Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+8
skye
AngelTony
sparkly
Deepwaters
innerlight
1antique
Kaere
Violet
12 posters

If you believe we choose our next life..

Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

If you believe we choose our next life.. - Page 2 Empty If you believe we choose our next life..

Post  Violet Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:12 pm

First topic message reminder :

Why do some choose to return to become murderers and such? I'm sure that in the more enlightened state of spirit, you wouldn't want to do anything like that, this is yet another reason the whole reincarnation thing bothers me.

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    skye

Female
    Number of posts : 1256
    Registration date : 2009-09-06

If you believe we choose our next life.. - Page 2 Empty Re: If you believe we choose our next life..

Post  skye Mon May 24, 2010 11:21 am

Violet wrote:

I think you're right Skye, (unless there is of course some kind of condition or health issue) even those who have bad childhoods etc, still have a choice as to whether they will do it or not.

I agree medical conditions which affect the overall function of the brain should be judged on their individual merits as some people suffer more than others and may not be fully in control of their actions. Unfortunately within this area, some people do claim they are, or they were mentally incompetent at the time in the hope of escaping responsibility. They may be successful here, but when in the spirit world there is no place for them to hide.
    NightSpirit
    NightSpirit

Female
    Number of posts : 228
    Registration date : 2010-05-08

If you believe we choose our next life.. - Page 2 Empty Re: If you believe we choose our next life..

Post  NightSpirit Mon May 24, 2010 1:22 pm

I used to believe in reincarnation once-upon-a-time...but not now. I believe this is all not what we believe it to be. Does that let us off the hook to murder and do crime....nay!!!...soul experience..what we do now or think we do, is reckoning day for soul.
    Carolyn
    Carolyn

Female
    Number of posts : 541
    Job/hobbies : Writing, singing, and not wasting a moment of every day I wake up.
    Registration date : 2009-09-01

Post  Carolyn Tue May 25, 2010 2:42 pm

I'm one of those who trust in reincarnation as being one choice of "afterlife." (After having my kids tell me about their own previous life memories, who am I to deny my own?) I don't think that any one "grows up" to be a murderer. Our conception of murder is that it is stealing a life unjustly, no matter what religion you are or what culture you live in. However, that being said there are many cultures where we believe it is just, in some cases, to steal a life. We steal the life of animals and fish so that we can eat their meat. But we think its OK, because if we consume that life, their energy is not wasted energy. In some places if a child is molested or a woman is raped, the perpetrator's life is stolen from him (he is murdered by the family of the forsaken) so that justice can be given. But its considered OK. In some cultures its more appropriate to cleanse the forsaken by martyrdom, taking their life humanely, and then butchering and taking the rapists life slowly. And its considered OK. Its all about perception. That doesn't even begin to include wars where patriotic and loyal, loving godly citizens are forced by their government to instantly go from being friendly shop owners, factory workers, or fishermen, to becoming a murder of total strangers in a foreign land. A land with people that they may grow to love and cherish as they walk across its horizon looking for someone who is considered an enemy. And we wonder why so many soldiers come home with PTSS, or even worse, they choose to go back for a third or fourth tour of duty even after being blown to pieces.

I think this is why so many writers have created Utopian fantasy worlds in their books. Where not only is there not human killing, but people eat foods from plants, cheeses, and unfertilized eggs only. Further more, there is a profound respect for all life that extends beyond generations. There are some spiritualists who deny themselves food and water because they believe it steals energy and life from plants and animals who need it to live. That may sound dangerous, but the idea is the basis for a ritual fast - that Christians, Buddhists, Islamics, and Jews all participate in. Our human attempt to cleanse our soul. Why? because deep inside we feel guilt over murdering any form of life. Animal, plant......anything.
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Wed May 26, 2010 11:14 pm

NightSpirit wrote:I used to believe in reincarnation once-upon-a-time...but not now. I believe this is all not what we believe it to be. Does that let us off the hook to murder and do crime....nay!!!...soul experience..what we do now or think we do, is reckoning day for soul.

Hi NightSpirit was it anything specific which changed your mind about it?

Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Wed May 26, 2010 11:16 pm

A great post Carolyn and I agree it is all about perception.
    In some places if a child is molested or a woman is raped, the perpetrator's life is stolen from him (he is murdered by the family of the forsaken) so that justice can be given. But its considered OK. In some cultures its more appropriate to cleanse the forsaken by martyrdom, taking their life humanely, and then butchering and taking the rapists life slowly. And its considered OK. Its all about perception. That doesn't even begin to include wars where patriotic and loyal, loving godly citizens are forced by their government to instantly go from being friendly shop owners, factory workers, or fishermen, to becoming a murder of total strangers in a foreign land.

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
    NightSpirit
    NightSpirit

Female
    Number of posts : 228
    Registration date : 2010-05-08

Post  NightSpirit Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:41 am

Violet wrote:
    NightSpirit wrote:I used to believe in reincarnation once-upon-a-time...but not now. I believe this is all not what we believe it to be. Does that let us off the hook to murder and do crime....nay!!!...soul experience..what we do now or think we do, is reckoning day for soul.

Yes, Violet, I had what we call an awakening...the soul gains clarity...wakes from its hazy sleep and sees the universe for what it is. We don't physically see through our eyes...the soul knows it and 'sees' all before it...all is revealed to it, like opening a curtain and taking in a whole scene.
    Now we can't hold this revelation for long, because we believe we have this physical brain that can only digest so much and it shuts it down eventually...but the knowing remains. This is why everytime I begin to get a set idea about something, I get the carpet yanked out from under me, and I have to start from scratch again and go back to what my soul revealed. It's very difficult to live this way and be able to communicate to others. Most times I find myself being the silent buddha because when I speak, I hear myself talking and it never comes out right.
    I know this all sounds weird...but it is weird and it makes my life feel like a boat at sea...somedays smooth sailing...others being tossed around like a match-stick. Not sure what else to say.
    AngelTony
    AngelTony

Male
    Number of posts : 1227
    Registration date : 2010-04-08

Post  AngelTony Fri Jun 18, 2010 3:21 am

I have been reading a bit lately and I found out that this is probably true. Many people feel that when we pass on we can select new lives to re-enter this life again on the next loop. I think I decided I wanted to try a life with a vision at 15, loose a soul mate at 20 and start a life of depression so I can experience it big time. I found that we may have restarted this loop 3 or maybe close to 5 times. I dont know if that is personally or just a feeling I have. I am talking about the big bang may have looped us all up to 5 times already. Knowing the power of God, infinity may be the final answer. Who will really know, it will be given to us soon tho. I think I am done with my re-incarnations. I think I may just want to play around in heaven for a while...then I guess do it all over again. What can eternal life give us in the long run! How can we play the same harps all over again for 1000 years, 100,000 or 10 trillion, trilllion years.... (my God I just realized I was meditating while I was doing this)

The bottom line is that in this life that you all see and exist with me at the same time, LOVE is the final answer. What else could we probably want before hand. Money..nah...cars...nnah....success...nahhh, never... eternal life, love, happiness, yup!! We loop to gain experience, to become a part of what God wants us to be, then we are given the final answer. cheesees I cant wait...
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:49 pm

NightSpirit wrote:
    Violet wrote:

Yes, Violet, I had what we call an awakening...the soul gains clarity...wakes from its hazy sleep and sees the universe for what it is. We don't physically see through our eyes...the soul knows it and 'sees' all before it...all is revealed to it, like opening a curtain and taking in a whole scene.
    Now we can't hold this revelation for long, because we believe we have this physical brain that can only digest so much and it shuts it down eventually...but the knowing remains. This is why everytime I begin to get a set idea about something, I get the carpet yanked out from under me,
    and I have to start from scratch again and go back to what my soul revealed. It's very difficult to live this way and be able to communicate to others. Most times I find myself being the silent buddha because when I speak, I hear myself talking and it never comes out right.
    I know this all sounds weird...but it is weird and it makes my life feel like a boat at sea...somedays smooth sailing...others being tossed around like a match-stick. Not sure what else to say.
    Hi NightSpirit it doesn't sound a bit weird to me, especially the section I highlighted in blue If you believe we choose our next life.. - Page 2 821538

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 10:37 am