Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Insight and meditation

Gemmy
    Gemmy

Male
    Number of posts : 56
    Job/hobbies : Weightlifting
    Registration date : 2017-10-29

Insight and meditation Empty Insight and meditation

Post  Gemmy Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:19 pm

J Krishnamurti once said, "It is truth that liberates, not your effort to be free."

I have sat there for day after day, like the fool on the hill, watching, and the mind started at its crude surface and progressively deepened into its own subtlty, and there were layers in the sense that mental habits and emotional blocks were caught up in the mind and body, and the mind remains at such a level until all that is stilled before it progresses to a finer nuance of subtlety.

You will probably not hear anyone talk of this subject like me because I have heard all the discourses and I find most have no bearing on my own lived experience, and to understand anything I say actually requires the attention, and I am sure by now some minds are already becoming amped up in reaction to what I said so far, and for those individuals, nothiong more I say will make any sense, so it would better to waste no more time here with what will read as pure nonsense.  For others who are interested, the mind fell quieter so as to listen to what is being said, and that 'quieter', that is the subject itself.

If we are to proceed, then start becoming quieter, for there is no meditation for the agitated mind.  The mind that leaps to agree or disagree to make itself right and make me wrong - how could such a mind know meditation?  In that it can't, such a persons agreement or disagreement becomes ironic.  So you see, the mind's grasping at the concept with which it agrees or disagrees actually disqualifies itself in the very act of so doing - as far as this subject is concerned.

The speaker and the listener necessarily must quieten because there is no distance between the subject of the discourse and the discourse itself.

In so saying, this is no meditation exercise which I'll write here and you'll try later on, and then reply here and thank me for the wonderful thing so we can stroke our spiritual egos together. This is where I can start at this surface and speak of the noise there, notice how crass and inane it all is, and become conscious and aware as opposed to automated in the habitual perpetuation mindless rabble.  For this is where it begins. At the surface, and the mind will not possibly deepen until notices that din, and in noticing it one has stopped to notice it, and by stopping like that, ceases to generate it, enabling deeper mind to come to conscious attention.
    Blueanchor
    Blueanchor

Number of posts : 1189
    Registration date : 2015-08-26

Insight and meditation Empty Re: Insight and meditation

Post  Blueanchor Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:59 pm

Its nice to read about that moment.
    Gemmy
    Gemmy

Male

Post  Gemmy Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:54 am

So I continue in the futility of talking about meditation, and I know listening is a rare feature, but for the sake of my own exploration I go on, though I make a public display for anyone who who wants to follow.  By 'follow' I don't mean I lead anyone as that would be a great disservice, and I don;t mean I speak some knowledge which is true that others might believe and thereby become followers.  If you follow me or anyone else in that way you'll be led astray and ultimately lost in the grasping such an endeavour entails.  By 'follow' I mean to introspect of yourself without any other reference from holy books, what a guru said or anything said here, and be entirely reliant on your own ability to 'see'.

I know people will have their religious convictions and past acquirments of knowledge, but as this is memory of learned things, it is already passed, and therefore can not possibly constitute the truth as it is.  Truth by its nature is ungraspable, but we will notice our minds attempt to hold it as a known thing, perhaps as a desire to experience it, but desires and attempts pertain to future experiences, and are useless as far as this subject is concerned.

I would hope that we are now alone, having nothing or anyone to turn to as some sort of relief or assurance.  And I'd hope this unknowability of anything that is true is apparently obvious, because the one deluded into the belief that the truth is something which can be registered by the mind, will continue to crave impossible things.  Entertain the idea that they will become enlightened at some future time, as if there something that exists in the future, as if they need be other than they are now and become a future thing, as if there is a highly desirable experience that indicates the reaching of Nirvana.  Yet it should be obvious that all that craving, attempting along with grasping to the known, is itself the nature of bondage.  And even more obvious that existence is momentary, and the truth of yourself is you as you are right now.

I think I state the obvious, but perhaps this is quite unheard of, and the mind is trying to unravel it, but the mind cannot uncover the truth. Rather, the reaching and grasping mind is a distraction which conceals it.  But it also cannot conceal the fact that you are aware of the thought, and in the moment you notice what they do, you are no longer the one who does it.  You have stopped to observe, and realise that observation can only exist in the immediacy of this moment of awareness.

And the stream of thought just ended. I hope the passage was enjoyable if not inspiring,
    psychoslice
    psychoslice

Male
    Number of posts : 1117
    Job/hobbies : oil painting, reading,music, living life
    Registration date : 2010-04-23

Post  psychoslice Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:14 am

Gemmy
    Gemmy

Male

Post  Gemmy Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:57 am

psychoslice wrote:
    I finally got the meaning of that song when going into long meditation retreat.
    Purnanand-Bharti
    Purnanand-Bharti
    Just joined

Male
    Number of posts : 3
    Registration date : 2017-11-08

Post  Purnanand-Bharti Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:34 am

Really like your thoughts or you can say your experience. Thanks for sharing this.

Good Luck

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 2:13 am