Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Question!

Earthealer
    Earthealer

Female
    Number of posts : 159
    Job/hobbies : unemployed, music, writing, reading, crystal collection, line dancing, singing
    Registration date : 2009-11-28

Question! Empty Question!

Post  Earthealer Tue Aug 10, 2010 2:57 pm

About artwork on tarot decks.... it shouldn't matter what kind of artwork is on the tarot deck right as long as the intention is placed into the cards, they will still work for the highest of love and light energies?

You see, I have been drawn to a gothic style art deck, (a first for me heh), it is the favole tarot by victoria frances... and I am wondering whether to buy them or just pass them by because of the feelings that have reeled me in to look at them. It's not an uneasy feeling nor a bad one, just can't take eyes of em that type feeling. Will they still work the same as my other cards, for the highest of love light energies despite their artwork has a slight twist?

skye

Female
    Number of posts : 1256
    Registration date : 2009-09-06

Question! Empty Re: Question!

Post  skye Tue Aug 10, 2010 6:28 pm

Hi septima,
    the cards are only drawings as you know they have no magic to them. If you feel drawn to buying them then please do. It's preferable to work with cards you like than those you don't so go ahead. The symbology in the cards can still be read no matter what deck is used. Many people have a large number of different packs and work with each one depending on their mood.
    Good luck on your tarot journey. :)
    Earthealer
    Earthealer

Female
    Job/hobbies : unemployed, music, writing, reading, crystal collection, line dancing, singing

Post  Earthealer Tue Aug 10, 2010 6:42 pm

Hiya

thanks for your reply, I was a bit hesitant at first as whether or not these cards were for me, but your answer has confirmed it for me now, so thank you very much for responding to my question so quickly!
    I will definitely get them when I am able to!

Peace & blessings
    Septima
    shayn
    shayn

Female
    Number of posts : 4035
    Job/hobbies : tarot reader
    Registration date : 2009-02-18

Post  shayn Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:56 pm

hi septima

i have several decks i don't use all of them but i love looking at them, and i bought some decks just because i loved the art work. so if you love this deck buy it, you don't have to use it for reading or whatever, and one day maybe you will find a use for this deck or you jsut have it there around to look at when ever you feel like that

s
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Post  Violet Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:01 pm

I agree with the others, it's better to get a pack that you feel drawn to than getting a standard pack which leaves you cold, if you like the pictures I feel you'll work with them more often and probably better than something with less appeal. PLease let us know how you feel about them when you get them. Question! 821538

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    Earthealer
    Earthealer

Female

Post  Earthealer Sat Aug 14, 2010 10:12 am

Hiya both, thanks - I ordered them from amazon, they've been dispatched. For some reason the rider waites don't work for me that easily, so I wanted to go for a deck that wasn't based on rider waite style, or was loosely based on it, this was the deck that I was drawn to, I am hoping it will help reconnect me spiritually. It is similar to my NA deck which too was also different and sat nicely with me in regards to readings. So I am hoping that as I am drawn to the artwork that it will help and present me with a different angle of the tarot.
    skye

Female
    Number of posts : 1256
    Registration date : 2009-09-06

Post  skye Sat Aug 14, 2010 2:12 pm

Hi septima,
    That's great to hear you have ordered them. :) I had a quick preview of your chosen deck earlier in the week, and in some strange way I liked the few sample cards, somewhat dark and mysterious. I'm sure they will help give you a different slant on the readings you do with them for you feel so connected to them.

The Rider Waite deck is not for everybody although there is so much symbology in the cards it can help beginners on their journey of tarot. But thankfully there are many different decks out there to choose from the problem I have is that I like quite a number of them but I cam imagine what my hubby would say if I bought every deck I liked. Septima have you ever considered creating your own deck?
    Earthealer
    Earthealer

Female

Post  Earthealer Sat Aug 14, 2010 3:52 pm

It's odd that you ask that because I have considered creating my own tarot deck, with roses, and still art photography. Although I've only gotten further than two cards, I've yet to continue with it so the idea has been left, but not abandoned as of yet.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 12:04 pm