Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
ameliorate
mac
Resonator
7 posters

Big change coming

Resonator
    Resonator

Male
    Number of posts : 358
    Job/hobbies : Recycler
    Registration date : 2012-01-24

Big change coming - Page 2 Empty Big change coming

Post  Resonator Thu Dec 17, 2020 4:40 pm

First topic message reminder :

Recently I pulled the Tower, Death, Wheel of fortune, and 10 of swords cards, one each day, one after another.

This is how I know big change is coming.

Anala likes this post

Resonator
    Resonator

Male

Big change coming - Page 2 Empty Re: Big change coming

Post  Resonator Mon Jan 04, 2021 4:00 pm

mac wrote:Thank you for explaining that Tarot is often used to try to foretell the future.  It confirms my thoughts about the subject.  Seekers may similarly look to 'mediums' - mistaking psychics for mediums - to try to find out about their future.  They seek predictions....

I've often explained to such seekers that a medium won't try to tell the future.  I tell them 'the future' doesn't exist as some invariable outcome - the future is what eventually actually happens and there may be many potential outcomes.  I have explained in terms very similar to your own.

My own approach has been that what I expect from Tarot is similar to what I'd expect from psychism. You've reinforced I've been right in that.
    While I agree with you about psychics and mediums, at the same time mediums do 'speak' with spirits, and spirits actually live outside of time, so in theory a medium could gain knowledge of probable futures through their communications with spirits.

https://inmysacredspace.com/timelessness-in-the-afterlife/

Psychics presumably do this more directly.
    mac

Male
    Number of posts : 4147
    Job/hobbies : retired
    Registration date : 2010-04-23

Post  mac Mon Jan 04, 2021 4:46 pm

In the UK, SNU evidential mediums ('spiritual mediums') don't 'tell the future'.  Unaffiliated mediums and other practitioners are free to do whatever they choose of course.

As I've mentioned elsewhere on numerous occasions, discarnates have a different perspective on our physical world.  The ones closest to us - guides/helpers or what have you - will have a strong awareness, and more probably a detailed knowledge of, events intended and planned for the incarnate they guide/support.  As such they will closely follow, maybe influence, events in that individual's earth life.  Along with the broader perspective of a guide there may well be sufficient information to indicate a probable outcome should the occasion arise - making a prediction if you will.

Whether many other spirits would also have that information and be able to deliver it to a medium as a meaningful prediction for an individual I really don't know.  I expect some will and this may be the source of certain predictions that come to pass.

There is though - I suggest - a difference between what's generally considered as prediction (implying inevitability) and well-informed assessment of the probability of events occurring.

Resonator and Gardenia like this post

Resonator
    Resonator

Male

Post  Resonator Tue Jan 05, 2021 1:12 am

mac wrote:In the UK, SNU evidential mediums ('spiritual mediums') don't 'tell the future'.  Unaffiliated mediums and other practitioners are free to do whatever they choose of course.

As I've mentioned elsewhere on numerous occasions, discarnates have a different perspective on our physical world.  The ones closest to us - guides/helpers or what have you - will have a strong awareness, and more probably a detailed knowledge of, events intended and planned for the incarnate they guide/support.  As such they will closely follow, maybe influence, events in that individual's earth life.  Along with the broader perspective of a guide there may well be sufficient information to indicate a probable outcome should the occasion arise - making a prediction if you will.

Whether many other spirits would also have that information and be able to deliver it to a medium as a meaningful prediction for an individual I really don't know.  I expect some will and this may be the source of certain predictions that come to pass.

There is though - I suggest - a difference between what's generally considered as prediction (implying inevitability) and well-informed assessment of the probability of events occurring.
    That makes sense to me.   Yes, 'passing along the information' would most describe a medium's 'prophecy', IMO.

That said, I don't personally equate 'prophecy' with inevitability.  Some are, such as my example in post #24, but as I explained in the same post, 'prophecy' could include outcomes of less than certain potentiality of happening, allowing some room for influencing to a different outcome.  IMO, both potentialities that reach an outcome and those that don't are 'prophecy' - it's just that in the latter that alternative, for whatever reason, did not come to pass.

I suppose one could adopt the definition that 'prophecy' could only included those predictions that came to pass - but I personally think that contradicts an important part of the mechanism.   Perhaps a word should be devised for those predictions that don't come true, but were a true 'prophecy' of a high potentiality that was averted.
    mac

Male

Post  mac Tue Jan 05, 2021 7:05 am

Resonator wrote:
    mac wrote:In the UK, SNU evidential mediums ('spiritual mediums') don't 'tell the future'.  Unaffiliated mediums and other practitioners are free to do whatever they choose of course.

That makes sense to me.   Yes, 'passing along the information' would most describe a mediu................. think that contradicts an important part of the mechanism.   Perhaps a word should be devised for those predictions that don't come true, but were a true 'prophecy' of a high potentiality that was averted.

in bold text - I agree
    mac

Male

Post  mac Tue Jan 05, 2021 11:47 am

Just for my curiosity, what is the general feeling (if there is one) of Tarot practitioners concerning the next phase and eventual outcome of the present pandemic?

Resonator likes this post

Gardenia
    Gardenia

Female
    Number of posts : 15
    Job/hobbies : Retired, knitting, spinning, camping, 4WD'ing, gardening, drawing
    Registration date : 2020-11-03

Post  Gardenia Fri Mar 26, 2021 5:12 pm

Do you mean what Tarot practitioners personally think will happen, or do you mean has a Tarot practitioner done a reading on the present pandemic?
    mac

Male

Post  mac Fri Mar 26, 2021 6:21 pm

Gardenia wrote:Do you mean what Tarot practitioners personally think will happen, or do you mean has a Tarot practitioner done a reading on the present pandemic?

This is the Tarot forum so I wondered what Tarot cards might tell a practitioner if (s)he were to seek insight on the subject I asked about. I'm not interested in anyone's personal thoughts or ideas.
    Gardenia
    Gardenia

Female

Post  Gardenia Sat Mar 27, 2021 9:38 am

I haven't done a reading on the pandemic situation myself. It's not something I'm entirely opposed to though. I'll give it some further thought.
    mac

Male

Post  mac Sat Mar 27, 2021 11:13 am

Gardenia wrote:I haven't done a reading on the pandemic situation myself. It's not something I'm entirely opposed to though. I'll give it some further thought.

Before you do anything may I ask some questions?

1. Why might you be opposed to it at all?

2. What would you expect / hope for if you carried out 'a reading'?

3. From what / whom would you get indications/predictions of the pandemic's eventual outcome?

Gardenia
    Gardenia

Female

Post  Gardenia Sat Mar 27, 2021 11:23 am

1. I'm not entirely opposed to it, as I said. As I also said, I'll give it some thought. If I was opposed to it, it would be because I get the impression you are trying to perform some sort of test.

2. I wouldn't expect anything and I wouldn't hope for anything.

3. If I knew the answer to that question, I would be God.
    mac

Male

Post  mac Sat Mar 27, 2021 2:11 pm

Gardenia wrote:1. I'm not entirely opposed to it, as I said. As I also said, I'll give it some thought. If I was opposed to it, it would be because I get the impression you are trying to perform some sort of test.
    I wondered, and then asked, because you said you weren't entirely opposed to looking into the situation.  That suggests you are somewhat opposed to it. The thread title is 'Big Change Coming' and it's been posted in the 'Tarot and Oracle Cards' discussion forum so consequently - given all that's happening on a global scale - I had wondered if the pandemic was the big change 'in the cards' so to speak.  

I wasn't trying to perform any sort of test. I have no understanding of Tarot but I suppose it might be considered a test were one to try to discover whether the pandemic and the big change coming are linked. Would that be a problem?

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 11:01 pm