Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+27
iScorpio
Beware_of_Italics
Native spirit
AllanMurray
Aura
Blackcrow
gloria
PPrncpl7
sparkly
L'angel
psychoslice
Lynn
SpiritVoices
zerdini
Panda
jfc
neptune13
Moonlyte
Akyana
Sacred-Star
mac
Selket
AngelTony
shayn
mia
innerlight
Violet
31 posters

Are you scared of dying?

Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Are you scared of dying? - Page 2 Empty Are you scared of dying?

Post  Violet Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:10 am

First topic message reminder :

Are you scared of dying, or just how you will die, or do you have no fear at all of any part of death?
    Have your beliefs (whatever they are,) helped you fear it less, more, or not made any difference?

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    jfc
    Just joined

Number of posts : 4
    Registration date : 2010-11-24

Are you scared of dying? - Page 2 Empty Re: Are you scared of dying?

Post  jfc Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:32 pm

I am not scared of death but the affect it may have on my loved ones if I die too soon. I pondered this recently when even at the age of 21 my eldest son still leans on me for emotional (and practical support)...and my other son and daughter too...I wouldnt like to leave them until they are all happy and settled. xx
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:53 pm

Hi Jfc, yes I think that's always a major worry, leaving people behind and wondering how they'd cope.

Panda
    Panda

Female
    Number of posts : 65
    Registration date : 2011-02-28

Post  Panda Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:20 am

I am quite intrigued by this thread. I stared at it for a few seconds and thought out loud, "Am I scared of dying... Am I scared of dying...?" This is a good question. I am neutral about death. The reason for this being that life is full of wonders and terrors. There are so many adventures that we all would love to experience. Then; there are pains such as poverty, sorrow, heartbreak; that makes some of us want to leave. I believe that you never know what you have until it's gone. That is an excellent saying for life. Many people waste most of their lives doing things that are negligent toward them. Then, by the time they are older, they have many things they wished they could have done or should have done when they were still young. I must admit that, from time to time, I do fear that I won't go into an after life and just be...gone. Then, I realize that wishing for an afterlife is sort of...selfish. We have this world right in front of us; why not enjoy what we have and be happy, other then worrying we will be gone forever?
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:31 am

What a fantastic post!!
    We have this world right in front of us; why not enjoy what we have and be happy, other then worrying we will be gone forever?

Panda
    Panda

Female

Post  Panda Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:38 am

Why I thank you! I do understand that some people need to believe in an after life because it gives them comfort about dying and could help them move on. Maybe it gives them a fill in life? I don't know. All I can do is speak for myself here and what I have learned. I know that for myself, I want to do well in life. I want to go to college and become a vocal trainer. Music is my fill in life. My family and friends is my fill. I don't really... need an after life like others might. Death does scare me some but for all I can know... It could just be another adventure waiting to come. I believe it isn't necessary to dwell over death and to just live life to the fullest.
    zerdini

Male
    Number of posts : 611
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2011-01-28

Post  zerdini Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:40 am

I believe it isn't necessary to dwell over death and to just live life to the fullest.

There is no Death! What seems so is transition;

This life of mortal breath

Is but a suburb of the life elysian,

Whose portal we call Death

- Longfellow

Life is continuous. Only the physical body 'dies' and we are not our body.
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

Post  SpiritVoices Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:57 am

I am not afraid of dying,just dying in pain.
    zerdini

Male

Post  zerdini Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:51 am

Joanie wrote:I am not afraid of dying,just dying in pain.
    No need to worry. Spirit communicators have often stated that there is no pain in passing - what may look like pain or suffering is simply the struggle of the spirit to leave the body. The actual transition is painless often to the extent that many people don't even realise they have passed and wonder why they feel so alive and full of energy.
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:40 pm

I understand,Z.
    Then I am not afraid anymore.
    Are you scared of dying? - Page 2 28115
    Joanie
    Panda
    Panda

Female

Post  Panda Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:56 pm

zerdini wrote:
    I believe it isn't necessary to dwell over death and to just live life to the fullest.

- Longfellow

I totally know what you mean here and I respect it. I'm young, very young actually. I am only 15 years old. I have not lived life too much yet. So, I don't know what I believe. What if we don't have a soul? If we do, what if there isn't an afterlife?
    zerdini

Male

Post  zerdini Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:59 pm

Panda wrote:
    zerdini wrote:

- Longfellow

I totally know what you mean here and I respect it. I'm young, very young actually. I am only 15 years old. I have not lived life too much yet. So, I don't know what I believe. What if we don't have a soul? If we do, what if there isn't an afterlife?
    There is an afterlife, panda. I realise you are only fifteen. Compared to me you are only at the beginning of your spiritual journey. You have plenty of time to research and investigate and there may well be many intersting experiences awaiting you in the future. It's all very exciting at the beginning but there is a danger of spiritual indigestion. As the Scots say: "Make haste slowly".

Post  Guest Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:12 pm

zerdini wrote:There is an afterlife, panda. I realise you are
    only fifteen. Compared to me you are only at the beginning of your
    spiritual journey. You have plenty of time to research and investigate
    and there may well be many intersting experiences awaiting you in the
    future. It's all very exciting at the beginning but there is a danger
    of spiritual indigestion. As the Scots say: "Make haste slowly".

I would suggest it's more accurate to say there may be an afterlife. There again, there may not. We cannot know beyond all reasonable doubt. I agree with the rest of your sentiment though - we have the ability to research and come to the conclusions that are right for ourselves. As for myself, I am unsure. I've not experienced anything that confirms that there is an afterlife beyond all doubt. But then, I have not concluded that there isn't one either. Absence of evidence isn't always evidence of absence, after all. :)

Enjoy the ride as you find your answers, Panda! Are you scared of dying? - Page 2 28115
    zerdini

Male

Post  zerdini Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:20 pm

Dilettante wrote:
    zerdini wrote:There is an afterlife, panda. I realise you are
    only fifteen. Compared to me you are only at the beginning of your
    spiritual journey. You have plenty of time to research and investigate
    and there may well be many intersting experiences awaiting you in the
    future. It's all very exciting at the beginning but there is a danger
    of spiritual indigestion. As the Scots say: "Make haste slowly".

I would suggest it's more accurate to say there may be an afterlife. There again, there may not. We cannot know beyond all reasonable doubt. I agree with the rest of your sentiment though - we have the ability to research and come to the conclusions that are right for ourselves. As for myself, I am unsure. I've not experienced anything that confirms that there is an afterlife beyond all doubt. But then, I have not concluded that there isn't one either. Absence of evidence isn't always evidence of absence, after all. :)

Enjoy the ride as you find your answers, Panda! Are you scared of dying? - Page 2 28115
    After fifty-odd years I know beyond all reasonable doubt that there is an afterlife. Not only have I had sufficient evidence of its existence but I have seen it for myself.
    I have debated the subject many times with well known sceptics on TV over the years. Inevitably they came up to me at the end of the programme, handed me their card and asked me if I could get them an invite to a seance.
    Lynn
    Lynn

Female
    Number of posts : 1467
    Job/hobbies : Retired - Interests Metaphysics
    Registration date : 2010-01-26

Post  Lynn Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:35 pm

Violet wrote:Are you scared of dying, or just how you will die, or do you have no fear at all of any part of death?
    Have your beliefs (whatever they are,) helped you fear it less, more, or not made any difference?

Hello

No, and even more so settled in having and NDE it might well have given to me more respects for how fragile life truly be.
    Being a Medium too I see Spirit and I have seen one's leave in thier death with that last breath out, seen them leave. To see that peace as the Light opens to take them. To cross an Earth Bound Ghost to become Spirit, to feel and see that tranistion.

Death is so no the end we think it be it is just the end of the body we be housed in is all. Working with Spirits I find that the learning and understandings to carry on. They keep up with the changes we go through see the World change and grow. There is more to learn in Spirit.

I be in no rush for that transition as I have a family to yet finish raising . Too for those that can "sense me" they wonder why I would choose to live with the day to day pain I have....the frame may be rotter at the core but the Spirit is alive in me.

Lynn

Post  Guest Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:12 pm

zerdini wrote:After fifty-odd years I know beyond all reasonable doubt that there is an afterlife. Not only have I had sufficient evidence of its existence but I have seen it for myself.

Fair enough. I have yet to accrue such evidence and certainly I haven't 'seen' the afterlife as yet. Well, I don't believe I have anyway. I think the clinch for me would be to find that little nugget that could not be explained by any other reason/mechanism than it being evidence of an afterlife. Are you scared of dying? - Page 2 63420
    Panda
    Panda

Female

Post  Panda Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:16 pm

zerdini wrote:
    Panda wrote:
    zerdini wrote:

- Longfellow

There is an afterlife, panda. I realise you are only fifteen. Compared to me you are only at the beginning of your spiritual journey. You have plenty of time to research and investigate and there may well be many intersting experiences awaiting you in the future. It's all very exciting at the beginning but there is a danger of spiritual indigestion. As the Scots say: "Make haste slowly".

I agree with Dilettante. Speaking for myself; I have no way of really knowing what is and what isn't. I understand that there many be an afterlife or there might not be. I really haven't seen anything that can make me believe that there is an afterlife. Though, I may be wrong in everything I believe in but I can never be sure until I die.
    AngelTony
    AngelTony

Male
    Number of posts : 1227
    Registration date : 2010-04-08

Post  AngelTony Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:17 am

Panda wrote:I agree with Dilettante. Speaking for myself; I have no way of really knowing what is and what isn't. I understand that there many be an afterlife or there might not be. I really haven't seen anything that can make me believe that there is an afterlife. Though, I may be wrong in everything I believe in but I can never be sure until I die.
    Yes you can though when you really learn to listen to your spirit! Are you scared of dying? - Page 2 15910
    I not only know that there is an afterlight, but I was shown what it looks like! It took years though before it made sense. Are you scared of dying? - Page 2 529620
    Panda
    Panda

Female

Post  Panda Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:35 am

Hi AngelTony,
    I hope that one day I too will be able to see the afterlife like you and so many others have. Until then, I will continue to image what it could be like.
    AngelTony
    AngelTony

Male

Post  AngelTony Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:29 am

Panda wrote:Hi AngelTony,
    I hope that one day I too will be able to see the afterlife like you and so many others have. Until then, I will continue to image what it could be like.
    Just feel happy that it is real. Are you scared of dying? - Page 2 15910 I do everyday. Kinda takes the stress off.
    psychoslice
    psychoslice

Male
    Number of posts : 1117
    Job/hobbies : oil painting, reading,music, living life
    Registration date : 2010-04-23

Post  psychoslice Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:06 am

No I'm not scared of dieing, of course I wouldn't want to die in agony, but death seems to me an adventure, its sort of exciting in a way, why should we be scared we have done it maybe millions of times already ?. :astar:
    L'angel
    L'angel

Female
    Number of posts : 276
    Registration date : 2010-02-06

Post  L'angel Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:34 am

My only fear is leaving my children while they still need me (the 10 and 14 yr. old) My 10 year old daughter is at a very dependent point right now, asking me questions and relying on me to guide her....I do not want to leave anyone as sad as I was when I lost my parents, (All of this about others,...so, no I am not afraid of dying, just not ready...LOL)
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:04 am

Leaving our family?
    I wonder how that will affect us when we leave for spirit?
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:29 am

I think we'd probably see far more of our family than ever before and know what is truly going on in their lives rather than what they choose to tell us, I think it will be eye opening, sometimes shocking, for instance can you imagine how you'd feel if you found out (for example)your sister had been battered by her partner for the last twenty years and when you said no ten years ago you could have got her out of it, or that cousin john really hates your guts Are you scared of dying? - Page 2 350287 or even worse things, perhaps our perspectives on such issues would automatically change on returning home, perhaps this is why people are believed to rest a while on their return home are they being prepared for such shocks? For the first time ever in our lives we will see the whole truth right in front of us.

I wonder sometimes what it must be like when relatives look down on their funerals and see the squabbles and the money issues, what must they think????????

AngelTony
    AngelTony

Male

Post  AngelTony Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:18 am

It was very scrary when my dad died. I was 14, and it left a mark inside me that haunts me to this day. When he died, a peice of me did as well. Now keep in mind I was adopted, so he was NO relative at all, there was no blood in our relation at all, but a peice of me died when he did. Now another direct relative did pass on and it shocked me but I got over it fast about 10 years ago. A few years ago I looked at that again and thought how sad I was to feel that way. What a crummy person I was to feel so little when he died. He was my real father. I new him as well. Our families kept close even though I was adopted. We saw each other a few times a year but I did not live there. I dropped to me knees and cried!! He probably died knowing we were never connected and took that to his grave. I cry every day now becuase of how I felt then. Of how little I cared. So always keep in mind if you ever adopt anybody, you do adopt there soul and you will become a real direct parent due to that fact. You will be connected just like the original maternal parent! 100% and your child will know that!!!!!!Are you scared of dying? - Page 2 753319

No I am not afraid of dying, I am exited to know that I will hug them both when I see them again in heaven and know this bitterness will be gone.
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:45 am

Never thought of that,Vi.
    Good thinking. The things we would find out what other people really thought of us.
    That would bring our ego down a bit.
    Are you scared of dying? - Page 2 45824
    Joanie x

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 12:19 am