.  Healing wishes can do no harm but isn't the reality they're unlikely to achieve anything that wouldn't have been achieved without them?  Our all-seeing friends don't need our requests for healing to raise their awareness of that supposed need.

As so often, words can get in the way.  For the sake of argument regular folk like me think of 'healing' in terms of getting back close to how things were.  If we cut ourself we wash and dress the wound and generally that wound will heal.  Undergo surgery and the wounds generally heal.  But to use the word 'healing' in connection with this world, let alone the universe, simply doesn't work for me.

Spirit know what is happening to our earth and to the universe, and perhaps they do not need to hear our personal requests for healing. Nonetheless, they are not the ones who are responsible for the human activity that is causing various conditions such as sickness, disease, cruelty, neglect, famine and poverty – to name but a few – to severely affect different countries and people, as well as the animals throughout our world.

Healing requests or, healing prayers are a human’s way of communicating our needs to (God) the life force energy. Whether the need is within our own minds, bodies and spirits, Spirit know before we ask what we need to restore or bring us back to our natural states of balance and harmony. In reality is it not fair to say Spirit won’t do for us what we can do for ourselves? Also are we not here to grow and progress spiritually as well as evolve?

Without doubt some people do improve and return to full health without the need of spirit intervention. For others their needs may require a more holistic approach to benefit from healing.

I totally agree the word ’healing’ is normally associated to the restoration of a person’s health condition and well being, rather than with the healing of the universe. I choose to send healing to the universe because if as some people claim we are all connected as one universal mind, then it makes sense to me that the whole of the universe reflects who WE are. 
    A request for universal healing creates positive ripples which are in accordance with God’s will. This process can allow people wherever they happen to live in our world or within the universe, the opportunity to acknowledge their own inner spirit, as well as experiencing the beneficial effects of healing that could gradually influence and bring about positive change.
    mac

Male

Post  mac Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:45 am

skye wrote:
    mac wrote:
    skye wrote:

Spirit know what is happening to our earth and to the universe, and perhaps they do not need to hear our personal requests for healing. Nonetheless, they are not the ones who are responsible for the human activity that is causing various conditions such as sickness, disease, cruelty, neglect, famine and poverty – to name but a few – to severely affect different countries and people, as well as the animals throughout our world.

Healing requests or, healing prayers are a human’s way of communicating our needs to (God) the life force energy. Whether the need is within our own minds, bodies and spirits, Spirit know before we ask what we need to restore or bring us back to our natural states of balance and harmony. In reality is it not fair to say Spirit won’t do for us what we can do for ourselves? Also are we not here to grow and progress spiritually as well as evolve?

Without doubt some people do improve and return to full health without the need of spirit intervention. For others their needs may require a more holistic approach to benefit from healing.

I totally agree the word ’healing’ is normally associated to the restoration of a person’s health condition and well being, rather than with the healing of the universe. I choose to send healing to the universe because if as some people claim we are all connected as one universal mind, then it makes sense to me that the whole of the universe reflects who WE are. 
    A request for universal healing creates positive ripples which are in accordance with God’s will. This process can allow people wherever they happen to live in our world or within the universe, the opportunity to acknowledge their own inner spirit, as well as experiencing the beneficial effects of healing that could gradually influence and bring about positive change.

thank you for your further thoughts :love:

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 10:13 am