Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Night Terrors

Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Night Terrors Empty Night Terrors

Post  Violet Sun Oct 17, 2010 12:04 am

Do any of you experience this?
    Soaring Bird
    Soaring Bird

Male
    Number of posts : 1225
    Job/hobbies : Guitar
    Registration date : 2009-07-14

Night Terrors Empty Re: Night Terrors

Post  Soaring Bird Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:05 am

Last time was a few years ago when I dreamed? that someone or something was trying to lift me out the bed to take me away to who knows where. It was ever so real. I dreamed I was kicking out, thrashing about to stop 'them' from taking me. I awoke at this point to find my legs with the duvet wrapped around my legs were up in midair as I had actually been physically kicking out.
    Actually I just remembered another one I had a couple of months ago where i was standing somewhere at the coast with a female work colleague. Wow! Ive just gave myself goosebumps now. It wasnt a piggin dream it was a premonition. poop! Ive only just realised! This is not good!
    okay, Ive taken a minute or so to put this together now, right, the dream. We were standing at the coast but not on a beach. Suddenly this tall lean black shape, about 12ft tall appeared behind us. Itr didnt have arms but it had like leather straps about 8ft long it was lashing out. My work colleague practilly got shredded within seconds with these lashing belts.(This has got to go in my Book) . It woke me up.
    Now, the scary bit, reality. Less than a month ago that same female colleague was beaten and raped by a man that she had only been going out with for a short time.
    No details have been released to the press yet, she is obviously still of work but I'll bet a belt was used there somewhere.
    Theres a topic question. Should one feel guilty if they have a dream\premonition about someone else but do not inform them regardless of whether they are spiiritual or not and whether they would believe you or not?

Big Hugs Night Terrors 531481 Soaring Bird
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:44 am

OMG SB, no NEVER feel guilty for something you can't possibly know is going to happen, i'm so sorry for your friend, please, if we can help with healing add her to our healing section, you couldn't possibly have known if that dream symbolised that or even if it would have come true, and there is no saying that dream even referred to that in the slightest, it could be something totally unconnected. Don't think bad of yourself in any way, it is no one's fault other than the 'man' who actually attacked her.

Had you told her what you'd seen would she have thought that was going to happen? I doubt it it wouldn't have changed anything.

Besides that how often do we all dream of the people we know and sometimes love very deeply, dying some terrible death, it's fairly commonplace but very rarely a premonition Night Terrors 21581
    Soaring Bird
    Soaring Bird

Male

Post  Soaring Bird Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:00 am

Thanks Violet,
    That was a bit of a shocker to me last night. I just didnt think of it as any kind of sign. Although I must admit I found it really strange that I should have such a lifelike dream and she was in it. We just know each other enough at work to say hello and how are you doing sort of thing. Another strange thing about that dream was that I never got touched at all in it. It was like I was there but invisible I guess. This thing was so quick. Like a tornado with hundreds of black leather belts lashing out so fast. She just disintegrated.
    I dont know how she is doing in reality, I do know the man that did it is in jail where he belongs and hopefully for a very long time.
    Spiritually this has been a lesson for me. I do need to be more aware of signs. It may and probably wouldnt have made a difference but...

Lynn
    Lynn

Female
    Number of posts : 1467
    Job/hobbies : Retired - Interests Metaphysics
    Registration date : 2010-01-26

Post  Lynn Fri Oct 22, 2010 3:20 am

Hello

Well for me what I thouht were night terrors and or nightmares were VISIONS. I was blessed to spend a week in a Sleep Lab and I had me brain wired for sound.

I now have a good understanding on what goes on and what is dream and what is something I need to look into more.

I wake at times sceaming, crying, shaking, or in a rush to find the internet or TV to see what just happened. Me mate has a lot to deal with from time to time with me. He knows that its just whom I am.

Lynn
    sparkly
    sparkly

Female
    Number of posts : 989

Post  sparkly Fri Oct 22, 2010 4:37 am

hey sb, sometimes you don't realise its more than 'just a dream'.
    as a kid i remember dreaming about stuff and as an adult, that didn't come true for yrs and yrs but eventually...
    like a few yrs ago , maybe 5- 6 i dreamed my uncle was very sick and died in the hospital. i asked my mother and she said he was fine...
    now two yrs back it happened, just that way. ive seen it with another person, but i'm not going to tell her, as it can't be changed and it would ruin her next ten yrs probably. plus its what they have to learn and go through.
    its a horrible thing you dreamed of your colleague, but she probably wouldn't have listened, and maybe something worse may have happened if she did.
    the fact that it was 12 feet tall suggests it was insurmountable, there was nothing to be done. Night Terrors 15910 Night Terrors 15910 Night Terrors 15910 Night Terrors 15910
    Soaring Bird
    Soaring Bird

Male

Post  Soaring Bird Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:59 pm

Thanks Sparky,
    After having time to digest this experience I guess we all have our path to follow and our experiences to learn. However harsh they may be, so, I suppose even if it had been possible to avert it would have happened later as I believe even if one tries to shape or force their path away from the mainstream. No matter how hard they tried they find themselves back at the same position they were trying to avoid in the first place. I think you are right not telling the other person, as you say it would only spoil the next ten years for her and this lefe cycle is far too short to be worrying it away.
    sparkly
    sparkly

Female
    Number of posts : 989

Post  sparkly Sun Oct 24, 2010 12:54 am

you are very welcome sb, Night Terrors 182340
    yes, you can not avoid your karma. trying to do so will make things more painful...waiting in fear...
    garry lynch, the father of anita cobby wrote a wonderful book called 'struck by lightning'. though the book is about him. he doess include a passage about anita' sspirit communicating that her rape and murder had to happen and that had it not, a great weight would have remained on her shoulders. i can not recommend this book highly enough for this and so many other inclusions, including his amazing experience in a lightning storm. a very positive book.
    Lynn
    Lynn

Female
    Number of posts : 1467
    Job/hobbies : Retired - Interests Metaphysics

Post  Lynn Sun Oct 24, 2010 1:05 am

Hello

Thoughts on this " Old Hag "
    The OLD Hag Syndrome

This is a form of sleep paralysis and it is very real and very unnerving .

It happens when the brain enters into REM sleep or is coming out of REM sleep. When it happens entering to sleep it is not so bad of a feeling more like the shutting down of the body. When one suddenly wakes with sleep paralysis and the brain has not had time to process the information then it can be down right scary.

One might at times feel pinned to the bed and this feeling of helplessness can lead into a panicked state and last for a few seconds of a few minutes BUT it seems like an eternity. This at times can be combined with vivid and at times graphic visual images. This is an almost hallucination state of being. This to could be liked to an OBE ( Out of Body) or Astral Travel experience where one has had a either a Sudden Exit or Sudden Re Entry event.

What are the symptoms of the Old Hag, well it’s the feeling of being unable to more. One is left with the other senses in tack, one can smell, hear, see, but can not feel or move. There is a heavy feeling to the body like its being pushed down from above held most times at the chest and breathing becomes at times labored. This too can be brought on from a panic attack.

The Folklore to this is that a Witch or Old Hag comes and rides on one’s chest and gives one the sense that there is something really negative in one’s room.

I have put here from Astral Dynamics by Robert Bruce

The Torso Energy Surge :

Torso Energy Surge:

Many projections are ruined by a surge of energy in the torso, as energy flows through the legs and lower primary centres, through the navel and solar plexus to the heart and higher centers. This feels very much like the 'falling' sensation you get occasionally while drifting off to sleep. This feeling makes you catch at the sides of the bed, as if to stop yourself from falling. All these sensations are caused by a surge of emotional type energy through the energy body and heart centre, as the real time double is generated and the projection out of body begins.

This sensation is so strong in some people it leaves them breathless and wide awake, thus breaking the delicate relaxed state necessary for conscious exit obbe . This can be an infuriating problem. The torso energy surge often contains a great deal of emotional, nervous and adrenalin affecting energies as massive amounts of energy move through the lower primary centres into and through the heart centre. This can be felt in much the same way as any emotional surging type of body-rush would be felt...like a huge wave of excitement, much like you may feel if you suddenly won a million dollars, or like the feelings caused by riding roller coaster or bungie-jumping.

Sexual arousal is, also, not uncommonly related to this type of energy surge, as there is a primary energy centre (major chakra) situated directly over the genitals. (This centre is not mentioned in the Treatise, but is dealt with in my book "Astral Dynamics" under the Core Skills & Energy section) A strong upwards energy rush of energy will thus often involve this genital centre, to a greater or lesser extent, depending upon the energy makeup of the projector. Arousal usually breaks the delicately balanced state required for conscious exit oobe.

Lying prone on the back seems to intensify the torso energy surge problem. One way of easing this problem is to experiment with other resting/projection positions, to find one where the sensations are weaker or less distracting. These sensations are generally weaker when lying on your side or when sitting semi-upright. Lying fully on your side, however, tends to promote lucid dreams rather than OOBE's.

This energy surge is, basically, caused by massive energy movement through the energy body and it's primary centres (major chakras). Heavy energy movement sensations are caused by energy blockages in energy structures not accustomed to conscious exit projection. The heavier the sensations the stronger will be the energy blockages causing them. When the energy body is unused to heavy primary centre energy movement, and the projector is awake, these sensations can severely disrupt projection attempts. The only way to solve this particular problem appears to be regular meditation, relaxation, trance & energy work, which promotes energy body development. This is best done separately from actual projection attempts. These exercises should be continued until energy centres and their connecting pathways grow strong enough to handle the stronger energy movements which happen during a conscious exit oobe.

Just some thoughs......

Lynn

Last edited by Lynn on Sun Oct 24, 2010 1:06 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spacing form Paste)
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:58 pm

I meant to reply to this the other night, thanks for sharing this Lynn Night Terrors 21581
    Rainbow
    Rainbow

Female
    Number of posts : 1292
    Job/hobbies : Job; playing with my dogs. Hobbies; playing with my dogs lol
    Registration date : 2009-02-20

Post  Rainbow Sat Sep 03, 2011 12:18 am

I don't have these or nightmares Night Terrors 229495 any dream that is odd or has something bad happening in it (say I'm being attacked or something) I fight back. My hubby reckons it's because I can face my demons. But seriously I have never had a nightmare and I've had stuff happen to me that could quite easily cause them. I think I must be odd... Oh well.Night Terrors 114597
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Sat Sep 03, 2011 12:20 am

Rainbow you're lucky, they really are horrible things.
    Rainbow
    Rainbow

Female
    Number of posts : 1292
    Job/hobbies : Job; playing with my dogs. Hobbies; playing with my dogs lol
    Registration date : 2009-02-20

Post  Rainbow Sat Sep 03, 2011 12:22 am

I hear people talking about them and see them on tv and stuff but I've never really understood how a dream can be so bad that it does that to you.
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Sat Sep 03, 2011 12:29 am

When I dream nine times out of ten it is like real life I feel everything physically and emotionally, they can be very draining.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:10 am